Mark Wahlberg Wants Nine Kids!!!

Mark Wahlberg Wants Nine Kids!!!

Mark Wahlberg and his longtime girlfriend Rhea Durham, 29, only have two kids — Ella, 4, and Michael, 2 — and are expecting a third (a boy in September) but they want many, many more.

“When the kids are good, we want eight or nine,” Mark, 37, told People. “When they’re bad, we [want] to stop at three.”

He adds, “[Having a full house] is awesome. Hectic at times. But a lot of fun… My fear is failing as a father, as a friend, as a son. I have a lot of responsibility and a lot of people counting on me. And I know God has put me in this position to put back and try to create some opportunities for some others, show kids there is another way.”

Mark can next be seen as a science teacher running for his life in the thriller, The Happening, out this Friday, June 13.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 06/10/2008 at 12:15 pm

watch the loons say he’s a copy cat.

9 kids is crazy. 3 kids is crazy. all kids are crazy.

God doesn’t want you reproducing endlessly. He wants you to adopt or foster if your heart is so big. Get a vasectomy. Your sperm ain’t all that.

rolling eyes @ 06/10/2008 at 12:22 pm

its like night and day with this guy and his brother

I prefer marky marky though….and i commend him and his wife for wanting lots of kids, I’m sure full houses are more fun than lonely ones

umm..
no. Too many kids.. but whatever makes him happy…

No April, what an idiot remark that shame all of us Christians. God wants no such thing. It’s your damn opinion, and a narrow minded one at that despite its seemingly compassionate appearance.

How about take one’s own responsibility. If you can’t afford to have kids or can’t take care of your children economically at least, you should stop reproducing.

And InFamous,

You are a loon too.

Just me... @ 06/10/2008 at 12:44 pm

Ooooh that’s so cute…but poor wife!! :D

Doesn’t he come from a family of 6 or more himself? it’s only natural to want many children.

shoes4life @ 06/10/2008 at 12:47 pm

I say cudos to folks who are not afraid of having large families. It is time this country get back to family values, instead of self values. People have gotten so caught up thinking a child needs things, they have to have a big house, parents need the big SUV, the latest video games & clothes and therefore they limit themselves to only 1 or 2 children. Big families are great because you have to think beyond the child hood years but think to adult years when they become independent and bring forth their own children. You are blessed all over again to pass along the family traditions you created with your family growing up. I wish I had a big family growing up, I was an only child til 16 and I was more of a mother figure to my lil sister than a sister because of our age difference.

Plus if the unthinkable happens and you loose a child, your only child it is so much harder to cope with the loss, versus having 3 or more children. Because you have those other preciuos lives to live for and they need & love you and need you to continue loving them. Imagine 3 or more different beautiful smiles & personalities all under one roof.

InFamous, nobody in their right mind would call him a copycat! Having lots of kids is not anything new. I would think the “Loons” would make a point in how people complain a certain couple has too many kids, but nobody ever complains about other celeb couples with more then 5 children.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mark is the youngest of nine brothers and sisters. Mark was a monster and was commiting petty crimes as a kid. He had a sister who passed away a few years ago so it’s 8 of them now. That’s still a big family.

He has become more spiritual after 9/11. He was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center. He decided at the last minute to take thego to Toronto instead.

He’s managed to turn his life around and wants to pass on the wisdom he’s gained to the younger generation.

Eight or nine kids! I thinks hes getting too old.

What a great thing to say, really makes me like him. It’s nice for kids to have siblings around to grow up with, and as parents, which greater joy can there be than your family? And I bet, he’ll make sure his kids are good most of the time. I even think its easier with siblings than with an only child, less chance to spoil them: what you offer one, you have to offer all of them to make it even.

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog http://sunnykidstyle.wordpress.com/ about stylish design for kids :):)

pollyanna @ 06/10/2008 at 1:03 pm

What a great guy. It’s beautiful to see a human care about who they be in their relationships and intentionally plan to do a great job. Delicious! Self-esteem is very attactive. He’s full-on being his greatness. Go Captain Sperminator! Make fun babies!

the truth is this @ 06/10/2008 at 1:07 pm

Mark told the Today show today that the baby is a boy due in September.

original jpf @ 06/10/2008 at 1:31 pm

Love love LOVE Mark Wahlberg! He’s a great guy, and so down to earth it’s not funny. As far as his kids? It’s his life, and if he wants 100 children, so be it. Why should it be of any concern to anyone else especially when no one but he and the mother are responsible for their needs and not anyone else.

I read things like children should be limited ala China and I cringe.

jpf

Maybe he and his chick should think about getting married!!!

i’d give him 9 kids if he wants lol……i’ve always found him HOT as f*** ever since i saw him in that movie [ planet of the apes ] lol! i adore kids……i want a man like this !!

janie why do they need to think about getting married? if its working for them to stay together umarried then good for them. Most people who live together for years and decide to get married end up divorcing. Its better that they stay unmarried if it is working out for them.

Only men would say something like that. they’re not the ones “birthin’ babies!”

Having one kid out of wedlock is one thing. Three is stupid. Why doesnt he love his woman enough to marry her if he can have three kids with her? IT just looks trashy and stupid.

As long as he acknowledges the kids are his and are responsible in providing for the kids he is a good father. As long as he loves his woman, sticks by her, provides for her if he’s able, and introduces her as his woman or partner or wife, whichever he and her so chooses, there’s nothing wrong with them not having a marriage license. They could have considered each other husband and wife already. Who are we strangers to say that they must get married?

SofiaRocket @ 06/10/2008 at 3:13 pm

Family values you say? They are not married and their children are ******** – calling things what they are. He does not respect his woman and she has no self respect.

You may say what you want, but if a man REALLY loves a woman, he wants to marry her because he wants her all to himself and is afraid to lose her. All the rest is blah blah blah and a waste of time. I’m married and I know the difference! So girls, don’t be stupid!

My mother and my father have 10 so.. you have not idea how fun it is! everone should know it..so, Good Luck!

You guys call him crazy and all this mess but what about the Duggars? They are expecting baby #18! And as far as marriage, I was with somebody for 4 years and we decided to get married and ended up divorced. If they are happy just the way they are, leave them alone. Atleast his children will be cared for. What about all the girls who pop out baby after baby and they all have different daddys? Why don’t you preach to them!? Why don’t you guys stop judging celebs because of what they say or do and worry about your own lives.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All