Joaquin Phoenix Album in the Works

Joaquin Phoenix Album in the Works

Joaquin Phoenix is creating an album with Tim Burgess of the English alternative rock band The Charlatans, reports Billboard.

“Once [Joaquin] learnt guitar [for the Johnny Cash film Walk The Line,] he found that he had quite a lot of demons inside himself that he wanted to expel through music,” says Burgess.

“All the tracks that me and [Charlatans' manager Alan McGee] worked with him on were brilliant,” adds Burgess. “But I think he just keep scrapping everything or re-doing everything. I’m sad to say that I think it’s one of those records that may never come out, to be honest with you.”

“It’s an on-going thing,” he continues. “I’m trying to get Alan to force him to put it out at the moment, but I don’t know whether it will [get released].”

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
tales from the crypt @ 05/14/2008 at 12:44 am

He is one ugly dog. BLECH!

he was so goodd as johnny cash in walk the line. i loved his voice. he should have won the oscar. i was actually surprised that reese won because hoer portrayal of june carter wasn’t that on point. however, the movie was awesome. also, for the comment that said he was ugly, i don’t agree. if he was in better shape he would be really cute & he is talented.

He smells like old cat farts. Just ask Liv Tyler. She used to **** him.

some of you are ******* ridiculous. he is an amazing actor. dont put so much emphasis oh looks

Um about time for a wig or something. lol

Jared, don’t you mean “In The Works”

Joaquin is an amazing actor. IMO, he should of won Oscars for both Walk The Line and Gladiator.

To poster #1 – NO WAY! He’s not ugly. Joaquin has the most beautiful eyes and great smile :)

I love Joaquin. I agree with poster #2. I never got over,that he didn’t
win the Academy Award for Walk The Line. He was Johnny Cash in that movie. I hope this album does get released.

remember da truth- where are you? A topic on our Joaquin!!

bloodydisaster @ 05/14/2008 at 2:06 am

i go to cinema twice a year.. i watch cable twice a week for an hour.. and saturday night live. i don’t get pirated movies and i don’t accept phisical punishment on people who does.
i really don’t like his smile in that picture. he will really show up something the next time he speaks in public.
hasn’t he gone into scientology too?

I’m sure if Joaquin puts out an album it will do just fine I thought he and Reese sang walk the line better than Johnnyand June

He is a MAGNIFICENT actor.

I love him.

In my eyes he won the Oscar for Walk the Line.

He is so sexy. Especially those eyes….mmmmmm!

former regular @ 05/14/2008 at 5:11 am

Shygirl, I couldn’t agree more!! He should have two Oscars by now. His portrayal of Johnny Cash was so moving — that scene at the Thanksgiving dinner with his father was heartbreaking.

And in Gladiator, he was so good.

As for looks, I think he’s one of the sexiest movie stars today. He is extremely masculine and daring and his emotions are right at the surface, so he really pulls you in.

George ..george.. @ 05/14/2008 at 5:14 am

GC has good taste!)))– http://www.sarahlarson.blog.cz

im not sure about him, but if he’s working with jim sturgess, im all for it

# 12 former regular

ITA with your whole post

LOVE HIM!!!!

FANTASTIC actor good to see him taking interest in other things in life.

I actually think he deserved the Oscar for Gladiator over Benicio Del Toro.

But he will get his due one of these days.

i love his voice, he’s very talentend, i cant’ wait for his album, and he’s not ugly.. i wish i was ugly as him!

Beautiful man overflowing with talent. Bless him.

He won the Grammy for the Walk the Line soundtrack. I hope he puts this cd out. I hate that he is so critical of himself. He’s a doll.

You can sing to me anytime…yummy!

Does anyone know the address where you can send him fanmail? Dumb question, I know

he did good in walk the line but not even comparable to johnny.. but reece on the other hand..i liked her voice better than the real june carter…

i love him so much

gottalovehim:-) @ 05/14/2008 at 6:49 pm

He did AN ABSOLUTE AMAZING job in Walk the Line and could not believe what I saw or heard when I saw that movie!!! WOW!

Rhonda king @ 05/17/2008 at 10:41 pm

Did you see Eva Mendes half naked in Italian Vogue? I was upset that she had the opportunity to kiss and have a relationship with Joaquin Phoenix in “We Own The Night” and in Cannes but now I’m not because she lost her respect with me or anyone who knows her and seen these pictures. Ha, ha.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All