David Cook Album Set For Fall 2008 Release

David Cook Album Set For Fall 2008 Release

Season seven American Idol champion David Cook has been signed to Simon Fuller‘s 19 Recordings / RCA Records and is preparing to start recording his debut album, which is due for release in fall 2008.

David Cook is an extraordinarily versatile and talented artist with an impressive sense of musicality,” says Tom Corson, Executive Vice President and General Manager, RCA Music Group. “He is a natural performer and a true star. We are thrilled to welcome him into our family.”

Cook, 25, will be recording his album over the summer while on the road with the American Idol’s Live tour. The tour kicks off on July 1st in Glendale, AZ and wraps on September 13th in Tulsa, OK.

“I am extremely happy to be signed by 19 Recordings / RCA Records. Signing this deal is truly a dream come true. I am looking forward to the recording process and creating a record. The support I have received from America has been overwhelming and I can’t wait to hopefully do right by them,” says Cook.

Cook is also set to set a record “for debut entries on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot Digital Songs tomorrow as 11 titles enter the former, while 14 songs jump on the download tally. The onslaught is led by a No. 3 Hot 100 start for his original recording ‘The Time of My Life,’ which shifts 236,000 downloads to easily take the No. 1 spot on Hot Digital Songs.”

14!!! Hot diggity dog!!!

• Leah Remini is able to drink now after leaving Scientology- US Weekly
  • Honey Boo Boo competes in a food eating contest - TMZ
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate Rosie O'Donnell- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to an Irish version of Lorde's hit song 'Royals' - Just Jared Jr
  • True Blood alum Lucy Griffiths exits NBC show Constantine- Entertainment Weekly
  • See how Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's future baby might look like- Huffington Post
  • How many copies did Robin Thicke's new album Paula sell in Australia?- Lainey Gossip
  • Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart for deadly car crash- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Aubrey O’Day shows off major cleavage for a performance - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
i love pink @ 05/28/2008 at 5:33 pm

Cool.

How long will it be before he has a much needed extreme make over?

Yeah for David Cook!!!

I wish him the best.

sweet dreams are made of these @ 05/28/2008 at 5:43 pm

Great voice. Good for him, but I do agree that he could do with a bit of a make over.

music fan @ 05/28/2008 at 6:03 pm

Looking forward to it. He already won and Independent music award while in Tulsa. . That voice is sooo soothing and sexy. Congrats.

I’m looking forward to it!! I bet it’s gonna be amazing!!!

LOVE HIM…people are just pissed because David A. did not win so quit hating…

Suzie- i somewhat agree with you… but i still can’t wait for his album!!!

Please he already has come to his makeover. Did you guys see the auditon and what he looked like? Throughout the competition? The transformation is complete.

I can’t wait to see him on the Today show tomorrow.

I’m so impressed with this guy and his poise and informative interviews. He’s not boring.

prepareyourself @ 05/28/2008 at 6:31 pm

He obviously is being the puppet 19 expects him to be or he’d never be successful.
There are hundreds and hundreds out there who have better voices than David Cook.
It isn’t about the talent. It is about if he is submissive. There is no pride in that.
He isnt’ the first to bow down and won’t be the last.

The best since Kelly Clarkson.

RCA will give him free reign to do what he wants creatively.

Daughtry has done ok with them.

Yeahhhh, I love him, he deserves all the sucess, he is so amazing, hottttttt, funny, charismatic, his talent is fantastic, his voice is incredible, I can’t wait for the new songsss, I missss him.

david who?

Stephanie L @ 05/28/2008 at 7:26 pm

“Not caring anymore. Too much pimping of ur personal life dude. What a dumbass thing to do. He had the world at his feet and he lost half his fans by revealing his extremely bad taste in women. I guess u can take the boy out of the trailer park but you can’t take the trailer park out of the boy.”

Um. Dude. The ONLY thing he can really be accused of is perhaps being a bit naive. But come, he’s COMPLETELY new to all this! HE hasn’t been pimping his personal life anyway, it’s just he made the naive move of asking Kimberly out on air (because he’s just the kind of nice person who would do that since she’s been saying nice things about him all season). Then the MEDIA took off running with it! Yeah, is it something he’s going to need to learn that now that he’s in the public eye things like that probably aren’t the smartest? Sure. But honestly, give the poor guy a break! He’s a nice, laid-back kind of guy who isn’t used to this whole superstardom thing yet! He’ll get the hang of it :) Besides, he’s had ONE DATE with Kim. ONE. It’s prooobably not going to be going anywhere serious any time soon.

ANYWAY

WOOTA WOOTA FOR DAVID!!! :D He deserves ALL the success that is sure to come his way <3

(oh and in terms of the makeover thing: have you guys actually SEEN the man?? Like, other than this one paparazzi picture?? He is GORGEOUS. Like… has-millions-of-women-who-would-get-with-him-in-a-second-flat gorgeous. yup.)

he has already had quite a makeover.
i think he looks fine how he does.
he doesnt have to look like everyone else.
i cant wait for his new cd :]

Anyway, in HS he almost got his a** beat for saying that so he didn’t say it anymore after that. But, he was still a tool.

Stephanie L @ 05/28/2008 at 8:01 pm

“I went to school with David at Blue Springs South HS. He is a total TOOL! Very arogant and condescending to anyone who wasn’t in his click. His mom worked for the local electric company and he would always tell some of the kids that he didn’t like that he would get his mom to shiut off their electricity if he told her to. (In middle school)

Anyway, in HS he almost got his a** beat for saying that so he didn’t say it anymore after that. But, he was still a tool”

Somehow I doubt all of that :) Dunno.. just a gut feeling I have that none of it is true ;)

He’s really gross looking. Like he should be on a commercial for the mentally challenged or something. Sorry, but he AINT HOT!

I did read on a couple of people from Blue Springs myspaces, that knew or know David Cook say he was a total jerk. So I kinda do believe that story. They said he was a real A-Hole to some people.

To be a real rock star, you can’t be “pretty”. Stop making reveryone like Zac Efron or Jon Bon Jovi

Also HS is a ways off from being 25. They don’t count. Do you know who much you change? Also his brother being sick again probably affected him. Winning the competition hass changed him some I’m sure. On the show I recall Simon saying he was arrogant and smug but it works for him. He’s been a complete gentleman and he gives great interviews.

Suzie…um WTF? Seriously? If any “fans” are that fickle then screw them.

METOO you are just a jealous liar.

Congrats DC! He’s going to be huge. Amazing artist.

I don’t think you can judge someone by how they acted seven years ago. People change. I think he seems very genuine and down to earth and if he isn’t really that way then he is doing a great job fooling a whole lot of people.

sux board @ 05/28/2008 at 8:26 pm

METOO @ 05/28/2008 at 7:56 pm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That was freaking middle school & High School! He was a kid!

What’s up with Kim Caldwell? someone needs to let David know that she has a new American Idol crush every year including her year. She crushed on this guy named JD Adams. When the show and tour was over he was over for her.

I hope they just had a dinner because he wanted to keep his promise and that’s all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All