Katie Holmes Joins 'All My Sons'

Katie Holmes Joins 'All My Sons'

Katie Holmes has finally been confirmed to make her Broadway debut in Arthur Miller‘s play, All My Sons.

As rumored back in March, the 29-year-old actress will play Ann Deever, a woman who visits the family of her former lover, a missing pilot.

Katie is very well suited for the role of Ann,” producer Eric Falkenstein told OK! “There is an additional layer of soul to Ann and from the work I’ve seen of Katie, she has always impressed with multi-faceted characters. She would nail it.”

Broadway veterans John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest and Patrick Wilson have also signed onto the play.

ABC

I wish her well, but she I feel has been miscast. Doesn’t have the depth or acting range to play the part. Plus she is acting with several really great actors which will make her acting seem even worse.

She looks like Cleopatra lol

So Crazy Cruise bought his Robobride a part in a real play?

What kind of experience does she have, besides being mediocre in Dawson’s Creek and in some movies that tanked?

she is beautiful but needs to put on a few pounds. she looked much better the size she was her Dawson’s Creek years.

Her marriage to Tom has changed her and not in good way. She is like a robot now, no independence or opinion, it’s sad and disturbing.

I wish her the best in doing this play. I hope she enjoys the experience.

WTG KATIE!!!!!

The blessings keep raining on Katie and it always backfires on the envious haters.

Congrats to Holmes
and great luck to her.
Lucky for those that can see her.

holly wood @ 05/19/2008 at 8:50 pm

I’m sure Tom is funding the production, hence wifey getting a role. Blech.

She’s an amazing actress, not only beautiful but so much promise.

Wow she did tv,the movies and now broadway which has always

been her dream since she was little.

I agree with #1. She has never demonstrated any great acting skill. She is way out of her league with an otherwise excellent cast.

Jennifer Garner and Claire Danes recently made their Broadway debuts to good reviews but I cant see the same for Katie.

So happy for Katie and thanks for the news Jared……

She is gorgeous people just hate on her because they listen to all of the gossip about her lol

Bashing others are not hurting this celebs but only yourselves.
My congratulations to her.

Happy Happy Joy JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 05/19/2008 at 9:06 pm

is she gold???

Gonna BOMB big time, no range, no voice, no presence.

Meant for TV, not Broadway.

republican @ 05/19/2008 at 9:08 pm

She deserves it because she is all around and a gifted actress…add beautiful with a great personality. So kind,classy and graceful.

Bravo,Katie and hopefully this boost the going downhill attendance for the Broadway plays and musicals.

Good news for the U.S. business and economy is good news.

The dumbing down of Broadway. I’ll pass.

TC bought his GF the theatre.

Good news for netflix !

that’s pretty cool, good for you katie, nice to see crazy tom will let her out! thinks she will go to Cuddle Parties in NYC..?? DFT News reports all about it LOL: http://digitalfuntown.squarespace.com/dft-blog/2008/5/16/dft-news-episode-4.html

Good for her

Im one happy fan and that is one cute pic of Katie.

My congratulations to Katie Holmes. I love the cast especially Diane Wiest and the gorgoeus Patrick Wilson. Add Katie in this cast and its a must see. Thanks JJ for this scoop.

She should do a musical next.

She’s a good dancer especially tap dancing and talented vocalist.

Its smart she is going for the versatile challenging roles. Not everyone can have a successful movie career after tv plus she’s Mrs.Cruise so that’s more challenge for her.
She rocks in Mad Money too; so happy I got the dvd and she really has comic chops. I will miss her in Batman but if her role is just to be killed then forget it.

Im really really happy about this broadway opportunity for Katie.

The good news: a theatre experience is ubercool.
Bad news for me: I will not be able to watch her perform.

Ugh, that is a terrible picture. What has happened to her?

I love her style. Did you see her hot pics? I did. It’s on ‘___ri–ch k–iss . c-o–m___’. She put them on her nice pr ofile there. Is she looking for date, friends there?

I knew she’d get the part. I think her acting will be fine but I’m afraid she won’t have chemistry with Wilson. Dunno why. Maybe if Chris Evans was a little older..

Ugh, that is a terrible picture. What has happened to her?
————————————————————-
lmfao!!!

This will be a nice challenge for. A real growing experience!

big deal

fcukin idiot woman

Im ecstatic and amidst the many good news for Katie this is my among my favorite and I know more is to come for her and Tom.

Patrick Wilson s divine! That man is hot. Katie who?

Eww… She’s so ****** UGLY!!!!

My condolences to Arthur Miller.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 05/19/2008 at 9:06 pm is she gold???

yes midgetdwarf painted her gold :D:

she’s a talentless bimbo, poor broadway, aren’t those other actors embarrassed to “perform” with her. can’t she just stay in LA and get inseminated?
every time they come to NY it’s a disaster, well, here we go again.

