Brad & Maddox: Go, Go, Grand Prix!

Brad & Maddox: Go, Go, Grand Prix!

PITT GRAND PRIX

Brad Pitt and son Maddox, 6, both put on earplugs for hearing protection at the starting grid before the MotoGP Italian motorcycling Grand Prix on the Mugello circuit in Italy on Sunday.

It was the third consecutive victory for Valetino Rossi, who also won in France and China. It was Rossi‘s seventh straight win in a row.

Other pictures include Angelina Jolie looking like perfection in the July 2008 issue of Vanity Fair.

15+ pictures inside of Braddox at the Grand Prix…

brad pitt maddox grand prix 01

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 116 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Show All
Here's The Deal @ 06/02/2008 at 10:28 am

Like most others, I don’t see why the interviewer had to bring X’s name up repeatedly. The interview had nothing to do with her, and Angelina and Brad have nothing to do with her. When are people going to stop associating her name with Angelina’s/Brad’s?

Other than that, I guess it was OK. Not my favorite interview, but we did get some nice quotes from Angie and the pictures look good, IMO, so I’ll get myself a copy.

# 513 raye @ 06/02/2008 at 8:37 am

In fact Brad movie career was going no where during his marriage to X. Now he is working with great directors and people are excited to see his movies

# 522 Heidi @ 06/02/2008 at 9:38 am
The UN has soldiers. The US has soldiers. IMHO they are heros. As Angelina spoke to Maddox about her being pregnant and about her mother’s death, I am certain she has spoken to him as carefully about gun and war. The good and bad that comes from them. Angelina said Brad(not Maddox) gave her the gift probably associated with filming Wanted.

528,it will always happen,so it doesnot bother me,thisn friday am taking my niece to see kungfu panda

congrats to brad for being part of design project,he is really doing what he loves,guys so brad and maddox flew to italy,they are having fun

Good morning all.

I will take my time to read the article but I’m kind of annoyed that they brought X’s name into it. Is this true? What was the purpose of this?
anyway I’, lobbying for Jared to get the ultimate interview the next press go around when Changeling will premiere. If not Jared how about those 12 year olds who intervied her on the red carpet?

frenchy,that will be cool

Good morning, BAMPZS(+2) fans!

Wow, that is such an honor for Brad to be recognized as a consultant in a project design for something that is not his career, but his passion. It means he is not just an architectural dilettante, as some have accused him, but actually is a knowledgeable source. I just love love love Angelina’s effect on him, and him on her. They really complement each other.

Can’t wait for Kung Fu Panda, and Wanted this June!

hi felinlilly,hope you are having a nice day

# 486 bdj @ 06/02/2008 at 7:44 am
Even Hollywood can’t distract Rossi from his seventh heaven

Almost 100,000 Italians turned up at Mugello

Wow 100,000 people went to a sporting event. I am ashame to say I knew nothing of this sport. Is there such a league in the US?

Thanks bdj.

brieseis,me too,so excited

The interview wAS ok but the crap the writer added was Sh!t

Hi FALP, its good to see you around.

Just wanted to respond to your earlier post. I think what you are saying is that Brad left because he was sure she was not going to change. I think he left X because he no longer trusted and respected her.

Who knows. I can see why Brad would leave x because he couldn’t see her changing.

But the reason why I think it could also be about trust and respect is that I’ve seen love grow out of relationships built on trust and respect.

Most of my uncles and aunts of my parents vintage, had arranged marriages of one form or another. Even if the couple “dated” it wasn’t for long. My uncles and aunts went into their marriages with a lot of faith.

On the part of the women, – faith that the man was going to be a good father, a good bread winner and some one who wasn’t gonna dishonour the wife and children by having blatant affairs (if the men occasionally visited a prostitute or something, I’m sure my aunts didn’t want to know about it) and some one who will support them financially and be there in sickness and in health, in good times and bad.

On the part of the men, faith that their wives would be good mothers, good housewives and home managers, who would not dishonour them by having an affair and whom they could count on to be there by their side in sickness and in health, through good or bad times.

