Sarah Jessica Parker Premieres Sex and the City

Sarah Jessica Parker Premieres Sex and the City

Sarah Jessica Parker (in Alexander McQueen) is one mean green thing at the world premiere of Sex And The City held at the Odeon Leicester Square on Monday in London, England.

SJP was recently asked whose idea it was to cast Jennifer Hudson. She said, “Michael Patrick King. I had wanted him to include an African-American [character on the show] for a long time, because I recognized that African-American women would legitimately say, ‘Why aren’t there enough women of color [on the show]?’ And I would say, ‘I agree. It hasn’t really reflected New York.’ And Michael was always [insisting] that you can’t do token [parts]; you can’t just throw someone in there because it’s necessary. You have to find something real or it’s even worse than not getting somebody. So he wrote this part, and he said he wanted Jennifer Hudson. And I was like, ‘Sure, get in line! Everyone wants Jennifer Hudson.’ And then she came in and read, which I couldn’t believe. And she was lovely. She’s beautiful in person. She’s gorgeous. She’s probably six inches taller than me, easily. And she was so happy to be there and so enthusiastic and couldn’t believe it.” To read the full interview, visit Premiere.com.

The acorn top! the flowers! The butterflies!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Sarah Jessica Parker’s garden-inspired Philip Treacy hat?

sarah jessica parker sex and the city premiere 01

• Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

really interesting ;))

I like it, i actually love the dress

sarah jessica is stylish as always

i love it!

i really love it!

i was scared it was going to be bad!

but it’s fabulous!

wtf is on her head. She wears some extremely weird and disgusting in SATC too.

outfits ^

WTF?!? Horrible fashion sense. Just horrible.

!@#$$^(&)#%^#$%@# @ 05/12/2008 at 2:09 pm

no one in the world could pull that off the way she does… she’s a fashion icon!
I love her

ithe hat kinda looks odd, like it might be photoshopped

Loooove the dress!
Well about the hat, it’s kind of original, weird but not bad

haha i love it, so carrie

love it. perfect for the SATC prem.

Fabulous…what nice colors and what creativity. Fitting for a function in london.

she looks stunning!!!

she’s beautiful! I love the outfit!!

the head dress looks funny.

I find them all annoying.

How very “isabella blow” of her. FAB!!!! Very UK chic!

She looks great ! Not a fan of the hat but one’s had to have the balls to wear that, and it’s so sex-and-the-city style like ^^ FABULOUS !

sshhii_baby @ 05/12/2008 at 2:30 pm

ONLY SJP can pull this look off!! love love love her!!

Only SJP. Amazing!

She’s wearing a silly hat, yet she still looks good. As someone said, only a fashion icon like her could pull that off (along with the other couture outfits in the film).

It’s OK, but I have to say Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon look better than her, not Kim Cattrall, though.

She could wear a **** on her head and make it stylish……..actually I think that is what she did here! I love it!

POSTWATCHER @ 05/12/2008 at 2:45 pm

Isn’t it rich?
Isn’t it *****,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.

She looks great! The hat’s a little weird…but she still pulls it off!

like the dress but not the acorn hat thing

I think she’s fabulous, I love how she pushes the envelope! She’s channeling Carrie Bradshaw tonight!

Carrie Babe @ 05/12/2008 at 3:01 pm

I LOVE that hat!! Given that shes in England it doesn’t look out of place. Women wear way worse hats than that to Royal Ascot.

I just dont know how she would keep that thing up. Don’t move your head too much lol.

Yes, it definitely doesn’t look out of place and I think like most fashion icons, Sarah probably chose it for a particular reason and we know how The Royal Ascot and how OTT the hats are!

Ugly hat…. but lovely dress

POSTWATCHER @ 05/12/2008 at 3:06 pm

HOLY COMMUNISM BATMAN!

JUSTJARED …..I can’t believe you censored a song……

hmm let’s try some more

“When you’re with the Flintstones
you’ll have a yabba dabba doo time.
A dabba doo time.
You’ll have a gay old time.”

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la, la la la, la la la.
Troll the ancient Yule tide carol,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

It should be worn over her face. Cute dress and shoes and I love her but NO NO NO.. that hat makes your face so .. soo.. disappointing.

Why is she with this HUGE hat? To call more attention than the others?

