Josh Brolin is George W. Bush

Josh Brolin is George W. Bush

Here is the first picture of Josh Brolin as George W. Bush and Elizabeth Banks as the First Lady Laura Bush! The pair is featured on the cover of this week’s cover of Entertainment Weekly for their new film W.

The GWB biopic will chronicle the life and presidency of the 43rd President of the United States of America. Bush is reportedly portrayed in the film as a foul-mouthed, reformed drunk obsessed with baseball, Saddam Hussein and the conflicted relationship with his dad.

Directing is Oliver Stone, whose film credits include Nixon and JFK. He loves them presidential movies!

Here’s the rest of the cast: Thandie Newton as National Security Advisor turned secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Ioan Gruffudd as Tony Blair, Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer, James Cromwell as George Herbert Walker Bush, Ellen Burstyn as Barbara Bush and Jeffrey Wright as General Colin Powell.

To read the full cover story, visit EW.com.

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

watch Gossip Girl, Mondays at 8 pm.

Oh great, we needed another bomb of Alexander proportions

Twifanatic Amanda @ 05/08/2008 at 2:43 am

Are you kidding me? I like all of these actors but I can’t believe they’re doing a movie like this.

This sounds awful. And too early to be appropriate.

this already reeks of awful

Well I know I’ll be busy washing my hair when this comes out. It’s got a good cast and Oliver Stone can be a good director but I can tell just from the synopisis that this nothing but cheap mud slinging at its laziest. In fact I would go so far as to say that it’s so far beneath Stone and the cast that’s it not even funny.

I wouldn’t go see this movie if you threw money after me. Jesus christ this must be the dumbest idea ever

No Country for Old Men

joneblaze @ 05/08/2008 at 6:28 am

Good make up job should be good for a few laughs

wtf??? they are making a film of Bush?!!
is it going to be a comedy? and i think it’s too early to make a film about this man.
oh and i also dislike the fact that laura bush looks like the daughter of her husband. couldn’t they find a more age apropriate actress??

so disrespectful/mean

[☆C o n c e i t e d☆] @ 05/08/2008 at 7:12 am

This is going to be terrible. His disapproval rating is at what? 71%? Are they hoping the other 29% are gonna show up at the theater? I am certainly not going to waste my money on this farce.

Elizabeth @ 05/08/2008 at 7:37 am

I’m going to keep my mind open about this one. At the very least, it’s worth a viewing, regardless of everything. There are terrific actors in this movie, this will be interesting, just to to see what it’ll be like.

interesting……

original jpf @ 05/08/2008 at 7:51 am

Oliver Stone’s “JFK” and “Platoon” cancel out his not so great (IMO) flicks for me and so I can’t wait to see if three times are a charm. The the Bush family is not off limits, and the time is way past due opposed to being to soon.

Thanks JJ

jpf

They should make it into a comedy.

Wow he is really pathetic . . . Why can’t everyone leave Pres. Bush alone?! I guess he did create ‘Alexander’ . . . what a joke.

Benny Mars @ 05/08/2008 at 9:47 am

**** you haters. This movie will be great and you will watch it somehow. By the way Elizabeth Banks is smokin!

Guys, this movie is not for the clueless 21% who still approve of this doofus. Read the description again:

“Bush is reportedly portrayed in the film as a foul-mouthed, reformed drunk obsessed with baseball, Saddam Hussein and the conflicted relationship with his dad.”

Does that sound like a fawning biopic? Not so much. I hope they tear him a new one.

P.S. Lilly–You think people should “leave the president alone”?!??!?!!

Um, if you want to be left alone and not critiqued for royally f*cking up your job (which also f*cks up the whole freaking world), DON’T BECOME THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD!!!

P.S. Lilly–You think people should “leave the president alone”?!??!?!!

Sleeping giant @ 05/08/2008 at 10:39 am

I’d go and see it. Despite everything, I really think Bush is a good man, He’s just not that smart and people were pulling his strings like a wooden puppet. He’s human and no one’s perfect.

By the Way…
OBAMA 08…

This have gone too far to measure in a movie…..

btw, we know where Oliver Stone is coming from…gf

antiBushisms @ 05/08/2008 at 11:32 am

Yep.. that sums it up.. all hail the cheif!

I can’t even recognise him! Excellent actor, though. He’ll do fine.

