Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz Officially Hitched!

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz Officially Hitched!

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz were married Saturday evening in an intimate ceremony.

“We’re delighted to confirm that Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson were married this evening in front of family and close friends,” a spokesperson told People.

Ashlee, 23, and Pete, 28, began dating in fall 2006 and announced their engagement April 9.

Guests included Jessica Simpson‘s boyfriend, Tony Romo, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. There had been rumors that Jessica Simpson had broken up with Tony Romo, but their reps denied that they broke up and were both in attendance for Ashlee‘s wedding.

Ashlee wore an ivory lace wedding gown by Monique Lhuillier accessorized with a diamond necklace and earrings by Neil Lane.

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

SO happy for them.
i really hope they last.

SECONDD

ok…who really cares?

Good for them! I’m sure we’ll see the pictures soon since Papa Joe will pimp them out.

People keeps reporting that she is pregnant, and not even putting rumor in front of it..I hope this marriage lasts..I am happy for them.

CONGRATS —- BUT HOW LONG ??????????????

OMG! Congratulations ash! ^^

I give this one 6 months…

I feel so happy for both of them. Best of luck from me!

so soon!!!
y pete! y!!!

Perfect couple; I don’t like either of them!

!@#$$^(&)#%^#$%@# @ 05/18/2008 at 12:53 am

good for them… I hope they are happy.

zanessa 4eVERRR! @ 05/18/2008 at 12:53 am

i love them together!!
im sooooo happy for them!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

whoopdeedoo @ 05/18/2008 at 12:57 am

They bore me to tears…but you know the pictures will be pimped all over the place by daddy Joe. Ugh.

they r such a great couple
i think they’re gonna last

OMG two z listers. Who cares about these two? LMAO Is she as dumb as her “chicken of the sea” sister?

Ohhhh, congrats to the happy couple, but like other hollywood coupls they might break up after like 2 years or something…

They are hardly z-listers dear.

I bet their wedding was amaaazing, lucky lucky people!!

eddie jones @ 05/18/2008 at 1:26 am

gotta give this one credit, she stayed out of the spotlight all this time. let’s see what her sister does.

If you don’t like the story, why read it, and then comment on it? That just goes to show how immature people are. They have nothing better to do than to criticize people because they are jealous.

I’m personally not a fan of either one. However, I think young love is beautiful. With that, I wish them all the best and many happy years together! :D

Poor guy’s got Papa Joe as a father in law. I’ll pray for him.

NO! I can’t stand her! He needs to marry me!

remember da truth @ 05/18/2008 at 5:20 am

Funny how Nicole Ritchie and Joel Madden were there — wonder if Paris, desperate to be part of the rock star girlfriend group was there with the other Madden she grabbed onto for attention.

I hope not. I hope Ashlee only invited the NICE Madden couple! LOL!

Glad for Ashlee and Pete. They’ve been handling their romance very well without letting anyone take over their lives — not Papa Joe or the paparazzi or bloggers too boring and small-minded to know to skip posting on someone you don’t like.

ahleeeeeeee & pete fan @ 05/18/2008 at 7:16 am