Brad Pitt's Table for Two

Brad Pitt's Table for Two

Brad Pitt picks up a few pieces of contemporary “design art” furniture at the Design Miami/Basel fair held at the 1920s domed Markethalle in Basel, Switzerland on Tuesday.

The father-of-almost-six paid $293,000 for a hollow white marble rococo-style table by the Dutch designer Jeroen Verhoeven at the booth of the London-based Carpenters Workshop Gallery. The 4-foot-long “Cinderella Table,” from an edition of six, is hewn from a solid block of Carrara marble.

Mr. Pitt also ordered a rug made of aluminum thread from New York dealer Cristina Grajales, said director Elizabeth Murphy. The “Silver Sky” rug, created by Colombian designer Jorge Lizarazo and woven by the Colombian-based studio Hechizoo, will be priced at a rate of $175 per square foot.

Brad was also interested in a gold lacquer-coated Fiberglas sofa by Zaha Hadid, offered by London-based dealer Kenny Schachter at $300,000.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGELINA JOLIE! She turns 33 today.

brad pitt table 01
brad pitt table 02
brad pitt table 03

Instagram

2,661 Responses to “Brad Pitt's Table for Two”

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 10107 » Show All

1. 151
    huh Says:

Shrink @ 06/04/2008 at 6:09 pm
    ================
    Brad is still the best looking man on earth.

2. 152
    vickifromtexas Says:

dina#1, thank you for your support and prayers. you are so sweet. hugs to you. = )

3. 153
    OT Says:

Charlize Theron Says Marriage Is Not for Her

By Amy Green

Originally posted Wednesday June 04, 2008 03:05 PM EDT
    Charlize Theron Says Marriage Is Not for Her
    Despite having been with Irish-actor boyfriend Stuart Townsend for seven years, Charlize Theron feels no seven-year itch to wander – or to get married, either.

“I think if you are in a one- or two-year relationship, love is enough. You can thrive on that,” the Monster Oscar winner, 32, tells Glamour for its July issue.

But, adds Theron, “when you hit years three and four, you realize that if you’re going to live with somebody … you have to be nurtured emotionally and spiritually, and you have to be intrigued. Because if that intrigue runs out, you’re not going to want to go home anymore.”

As for why Townsend is the special one for her, Theron says, “He’s got beautiful feet and hands.”

Only what if he should feel a seven-year itch? “I’ve always said that I worry about being with a man who doesn’t flirt,” she says. “I love that Stuart can watch tennis and tell me that he’s got a crush on a tennis player. We’re not meant to just like one person. But [that] doesn’t mean you go and build a life with another person.”

Echoing her previous sentiments, Theron, who costars with Will Smith in the upcoming Hancock, notes she is not ready for marriage. “Even when I was a little girl I never dreamed of the white dress and all of that,” she says.

“I want to be clear: I am not judgmental about [the institution of] marriage. I am judgmental about how our government doesn’t want to see the reality of gay and lesbian marriages.”

4. 154
    LINDA Says:

When the world is not obsessed yet with Brad and Angelina. People don’t know what they buy or bought, either it’s for themselves or for other reasons. Now that they are the most watch peo[le in the world they scrutinized their every, their whereabouts, what they buy, where they go, I tell it is something else. And to top it all of they praise or critized what they.

Brad Pitt are buying these kinds of arts ever since he can afford it and nobody knows.

5. 155
    carolina Says:

hi alia- thank you for the pics and videos :)
    Happy birthday my dear,gorgeous,inspiring,perfect angie. We love you so much : )

thanks jared for the thread :)

6. 156
    carolina Says:

hi vickifromtexas. How is your dad today? I hope that he´s doing right :)
    How are you?

7. 157
    anustin Says:

vicky,hugz to papa!

8. 158
    ewww Says:

happy birthday angie!!!! =)

9. 159
    SOOPX Says:

#79 the real tita……I’ve been gone tita,i just gone home,yes i remenber in the VF articule Angie saying that,I only meant you can still be a good person and live a good life and still be close to God and not go to Church.

10. 160
    jess0 Says:

the real tita @ 06/04/2008 at 5:57 pm

So true! Art & high end design is a great investment.

As an aspiring architect I share Brads love of good design.

I’m green with envy!

When I read this kind of news I’m just as excited as you guys might be about new pictures of the family.