She’s an egomaniac just like her BF TC. They are both nuts.
Even Brittany could be saved by her parents, there’s no hope for KH.
She should stay in LA and have in vitro.

some don't get it! @ 05/20/2008 at 11:45 am

Where was KH living before she and Tom signed their contract? New York. Why is she moving back to NY? Because the contract with Tom is over. Tom is ready to have her out of his life because she has about ruined his personal and professional life. (Hey Tom, you dumba*s, what took you so long? )

Meanwhile, Tom got a favor and they gave her this teensy role in the play to get her out of LA. In a short while, his PR camp will announce the split!

I hope that the other cast members can opt out of their contract now. What a slap in the face to have this bimbo in the play….especially because the part was BOUGHT

(continued)

This part for her was bought. Who in their right mind would believe that she auditioned and got the part? I hope Lithgow and the other REAL ACTORS can get out of the play. This talentless gdigger needs to get a job that she’s qualified for like blowing up balloons in a toy store!

Me-
I don’t think she is totally talentless, but this part is totally wrong for her. She also does not project her voice well, so it will be interesting to see how they deal with her affected sweet non-projecting tones. I don’t think she can bring enough depth to the role. And I do think Lithogow, Weist, and Wilson with their super talented selves will bring her glaringly small talents into a big spot light. Like Jennifer Aniston, she should stick to what suits her talents best.

Funny, lol. She would make a great air compressor because she always has the same blank look on her face and her head appears to be full of air–no brains in that ‘noggin.

I think she is still trying to show how desperately foolish she is becuase next an osacr winner and a tony winner she is goign to drown and he crucifies, I guess teh scientilogists will be there with their confidence boosting psycho babble to help her through the nighmare…even cruise hasnt been bale to intimidate folks not pay for an oscar yet , so if she is expecting a tony she willhave to get in line behind the midget..a not so unpleasant experience since she can see over his head anyway..ahahhah

I dont think a split will be annouced, she is soooo stupid that she makes the perfect beard for a controlling piece of sh–it ,,,what wil happen though is that tommy boy will enjoy a few months taking up the behind with lover boy miscaviage…

I wonder if she is in some sort of competition with Brangelina. Notice she announced this during their Cannes sweep? She probably should have waited until after Brangelina left Cannes–more publicity for TomKat. She is way over shadowed by Angie and Brad.

Mia, you are killing me with your last comment….up the kazoo, huh?

lmao

Angie and Brad are real people with a real family and do real work for those that have less. they are also teaching their children to do the same.

tiny tommy and his roboho are fake and well, no one cares what they do. actually all they ever do is shop. kh shops for over priced carp and the gmd shops for a new image.

I happen to think you are right, Mia. Tom’s ready to ship her off and enjoy a little playtime. She got the part because someone involved in the production is a scientologist and they’re actually setting the robot up to believe she passed the audition. That way she’ll go willingly and won’t be suspicious. Tom figures getting her two lines in a play will keep her occupied 90% of the time and he can do what he wants.

She’s in a competition with Brangelina, #52? This is because this announcement is made while two unrelated people are in an unrelated place are doing unrelated things? Critics are so stupid…

You also think she didn’t legitimately get the part for no reason whatsoever and are under the belief that Ann Deever is a small role.

you know who’s going to regret this?
John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest and Patrick Wilson.
Just look back and think about diane Keaton and Queen Latifah.
what a “debut”–LOL.

pr person @ 05/20/2008 at 4:18 pm

Holy Xenu! Saw the talent that she is going to be acting with…. Girl is WAY out of her league. I mean Oscar, Emmy’s, Tony’s, Golden Globes…. Goes on and on and on.

The playbill lists all of their accomplishments and when they get to Katie, a few of her movies are listed, Dawson’s Creek and then this “Holmes is married to film actor Tom Cruise”. Huh? I guess they had to fill with something…. as her ‘accomplishments’ are few. But this didn’t need to be placed on the playbill and she should be ticked off. If she really did ‘earn’ the right to be up there, then she should demand that comment be taken off, as the other actors don’t have their signifigant others listed. And seriously, who cares if you are married to Tom Cruise, can you act and do a good job in the play?

libraesque @ 05/20/2008 at 4:45 pm

OMG!
WTF is up with the ad for tc’s new site on Just Jared? HA! these two are so far beyond pathetic……..dedicating a website…to yourself??? And now this? They bought this role just like they bought the entrance to the marathon

American–
I just find it highly suspect/coincidental that this is announced during the Cannes film festival when the spotlight is obviously on Brad and Angie. Katie’s foray into the world of theater has been on the blogs now for several months and now suddenly there is an announcement?

And I have read the play and know what the role calls for–it isn’t Katie Holmes. She doesn’t have the skill or the acting range. If I were Lithgow, Weist and Patrick I’d be furious and insulted to be have this neophyte on stage with me. Must have been one hell of an audition since there are many NYC actresses who are far better qualified for the part in terms of talent, skill and experience.

