Real World: Brooklyn Edition!

Real World: Brooklyn Edition!

Production will move from the west coast to the east as the 21st season of The Real World will be filmed in Brooklyn, MTV announced today.

“The Brooklyn season, like the Hollywood season, will focus on what people loved about The Real World when it launched in 1992 – genuine people, meaningful conflict and powerful stories,” said Jon Murray, The Real World Co-Creator and Chairman & President of Bunim-Murray Productions. “We’re thrilled that MTV is allowing The Real World turn 21!”

The Real World: Brooklyn begins shooting this summer and will broadcast 13 one-hour episodes in early 2009. YES, HOUR-LONG EPS!

Posted to: Real World

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

aha they’re gonna get shot

I LOVE THE REALWORLD AND 1st!!!!!!!!!

oh man, i live in brooklyn(:

OMG i live in Brooklyn

BK stand up.

anyone know where in brooklyn their apt/house will be???

I wanna be a part of that cast!!!!!!

ooooh in my neck o the woods. yeehaw.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 05/13/2008 at 3:37 pm

this will be the best season, by far. because its in NYC!

BORN IN BROOKLYN @ 05/13/2008 at 3:52 pm

This will be the best REAL WORLD YET!!! Brooklyn Rules!! Hollaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

I live in brroklyn…boo

NOOO, don’t ruin brooklyn :( :( :(

itzzzkimmm @ 05/13/2008 at 4:21 pm

this is gonna be good.

lights camera action!!!!!! xp

This show needs to END, I loved the first 4 seasons, then the show begin to really suck with nasty, famewhores looking to hookup. No individuality ,no real personality…

They better represent my hometown right, dammit!!!!!

# 12 S @ 05/13/2008 at 4:16 pm NOOO, don’t ruin brooklyn :(
———————————–
ITA

fsdfljaslkdj @ 05/13/2008 at 6:36 pm

Let’s hope they all wear bullet proof wests and carry automatic guns with them at all times.

This is great news. Brooklyn is the type of city this show should be in – not placed like Las Vegas.

i also wanted to comment that i like the people who comment on this site and i love JustJared, and I just wanted to throw a shoutout to http://www.celebrityprayerlist.com, because i think the sensibilities are the same. love you justjared!

I live in Brooklyn too =]
Where in brooklyn, is this going to be shooting?

hmmm.. where exactly in brooklyn?

I’m also born and raised in Brooklyn. I am not happy about this:(

I loveeee Real World! The Hollywood season started in Canada like a month ago?

We have always gotten hour long shows in Canada…. Werid!

rumor has it, one of the locations they’re looking at is in the carroll gardens/cobble hill area…which totally bums me out..cause i’m from that exact area…so i’m not too happy with the real world potentially ruining/trashing my area lol..

the current real world is an hour too. i’ve been waching since the 1st season. i think it all started to go downhill with miami and it has mostly been crap since vegas. (i did like san diego though). i didn’t even bother watching the last season at all. for whatever reason i started watching this year. i really like the 1 hour format. also, i do think this season is less about getting wasted and hooking up than the previous ones. good call mtv for focusing on real issues again.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All