Jessica Alba is Charlie Chaplin

Jessica Alba is Charlie Chaplin

Jessica Alba does her best impersonation of the iconic Charlie Chaplin in the June 2008 issue of Allure.

“Since Jessica‘s doing a comedy, she came up with the idea to dress like Charlie Chaplin,” says Allure creative director Paul Cavaco. “We all thought it was funny because she’s pregnant.”

Here are some highlights from the interview via People:

On not living up to her steamy public image: “[Hollywood] always play[s] up your sexuality, because that’s what gets men into the theaters. And I never really gave a s— about all that stuff! It’s nothing to be ashamed of. But it is definitely not what I am about by any means!”

On being proud of of sexuality: “I don’t think I was comfortable with my sexuality until I was an adult, probably, like, 22 – that’s when I stopped apologizing and stopped feeling ashamed. I did the Vagina Monologues in L.A. That made me proud.”

On pre-martital sex: “I never believed women had to be virgins when they got married, or that a woman has to fall in love with a guy just because they’re having sex. I don’t think sex is a big deal. I hated the hypocrisy of it. Men can do whatever, and it’s acceptable.”

For behind-the-scenes pictures from Alba‘s cover shoot, visit Allure.com.

Christopher Polk/Getty

George ..george.. @ 05/14/2008 at 5:48 am

Hare with carrot Sarah Larson,G.Clooney has good taste!
))))–www.sarahlarson.blog.cz

ASHI JIJI @ 05/14/2008 at 5:59 am

:):):):):)MY FAVORITE STAR !!

so cute !!!!!!

SHE LOOK GOOD

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

she looks cute in the chaplin impersonation.

jason lover @ 05/14/2008 at 7:41 am

this is great, thanks jared!!!

I love Jessica and I think she’s awesome but I definitely don’t agree with what she has to say about pre-marital sex.

Why is this woman famous? Her movies stink. Fantastic movies do not require any acting at all.

There are many other young actresses better than her.

rolling eyes @ 05/14/2008 at 9:55 am

Jessica says:

“[Hollywood] always play[s] up your sexuality… But it is definitely not what I am about by any means!”
_________

Who the heck does she think she’s kidding??!! I have yet to see or remember a movie she has done where she doesn’t take off her close and not “play up” to hollywoodds idea of her. She claims she wants to be taken seriously yet she never does a movie worth taking note of unless your a guy and need soft p.orn on a friday night

whatever Alba

this chick is average at best.

jpitts=royalty @ 05/14/2008 at 10:48 am

Does she ever do any interview without talking about how much she “doesn’t” care about her sex symbol status? yes. Jess we get it. you are hot and its soooooooooo awful!! lol

its like wiping sh!t on gold.

She’s a bad actress and should stop doing these pathetic impersonations because she has no personality of her own.

Just another knocked up trashy actress.

Who cares what she “thinks”, IF her drivel can be construed as thoughts.

Has no talent except for her azz.

“I’m not about using my sexuality .” Says the girl who got naked in tons of men’s magazines.

uhm.
its definately a big deal. Someone who has so many young girls looking up to them oughta have more sense than to state something like that.
shameful.

Help reunite the best couple of the 90s era
Jason Priestley and Jennie Garth are the hottest together!!!!!!!

gywinnies gay pal @ 05/14/2008 at 7:53 pm

Please no more posts about this sour faced ungrateful beyatch. We despise her.

Michelle L. @ 05/14/2008 at 9:17 pm

Not my favourite actress, but I DEFINETELY agree with her point of society’s hypocrissy with sex. It is true, men can have sex left and right without being scrutinized, it is a double standard that is so medieval ages it’s disgusting.

Media Whore @ 05/14/2008 at 11:33 pm

She’s such an idiot.

Jeeze, if you don’t like her, don’t post nasty comments about her. just ignore her if it bothers you so much. JustJared shouldn’t stop the updates on a celebrity just because the few of you don’t want to hear it.

noneofyourbusiness @ 05/20/2008 at 3:17 pm

wooo go jessica :D

she is awesome and whoever things she can’t act orviously don’t know that it means to be an actress. please!!!!!! she never degrades herself in any of her flims if anything that requires nudity she has a shiting stunt double do it haters.get a grip she is the most desent in hollywood and compare to those hooker looking chicks out now she is and has always been a hot number,believe that.

pretty girl, I saw her last romantic comedy, I’m not really sure if it’s her role… Think she’d better play just in melodramas.