Josh Brolin is George W. Bush

Josh Brolin is George W. Bush

Here is the first picture of Josh Brolin as George W. Bush and Elizabeth Banks as the First Lady Laura Bush! The pair is featured on the cover of this week’s cover of Entertainment Weekly for their new film W.

The GWB biopic will chronicle the life and presidency of the 43rd President of the United States of America. Bush is reportedly portrayed in the film as a foul-mouthed, reformed drunk obsessed with baseball, Saddam Hussein and the conflicted relationship with his dad.

Directing is Oliver Stone, whose film credits include Nixon and JFK. He loves them presidential movies!

Here’s the rest of the cast: Thandie Newton as National Security Advisor turned secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Ioan Gruffudd as Tony Blair, Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer, James Cromwell as George Herbert Walker Bush, Ellen Burstyn as Barbara Bush and Jeffrey Wright as General Colin Powell.

To read the full cover story, visit EW.com.

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

watch Gossip Girl, Mondays at 8 pm.

Oh great, we needed another bomb of Alexander proportions

Twifanatic Amanda @ 05/08/2008 at 2:43 am

Are you kidding me? I like all of these actors but I can’t believe they’re doing a movie like this.

This sounds awful. And too early to be appropriate.

this already reeks of awful

Well I know I’ll be busy washing my hair when this comes out. It’s got a good cast and Oliver Stone can be a good director but I can tell just from the synopisis that this nothing but cheap mud slinging at its laziest. In fact I would go so far as to say that it’s so far beneath Stone and the cast that’s it not even funny.

I wouldn’t go see this movie if you threw money after me. Jesus christ this must be the dumbest idea ever

No Country for Old Men

joneblaze @ 05/08/2008 at 6:28 am

Good make up job should be good for a few laughs

wtf??? they are making a film of Bush?!!
is it going to be a comedy? and i think it’s too early to make a film about this man.
oh and i also dislike the fact that laura bush looks like the daughter of her husband. couldn’t they find a more age apropriate actress??

so disrespectful/mean

[☆C o n c e i t e d☆] @ 05/08/2008 at 7:12 am

This is going to be terrible. His disapproval rating is at what? 71%? Are they hoping the other 29% are gonna show up at the theater? I am certainly not going to waste my money on this farce.

Elizabeth @ 05/08/2008 at 7:37 am

I’m going to keep my mind open about this one. At the very least, it’s worth a viewing, regardless of everything. There are terrific actors in this movie, this will be interesting, just to to see what it’ll be like.

interesting……

original jpf @ 05/08/2008 at 7:51 am

Oliver Stone’s “JFK” and “Platoon” cancel out his not so great (IMO) flicks for me and so I can’t wait to see if three times are a charm. The the Bush family is not off limits, and the time is way past due opposed to being to soon.

Thanks JJ

jpf

They should make it into a comedy.

Wow he is really pathetic . . . Why can’t everyone leave Pres. Bush alone?! I guess he did create ‘Alexander’ . . . what a joke.

Benny Mars @ 05/08/2008 at 9:47 am

**** you haters. This movie will be great and you will watch it somehow. By the way Elizabeth Banks is smokin!

Guys, this movie is not for the clueless 21% who still approve of this doofus. Read the description again:

“Bush is reportedly portrayed in the film as a foul-mouthed, reformed drunk obsessed with baseball, Saddam Hussein and the conflicted relationship with his dad.”

Does that sound like a fawning biopic? Not so much. I hope they tear him a new one.

P.S. Lilly–You think people should “leave the president alone”?!??!?!!

Um, if you want to be left alone and not critiqued for royally f*cking up your job (which also f*cks up the whole freaking world), DON’T BECOME THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD!!!

P.S. Lilly–You think people should “leave the president alone”?!??!?!!

Sleeping giant @ 05/08/2008 at 10:39 am

I’d go and see it. Despite everything, I really think Bush is a good man, He’s just not that smart and people were pulling his strings like a wooden puppet. He’s human and no one’s perfect.

By the Way…
OBAMA 08…

This have gone too far to measure in a movie…..

btw, we know where Oliver Stone is coming from…gf

antiBushisms @ 05/08/2008 at 11:32 am

Yep.. that sums it up.. all hail the cheif!

I can’t even recognise him! Excellent actor, though. He’ll do fine.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All