And…let me be the first one to say this.
You’re going to see the hardest working toddler in the whole country–Suri Cruise–working to promote her female user, aka, “mother”‘s hopeless “debut”–LOL.

She’s really hard working. Suri had to be carried out to promote his father’s pathetic Oprah fake interview, carried out to Conner’s set to cover up her male user, aka, “father”‘s mini dates with Will Smith, she also had to be seen wearing tap shoes to give the public a heads up about her mother’s “debut”–LOL.

This is a model toddler. She works so hard for the “family”.

CONGRATS
KATIE

That was a return and not a debut, #57. And Holmes didn’t write or direct the script for Mad Money

I find absolutely nothing suspicious about the confirmation being made while two completely unrelated people are promoting a completely unrelated thing in acompletely unrelated place.

It was also announced that John Cusack was starring in his first big budget disaster flick yesterday. Is he trying to cpmete with Brad Pitt now?

Your theory amkes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Did you want them to wait for the confirmation til the next day when something bigger and actually related could happen?

I don’t get it, Aquarius.

Why is it that rehardless of what they’re doing or where they are, whenever Suri Cruise is photographed it’s a PR stunt. ALWAYS a PR and I mean always.

Just because she’s brought outside she’s being pimped for PR? That makes no sense.

Cult lover #66
You’re the one I don’t get.
You’re either deeply in denial or you’re just very late to the internet or you never connect the dots.
Or you’re the one that never understand the obvious.
It’s very tiring to argue or itemize everything in crayon for thick skulls like you.

Just look back to January this year when MM was out. How miserable Suri looked in the dark cold night and how she started turning away from the flash lights.
And how they returned to LA without anybody taking their departure pix.

Which tells me that they know how not to be seen all along.
So just shut your stupid mouth up and READ.
Try to develop some critical mind, stop being so gullible.

eddie jones @ 05/20/2008 at 9:30 pm

hello ******, ****** hello? haha, she belongs in an asylum

Why the bigots and haters tell their people to write in these threads now? They must be desperate. I bet they are as confused as they are desperate. They are clueless as usual.
Congratulations to Katei!!!

Detesting a cult and what it stands for hardly makes you a bigot.

Hating anybody for their believes is bigotry.

Congratulats to Katie!!!

to masha #70 @ 05/20/2008 at 11:13 pm

Hey idiot! The desperate is the 1-2 Katie’s fan which comments 30 times on this thread under different fake names. He’s so desperate, pathetic that he does just inspires nothing else but pity or disgust. Most everybody which read can see easily that all the cretinistic “congratulations”, all one liners sounding like a mental ****** or a old granny, are from one same desperate guy, the last remaining Katie Holmes fan. What are you trying to do ? Katie is a social pariah and she can’t find any job in Hollywood anymore. That’s why Tom bought her a secondary role in Broadway. She is trying to save face because she can’t have nothing else while other actresses of her age work one film after the other. Katie Holmes was even bumped from the batman movies.

A “fan” of Katie Holmes can just be a loser, a social reject, unemployed, with no life, no future. What other kind of person could be a fan of a social pariah, a laughing stock .

“Hating anybody for their believes is bigotry.”

Then the Cutl of Scientology and their members are bigots. They hate and harass anyone who doesn’t approve of their money hungry cult.

“Why does the Cult of Scientology tell their people to write in these threads now? They must be desperate since Cruise’s brainwashed family and the rehearsed Oprah interview haven’t improved the image of their top (maybe not for long) poster boy Tom Cruise. I bet they are as confused as they are desperate. They are clueless as usual.”

Very well said!

I wonder who Tom had to blow, errrr um, pay off to get “Kate” this gig.

It’s who you know that gets you there.

It’s what you can do that will keep you there!

Time will tell what she is made of.

American, you are right. You don’t like KH or TC. You just worship them.

@American

Obviously you don’t know anything about theater. In Theater, even the very person who lifts up/sown of the curtain is important. I know that Katie Holmes in an un-important person, but the role of Ann Deever is.

lucky for those that get to watch her. JJ thanks for this thread.

“By the way, please change your name. Because I believe you don’t represent the majority of your fellow citizen!”

He should call himself by his (or her) true name, “Scientologist”. In spite of what they may think they are NOT representatives of the American people. They are a CULT.

Dying to see the venues and schedules for Katie.

American is Yorick Brown on IMDb messages boards – and the brainless one liner sounding like a ederly is the filipino woman who lives for Katie Holmes and has 600 fake names on IMDb.

Who the hell is Yorick Brown? I’m not even a member of IMDb

Why does she look like she’s from India, and why does she have red/purple paint all around her eyes? She looks like a clown from India. They shouldn’t use shoe polish when they do her make-up.

I might be able to see this play. Hope the rumor of them throwing a bash on their new home is true.

Gorgeous! So classy.