11. 161
    the real lou Says:

# 144 bdj @ 06/04/2008 at 6:08 pm JJB

Thanks for the link to the article about Doug and James’s Water Project. It was a very good read. It is good to see the family bonding and working together. It must put a blow into the whiny hens’ heart to know that the families are working together for good causes. Oh well, they are still in denial so it does not matter. However, it is a great cause and I am glad they are being sucessful with it.

********************************************
    Thank you for the article bdj.The “family bonding” speaks volumes doesn’t it?I cannot believe the trolls are ragging about how Brad spends HIS MONEY.Worry about your own money,that’s if you have any to worry about in the first place.

12. 162
    tabitha Says:

Jack Black: Angelina ‘Has a Ways to Go’
    Posted by ExtraTV Staff on June 4, 2008 2:40 PM

Getty Images
    Expectant mom Angelina Jolie is hanging out at her French chateau, as “Extra” gets the scoop on the controversy surrounding the alleged birth of her twins — from her “Kung Fu Panda” co-star Jack Black, who dishes it’s unlikely that Angie already gave birth.

“I think the babies would be pretty small, because my belly is bigger than hers,” said Black. “I think she’s got a ways to go.”

“Extra” was first to debunk the story of the twins’ birth, and the entertainment show that started the false rumor is not backing down — despite a warning from Jolie’s lawyers that someone is posing as a close confidante of the actress. Reportedly, the so-called source is engaging in “a torturous impersonation of Ms. Jolie’s longtime assistant, Holly,” says Angie’s lawyer.

When the twin tots do arrive — they will make their pictorial debut in return for some serious cash. It’s said the bidding war for the first pictures of the new members of the Jolie-Pitt brood is up to $22 million

13. 163
    irma Says:

vicki thanks for the email. the dog is an inspiration. nothing is impossible .

14. 164
    irma Says:

vicki thanks for the email. the dog is an inspiration. nothing is impossible .hugs to you & your dad.

15. 165
    bdj Says:

the real lou @ 06/04/2008 at 6:37 pm
    It was posted earlier on the thread by someone else. I do not want to start creditgate on Mama Angie’s/Papa Pitt “surprise “birthday gift thread. Ha! Ha!

16. 166
    From Lainey Says:

So Why Can’t She Sniff a Gay Midget Dwarf?

Katie Holmes is moving to New York. Naturally, the GMD and Little Sci will be joining her. As you know, KatE is headed for Broadway to star in the production of All My Sons. Producer Eric Falkenstein says she is perfect for the part and promises her performance will blow people away.

He also said she’s able to pick out the fraud in a crowd:

“She’s a natural sweetheart who can sniff out phonies … Katie basically has that exact moral fiber [of her character in the play].”

Ummm…really?

If that’s the case, why can’t she smell a gay? Why’d she up and marry a gay?

New York will be home to the TomKat this fall. Which means now Victoria Beckham will have to find a reason to move there too.

17. 167
    angel Says:

happy birthday angie

18. 168
    carolina Says:

hi irma :)

19. 169
    vickifromtexas Says:

# 156 carolina @ 06/04/2008 at 6:27 pm hi vickifromtexas. How is your dad today? I hope that he´s doing right
    How are you?

===============================================
    carolina, he is very confused and weak today. thank you for your concern. you are very sweet. hugs to you. i hope you are having a wonderful day. = )

20. 170
    the real tita Says:

#159: oh, I believe you, soopx. My aunt and uncle plus my male cousins don’t ever go to church yet they’re good people. My cousins’ wives and kids go every Sunday though. All the kids go to Catholic schools and my aunt and uncle pays for the whole lot and are very good at charitable works. I know many more people like them, as a matter of fact.

I just wanted to correct the notion by some trolls that Angie and Brad have no intention of going to church. There must be some sort of religious instructions that have sunk in since they were both raised by believers in religion.

21. 171
    vickifromtexas Says:

# 157 anustin @ 06/04/2008 at 6:28 pm vicky,hugz to papa!
    ===================================================
    thank you sweetie. hugs to you.

22. 172
    alia Says:

carolina @ 06/04/2008 at 6:25 pm

hi alia- thank you for the pics and videos :)
    ____________________________________________________________

hey carolina :)
    ur welcome

i LOVE that pic u posted too…so unbelievably gorgeous

23. 173
    SOOPX Says:

#162 tabitha Thanks! for the aticule.

24. 174
    Birmingham lass Says:

Goes to show that money can’t buy good taste.

25. 175