Gerard Butler To Star in Phantom Sequel?

Gerard Butler To Star in Phantom Sequel?

Gerard Butler struts his sexy self down Robertson Boulevard after having lunch at the Newsroom Cafe in Los Angeles on Thursday afternoon.

According to UK’s Daily Express, Gerard, 38, is to star in a stage version of the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera.

Andrew Lloyd Webber wants to bring Gerry to the London stage as the Phantom, a role he played in the 2004 film. He said, “I have got my own new show coming on next year, which is my sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, which I think is going to be called Phantom: Once Upon Another Time. But that will come on in November next year, if everything goes well.”

A source reveals,“Because it’s a sequel to a film which helped the career rise of Gerard, Lord Andrew believes he will do it. There could be another film down the line. There’s a massive audience out there who love the original, another is that he could run the casting for the West End show as a film, too.”

55+ pictures inside of Scottish stud Gerard Butler

• Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] Show All

covi @ 06/07/2008 at 5:39 pm Dearest SayWhat… do you live in Tibet? Your colourful description of what a true Yeti might look makes me think so. Oh you poor thing! It must be very painful to see nothing but hairy stomachs day after day (sob!) I really pity you… Whenever you see a REAL man like Gerry you must feel flabbergasted… poor lassie (more sob!). Don’t worry about my bedtime, just worry about your manliness concept.
I totally agree with Gillian – Gerry’s too handsome for this world

**************************************************************
Hey Virgin Beyotch, go get your cherry popped because you obviously have never seen a naked man.

At least not one over 15….

These are some HOT pictures. Look at those arms! DAAAMMMNNN!

I don’t know how I feel about Gerry doing the sequel to POTO. He was brilliant as Erik, but I would want to know what the story is for the sequel first. ALW is a genius though, I’m sure it will be great.

Ok, now…back to Gerry. drrrooooolll!!

What a perfect man!

EW #43, if put downs are the only thing you can come up with maybe you need to go back to the minor leagues, you obviously know nothing about the person in the photos or you wouldn’t make stupid comments about things you know nothing about, and you certainly wouldn’t comment on his hygene unless you have been close enough to him to know for a fact he needs all of those things, go home and leave intelligent comments to those who really care about this star!!!

macordovil @ 06/10/2008 at 11:37 pm

Gerry smells sooooo good!!!!!
I Iove him, he’s the Phantom of my life…
Ma

HE Cannot sing at all @ 06/13/2008 at 9:48 am

GB has completely failed as the Phantom – he cannot sing at all. His Music of the Night is just flat. This man can be handsome (there is no doubt he is), but not as the Phantom (for Gods sake). The Phantom has got a great spirit and is full of passion – and this is just what Gerard Butler completely lacks. I truly apologize to all his fans.

I loved Gerard as the Phantom. I would gave kicked Raoul to the curb and gone with him. There was nothing wrong with his singing, Music of the Night gives me the chills.

He cannot sing @ 06/16/2008 at 7:46 am

To laurie

Try not to look at this Phantom, when he is singing. Only listen to his Music of the Night. And then listen to the same song sung by Michael Crawford.
I am sure you will feel the difference. I did. Michael is breathtaking.

Obviously,he does a lot of exercises to keep up his good looking body!
He is adorable!

Gerard has an absolutely gorgeous voice and he’s out right hot and sexy! He’s enchanting and mesmerizes me. Too deep? Oops, sorry. There’s a sequel to Phantom of the Opera? I didn’t know that. LOL!

im exiicted i hope hes in it
i love him<3

Tall leggy lady @ 08/07/2008 at 3:42 pm

If Gerry chooses to do POTO sequel, I will have to see it. No matter what, I will remain LOYAL!

Sequel or not, I wouldn’t care. I didn’t mind Gerry’s performance in it, He did fine for me, but my god these photos are amazing of him. In some of the photos snapped by the pap, he looks annoyed. In these, he looks like he was enjoying the attention. He’s got some gorgeous ones here

midnight_girl @ 08/24/2008 at 7:06 pm

F***.Me.Now!!!
Damit…this man is sex on legs!!!

I love Gerry. And I LOVE GErik. I hope they make a sequel. PotO it’s on my top 10 movies ever.

LOVED PTO. Gerard Butler what a HOTTY, not to mention he’s SOOO damed SEXY. I went out and bought the 2004 version of th PTO,
on dvd, as well as the sound track, CD. I listen to the sound track in my car wherever i go LOVE IT.
YES YES YES FINALLY, A PTO SEQUEL YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS.
Exactly what I’ve been praying for. Bring GERARD BUTLER back for
that, and hope you can get EMMY too. Those two are PHENOMINAL.
HOT TOGETHER. I saw PTO, at the Lyric Theatre here in Brisbane
Australia, PTO played by Andrew Warlow, fantastic yes really.
I WOULD LOVE to see the sequel too, HOPE that it comes to AUSTRALIA . SO BRING IT ON AW, GERARD YOU ROCK MWA.

YES YES YES FINALLY, A PTO SEQUEL YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS.
Exactly what I’ve been praying for. Bring GERARD BUTLER back for
that, and hope you can get EMMY too. Those two are PHENOMINAL.
HOT TOGETHER. I saw PTO, at the Lyric Theatre here in Brisbane
Australia, PTO played by Andrew Warlow, fantastic yes really.

Girl’s, forget about it!!!! The MAN is MINE.

Girl’s, forget about it!!!! The MAN is MINE.

Phantom of the Opera is that good, that I’d advise on going to see everything else first, because once you’ve seen PotO the rest aren’t as enjoyable.

I don’t know how they’d top the first but with more and more people having seen the first, over the years, it may have a greater public interest. I would want the cast that was, if needed, back. For the first film to be in proportion, and popular to those who hadn’t seen the stage show, I thought they were damn lucky to get the people they had.

Truthbetold @ 01/12/2009 at 12:15 pm

Gerard Butler can’t sing. Anyone encouraging this fool to sing even more than the damage he has already inflicted upon Phantom is doing a disservice to the art of music. They should have dubbed Butler’s cracking, hair-raising, and grating voice with Michael Crawford’s flawless singing. And if anyone persists in promoting Butler, have Butler create his own album and see how well it sells. BWAHAHHAHAHAHA!

I would like to see him again in the POTO, live in the stage, in the movie he was great , i like the way he was singing, very sexy.

if they had Michael Crawford and Emmy Rossum star in the sequal, Life would be perferct! GB was okay…. his style of sininging was “okay”.. but if Michale Crawford and Emmy R. do it… I would so go see it!

Please, please say it ain’t so. Fine, Gerard Butler is a good actor, but a singer he is not. I love Phantom, I’ve seen the stage production 12 times (all but once before the movie came out). I’ve loved every Phantom, some more than others. But, seriously folks, listen to Micheal Crawford sing Music of the Night, listen to David Gaines, Colm Wilkenson, Franc D’Ambrosio, and Gerard Butler, and tell me if Gerry’s version is even in the same realm as the others. It’s not. It’s the only thing about the movie that I did not like. There are plenty of good looking singer/actors who can play the part. I agree with 73, Crawford and Rossum would be great, but I doubt Crawford, at age 67, would be willing to do it.

Not so sure @ 09/04/2009 at 5:53 pm

I don’t think he’s actually even playing the part.

From what I’ve heard, they already chose the cast as Ramin Karimloo for the Phantom and Sierra Boggess as Christine.

Personally, I think Butler is a great actor, but he can’t sing nearly as well as anyone in the live musical. He’s not horrible, he’s just not amazing. =]

Pages: « 1 2 [3] Show All