From what I’ve observed, if the husband and wife can keep their sides of the bargain, the marriage can actually function – many of them happily. It becomes a dysfunctional marriage only when one side fails to live up to his/her side of the agreement and the other party’s trust and respect evaporates over time.

I think many of these arrange marriages work because, underlying these arrange marriages is the expectation that provided the bargain is kept, each party is then responsible for their own happiness. A wife will not whine because the husband forgets her birthday or has no interest in her passions. And vice versa. There’s perhaps less of a power struggle to begin with.

I know the picture I paint sounds very unexciting and unromantic and certainly you cant see your soulmate stuff here. And yet, and yet, I’ve seen LOVE grow out of trust and respect over the years. Love which grows out of taking personal responsibility for your own happiness and trust and respect for your partner, that really does happen.

538,you are right the writer added tabloid shi* to make it sensational,but overall it was ok, i will get it

Well I enjoyed the article because I focus my attention on Angie quote not on the writer salt and pepper.

On being pregnant

“I love it,” the actress says of being pregnant. “It makes me feel like a woman.”

“I love it,” she told me, smiled, laughed, then said, “It makes me feel like a woman. It makes me feel that all the things about my body”—she raised her hands as she said this, her fingers as long as those of a point guard, and made the squeezing motion commonly used to suggest fruit that is particularly ripe—“are suddenly there for a reason. It makes you feel round and supple, and to have a little life inside you is amazing.

“Also,” she continued, dropping her voice, leaning in, “I’m fortunate. I think some women have a different experience depending on their partner. I think that affects it. I happen to be with somebody who finds pregnancy very sexy. So that makes me feel very sexy.”

I asked Jolie what kind of help she employs.

“We don’t ever have anybody spend the night,” she said. “We may have to adjust that when the next one comes. But we do have ladies that work with us, and they’re also from different cultures and backgrounds. One lady’s a Vietnamese teacher—wonderful. One is of Congolese descent from Belgium. Another is from the States and is really creative and does art programs.”

On marriage

. “People have made a lot out of it that we’re not,” she said, “but we both have been married before, and it’s very easy to get married, but it’s not easy to build a family and be parents together. And maybe we’ve done it backwards, but we certainly feel married.”

On how pregnant she is

“I don’t want to say,” she said, smiling sadly. “A few months. I only know, if I do say, people will start stressing on our due date.”

Why she made Wanted

“Because I had just done A Mighty Heart and was scheduled to do Changeling, which is about the kidnapping of a child. And I had lost my mom. And I knew I was in this odd, fuzzy state going from one loss and kidnapping to another loss and kidnapping. Then Wanted came along. It’s about being physical and jumping and running and being violent, and instinctively I knew I needed to do that.”

On Brad

“After my last divorce, I said I was absolutely going to marry somebody in another field, an aid worker or something. Then I met Brad, everything I wasn’t looking for, but the best man, the best father I could possibly wish for, you know? I don’t see him as an actor. I see him very much as a dad, as somebody who loves travel and architecture more than being in movies.”

On Brad passion

“He just has an eye for it,” she said. “You hear people talk about design or buildings, and assume, especially when somebody has another career, ‘Oh, that’s a hobby.’ Like somebody coming into money appreciating Picasso. But I have seen him design, with his partners, everything from hotels to studios. Or in New Orleans, with other architects, re-doing a shotgun house with green architecture, bringing light in, angles of the sun in summer and winter, how that would affect the rooms. He’s taught me so much about the homes we live in.”

On paparazzi or tabloid

“It’s our media,” she said. “People always slow down for a train wreck. It’s like junk food. If you don’t feel good about yourself, you want to read crap about other people, like gossip in high school. You don’t understand why it’s there, but somehow it makes a lot of people feel better.

“In my father’s generation, the product was 80 percent of what you were putting into the world, and your personal life was 20 percent. It now seems that 80 percent of the product I put out is silly, made-up stories and what I’m wearing.”