You guys realize, of course, that if conservatives were as mean and thin-skinned as portrayed, and that if Bush was so quick to kill civil liberties in this country, that Oliver Stone would likely be in a jail cell right now. Or audited by the IRS. Or have any number of governmental actions happen to him.

But not doing those things would interefere with the Bush caricature, would it not?

I think it’s too early to be making a movie about Bush. i think they should’ve waited a few years and explore the real impact his govt’s ‘legacy” is going to have on the world. I feel like this movie is a bit premature in the making…

What a stupid idea for a movie. Merely from the synopsis, it’s totally made up and a political mud-throwing show on Oliver Stone’s part. Just go out and vote, dude. No need to make up lies. That shows how immature, dishonest, and a unethical Stone is.

I hope it really flops.

This film will tank. Why? Because anyone who knows Oliver Stone’s political world view has already seen this movie before it was ever filmed. Boring!!!!

Unfortunately Hollywood liberals are so deaf dumb and blind to see that anti conservative, anti American anti west, anti business, etc have all been done to death for years in Hollywood.

Nothing new or fresh here. Same politics, different day. Yawn.

another anti Bush anti war Hollywood movie that Americans will boycott. Get a clue Hollywood.

Yet another person who suffers from BDS — Bush Derangement Syndrome. These people suffer from the delusion that GWB is responsible for everything bad in the world. Stubbed your toe? It’s Bush’s fault! Got a ticket? It’s Bush’s fault! Get it together, people. He hasn’t been a particularly great president, but he hasn’t been horrible, either. And for those people who criticize him for Iraq, do they also criticize LBJ or the idolized JFK for Vietnam? Yeah, didn’t think so.

My prediction — this movie will tank. Just like all of the Iraq-oriented films. People go to the movies for entertainment, not for some Hollywood dumbass to tell them how they should think or feel.

know bullshit when I see it @ 05/08/2008 at 9:34 pm

Oliver Stone produces nothing but extreme left-wing propaganda for the Kos Kids. His movies have become jokes. He wouldn’t be able to tell the truth if he got paid for it.

hailtothethief @ 05/08/2008 at 9:53 pm

‘rj’ – No one is going to boycott anything, you ignoramus. I’m terribly sorry to bring your carefully-constructed fantasy world crashing down around your ears, but we’re in recession, the world hates us, the Bush family has done nothing but **** things up from day one, and, for the last stone’s throw – EVERYONE KNOWS THAT NOW. Except you.

Get informed, or get out of my country. Stupid, lazy, ignorant Americans, like yourself, are the reason why he got in for a second term, and sodomized our civil liberties.

for a minute I thought it had to do with an SNL skit or something one thing for sure not watching it not even if they pay me :p

#33 The world has hated us since we bailed it out in WWII and then paid to rebuild the destruction they caused themselves. Anti-american hatred didn’t just start with the War on Terror. We are not any where near recession. Get a clue. Globalization is changing the world economy and just like the industrial revolution, it will cause some to suffer until they figure it out. I haven’t lost any of my civil rights and neither has anyone in the country. You are a victim of BDS, big time.

Have a celeb record your outgoing voicemail! Stars include Robin Williams, Ben affleck,
Isla Fisher, Hank Azaria, Felicity Huffman, Courtney Cox & David Arquette + MORE!!!!

Zeynep Karakurt Ozman @ 08/25/2011 at 10:43 pm

I think the whole world will realise the legend and his worth.

George W. Bush is a great guy. He is hidden behind a big family. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and that status was badly criticised by jealous people of the world.

Think about it once. If you were in his shoes would you work as hard as he does.

He is a great guy, a real classy man. He faces with his own reality and gets on with it. He has done his best to cope with his destiny. He was born with a huge assignment such as the First Son of George W.H. Bush…. I believe the young boy would have preferred a more common life, since he is a down to earth character with great sense of humour and zest for life. But he knows we all have to live the lives with the parts to play on earth, given by the Mighty.

George W. is a good Christian, and I believe he has a special relationship with God.

He tackled all the difficult jobs with grace. His value will be understood by the future generations.

For the time being, the jealous losers can continue with their attacks on his personality, quality, wisdom etc.

I HAVE TO WARN YOU IDIOTS, YOU TALK TALK TALK…… BUT NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OR SAY. YOUR VENOMOUS WORDS ONLY POISON YOUR OWN EGOS.

My best wishes to George W. Good going man!

Love Zippy