POSTWATCHER @ 05/12/2008 at 3:07 pm

It’s okay to say Gay but ***** is not spoken here!!!!

POSTWATCHER @ 05/12/2008 at 3:09 pm

OKAY, I am having to much fun…let’s see if JUST JARED is a misogynist….

*****
*****
****

She is ugly anyway.

Paola zandonadi @ 05/12/2008 at 3:13 pm

Why Sarah???????? WHY??????????

JJ -

Re: SJP Wardrobe Information – http://www.reserveresult.com/

Sarah Jessica Parker dressed in Alexander McQueen and Phillip Treacy hat attend The Sex and the City: the movie premiere in London.

RR

on anyone else it would be hideous. but it works for her. =)

She looks like a clown in a French circus. It’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen her wear -out of a lot of stupid looking things.

Wish I could wear a hat like that…love it.

Lol. Could do w/ out the hat, but love the dress.

SJP can do no wrong in my book. These gals are great!

who would seriously wear that? just because shes famous doesn’t mean she can pull THAT off.

Stupid like her…

She’s channeling Carrie Bradshaw. Of course she wore some crazy thing on her head because Carrie is all about that kind of fashion forward stuff.

the hat is really funky; but it’s sarah jessica parker! she rocks it.

And she wonders why she makes the “unsexy women” lists in men magazines?!?!

dangasindahaus @ 05/12/2008 at 10:07 pm

Go, CARRIE!!!

Haha… I’m lovin’ it! Only SJP can pull that off!

Cinderella @ 05/12/2008 at 10:21 pm

Really bad idea…..the hat ……thumbs down duh.

The dress —Cool.

Stellartes @ 05/12/2008 at 10:50 pm

She can get away with anything!

She looks really stunning. I also really like the border treatment on this article you did… you should do it for other ones too.

i love sarah, she’s fashionnista

Is that a hat or a table centerpiece on her head?? Talk about fugly!!

Horrible! She thing she is on Ashton.

love the dress, she looks great. i would definitely not wear that hat but SJP pulls it off nicely.

The hat? Wouldn’t be a SATC without fashion scrutiny, I guess…!

I can’t wait to see the movie – I want to find out which character dies!!

ball sack @ 05/13/2008 at 6:37 am

love the dress. the hat can go. the face needs a bag over it.

love the girl hate the hat.
eww and the dress so not cute.

what ever @ 05/13/2008 at 8:28 am

the hat is not as ugly as her face

smileylou @ 05/13/2008 at 8:43 am

The hat is more Ascot than for a movie premiere.

shoes, YES….
hat and dress, NO!!!!!!!!

I actually really like it. I find it a fun change from the normal frumpy stuff. And she is known for being a fashion icon

Who does she think she is? Carmem Miranda or something???? I think it’s embarassing… That’s how i feel about it! She is fashion, of course, but the “hat” is ridiculous.
The dress is fabulous anyway…

I wonder how does it stay and how she walks with it.

I’m a hat person who likes when people take risks but…
this makes a better centerpiece at a Dr. Suess book signing.
Green eggs & Ham anyone??? Like her huge flower…it becomes a cartoon.

it’s a Philip Treacy hat. alexander mcqueen designed the dress, and the hat was made to match. Treacy is a really respected London hat designer, and being that the premiere was in London, it was really fitting that she chose to go with British designers. from what i see on the red carpets, celebrities and (people in general) are avoiding all things “daring” and going with something safe. it’s really refreshing that SJP just goes for it, and i personally think she rocked the look.

Looks like a photoshopped pic, to be honest.

helloworld @ 05/13/2008 at 3:27 pm

LOL she’s amazing….no one else could pull that hat off. but she does!!! soo chic.LOVE HER. can’t wait for the movie!!!

I love this look.

SJP IS THE MOST FASHION ICON IN THE WORLD

what a hideous outfit…the dress looks like it belongs on a child, and the hat looks like it was designed by somebody on drugs

DaisieBuchanan @ 05/15/2008 at 11:49 am

I never quite got the wardrobe for the show which is very downtown or downright distasteful……clown-like. I thought these were uptown women and would look better in something chic.

The hat looks like an exhibit for the Chelsea Flower Show.

spidergirl @ 07/17/2008 at 4:23 pm

the dress is nice but the hat is just weird…
she can pull it off though
but she looks kinda funny