On Parenting

“is how my mom raised me, which is to figure out who I was and try to enhance my individual personality and not get in the way of it.

“But I can really discipline the kids when I need to.”

On Kids

I asked if there is a special bond between a mother and a child she has carried as opposed to a child she has adopted. She said, “No,” thought a moment, then added, “I had a C-section and I found it fascinating. I didn’t find it a sacrifice and I didn’t find it a painful experience. I found it a fascinating miracle of what a body can do.”

Jolie has children from three continents—I asked if this was intentional.

“Yeah, absolutely intentional,” she said. “When I was growing up I wanted to adopt, because I was aware there were kids that didn’t have parents. It’s not a humanitarian thing, because I don’t see it as a sacrifice. It’s a gift. We’re all lucky to have each other.

“I look at Shiloh—because, obviously, physically, she is the one that looks like Brad and I when we were little—and say, ‘If these were our brothers and sisters, how much would we have known by the time we were six that it took into our 30s and 40s to figure out?’ I suppose I’m giving them the childhood I always wished I had.”

On adoption of Maddox

“A nurse came with Maddox and left 10 minutes after handing him over,” she said. “I stared at this little guy. I didn’t know what to do. I called my mom. I remember saying, ‘Do kids have 2 or 10 bottles a day? I’m at a loss.’ I had never babysat, let alone … ”

About Shiloh

“We were in this little hospital in Africa when Shi was born,” she said. “I don’t think there was anybody else in the hospital. It was just a little cottage, the three of us. It ended up being the greatest thing. We had wonderful doctors and nurses. It was lovely, very personal, all three in this sweet room. We had an American doctor with us, who had met the Namibian doctors, and they worked in tandem because it was a C-section and my first and we didn’t know the country. He spent a few weeks with us. There was only one pediatrician in town, and one anesthesiologist, who had to come in for that—you have to plan it.”

“Where does the name Shiloh come from?,” I asked.

“It’s a biblical name,” she told me, “but we didn’t name her for that. It was a name my parents almost named their first child—there was a miscarriage: Shiloh Baptist. Because my father had been shooting in Georgia and that was the most southern name [my parents] could come up with. It’s a name I always liked. I used to go under it in hotels: Shiloh Baptist. I’d gone under it when [Brad] called hotel rooms where I was staying.”

She spoke about religion—her mother’s religion, how she planned to raise her own kids. “[My mother] was Catholic but also a child of the 60s,” said Jolie. “She stopped going to confession at one point because she was having sex before marriage. To me, she represented what religion should be. She never preached. If things didn’t make sense to her, she never just accepted it. I had Communion, but she never forced me to go to church.

“Brad got me this great thing for Christmas. It’s a bookshelf that has a book on every religion. That’s how we plan to raise our kids. Teach them about all religions. They can pick one or be a student of all of them. We’ll celebrate Kwanzaa for our girl. We’ll celebrate moon and water festivals for our boys. We’ll take them to temples in certain countries. Also to church.”

On her late mother

As we spoke, the conversation kept cycling back to her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who neglected her own acting career—she had studied at Strasberg—to raise her children, James and Angelina. She died in January 2007, of ovarian and breast cancer. She was 56 and had been sick for eight years. “And in those years,” said Jolie, “she met all my children, helped me be a mom, helped me grow into a better woman, and taught me about dying.”

Angelina’s mother, who, in the absence of Angelina’s father, became her compass and lodestar, was the unacknowledged presence at the table. The more Jolie spoke, the more certain this presence became. “When [my mother] passed, I realized that somebody who lives life with that kind of dedication to their family is the most noble,” she said. “I was aware of it growing up. I admired her. And I loved her. But in her passing she reminded me what matters. And what’s most fun—to put yourself aside for these other little people you’re raising.”

Jolie could not talk long about her mother without filling up and spilling over, without her voice creaking, without tears, real tears, flowing down her cheeks. “Mad always knew my mom was sick,” said Jolie. “So when it happened, I sat him down and I told him how some people believe there’s a heaven where everybody goes and is together again. And they believe it’s very white and beautiful. And some believe—he’d just seen Casper—there are ghosts who are people and they are always around. And some believe it’s a long peaceful sleep. When I told him, and I was crying, ‘Grand-mère died today, we won’t be able to see her anymore, but she’ll always be around,’ he said, ‘Like she’s here now? Like she’s in that chair?’ And I said, ‘Well, I suppose she could be.’ And he accepted it. It’s funny. It’s like we teach kids the things that we want to believe. Then we see that they have such beautiful faith and it helps them go to bed and we’re in the other room not sleeping well.”

Jolie was crying when she said this.

“I had to be responsible for getting the morgue to pick her body up,” said Jolie. “She was in Cedars [Sinai, in Los Angeles]. All I had to do is remind myself that she’s my best girlfriend and she’s not in any more pain. I’m so happy for her. As much as I miss her, I’m a good enough friend not to have wanted her to stay in pain any longer.”

Jolie stood up. “I have to use the bathroom,” she said. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant—you don’t need excuses to pee, or to eat.”

On her father

When I asked Jolie about her father, she said, “We’ve decided not to be public about our relationship.”

Then: “I will say we have spoken … and hadn’t spoken for six and a half years. Which is good. Or it needed to happen.”

Then: “We don’t really have a relationship, but we’re in contact. And wish each other well.”

Then: “I think we’ve realized there’s been too much discussion. Him discussing me publicly. I’ve had to comment on him. I think it’s best that, if we try to have any relationship in the future, we do it quietly.”

On Kids

I’m giving them the childhood I always wished I had.

“Artists raise their kids differently,” she said. “We communicate to the point where we probably annoy our children. We have art around the house, we have books, we go to plays, we talk. Our focus is art and painting and dress-up and singing. It’s what we love. So I think you can see how artists in some way raise other artists.”

On refuges

“I traveled to Cambodia for the first Tomb Raider,” she told me. “I got to this country and expected broken, angry people, and found smiling, kind, warm people. We were doing one shot, and they said, ‘Don’t move to the side, because there are mines over there.’ I’d go to the market and see the land-mine victims. That was one step in realizing there was so much of the world I was blind to.”

On Brad

“This was actually one of the things that brought us together,” she told me. “Though he wasn’t as publicly active, I found him to be very aware of the world, very curious, very compassionate. In his private way, he had been doing a lot. When we met, we realized our common goals were that we both wanted to be involved in the world and see what we could do. We have similar interests but different approaches. He’s more involved in rebuilding New Orleans, environmental issues, green sustainability. I am more refugees. But when it comes to common goals—orphans, orphans’ rights, children—we support each other. It brings us together and makes our relationship work.”

On gossip or tabloid

“I would never do that,” she said, “because I have good friends I would be reading about and I don’t want it even in my head … a negative fairy tale about somebody I like. I don’t want it in my thoughts. I owe it to them not to pay attention. I know it’s not true. Over 95 percent of what’s said about us is entirely untrue.”

bampzs+2,thanks for posting it ,i read it twice, love everything she said about brad,this woman is amazing

If Brad and Angie will have a boy, I think they would name him, Bruce Pilaf, Brad’s alias. lol.

NEW THREAD @ 06/02/2008 at 11:38 am

New Thread re: VF interview/photoshoot

~~NEW THREAD~~

laurenzon @ 06/03/2008 at 2:33 pm

haaaaa! look at brads left arm by elbow, sagging old man skin
lolololol

laurenzon @ 06/03/2008 at 2:33 pm

wahhhh look at your face it’s melting you UGLY HAG

please tell @ 06/05/2008 at 10:53 am

does anyone knows holly’s due date. we want her tobe happy and healthy as she prepares for her own baby’s birth

please tell @ 06/05/2008 at 10:53 am

justcurious @ 06/09/2008 at 12:42 pm

why does these Jolie-Pitt kids NEVER smile?

Pages: « 116 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Show All