Chris Martin: I'm Still Trying To Live Up To Brad Pitt

Chris Martin: I'm Still Trying To Live Up To Brad Pitt

Coldplay’s Chris Martin is happily married to Gwyneth Paltrow– they even have two kids together. But somehow, Chris still feels like an underdog.

“You’ve got to be hungry,” he tells Rolling Stone. “If your wife went out with Brad Pitt, you’d want to prove yourself, you know what I mean?”

Brad, then 31, and Gwyn, then 22, started dating in 1995 after they met on the set of the thriller Seven and got engaged in November 1996. Their two-and-a-half-year relationship ended in June 1997.

Also in the Rolling Stone article, Chris mentions that he sees reason for hope: “As soon as Barack Obama becomes president, people will be a bit more optimistic. If Obama was to be president, it would immediately change the whole outside world’s opinion of America overnight. America’s public image at the moment is really bad. And it’s a bummer, because over half of Americans are the coolest people on the planet. But they’ve been so misrepresented… But I think that, really, the fair thing would be, in electing the American president, to let everyone in the world vote, because it affects all of us. If there was a world vote, there’s no question who would win. No question. Of course, Barack Obama is human like the rest of us. He’s going to f— up. But I’m just trying to look on the bright side. What’s the point of being negative? Where does that get us? It gets you your own radio chat show, but it doesn’t really do anything for the world.”

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
[â��I n F a m o u sâ� @ 06/11/2008 at 4:26 pm

i knew he’d post this. lmao

ew his ugly anyway

does this couple have to constantly mention brad pitt….. give it up now but besides that i totally agree with what he said about Obama.

hes not ugly , gwen you lucky ***** . ugh

over half Martie?..really?
asshat

Chris Martin is so cool.

He really shouldn’t worry about measuring up to Brad Pitt, after all, Gwyneth and Brad broke up years ago and she chose to marry him, not Brad, so this certianly was not some kind of replacement deal, I would say. Also, I never realized how much they actually look alike, in the pictures above, Gwyneth and Chris could even be siblings. I always thought their kids were all her, but now, I also see a lot of him in Moses.

Oh, and by the way, if you have a second to spare, please visit my new blog http://sunnykidstyle.wordpress.com/ about stylish design for kids and feel free to give me some feedback. I’d really appreciate it :):)

good luck on that one

shenanyginz @ 06/11/2008 at 4:53 pm

stay the way you are chris martin!

So suddenly them mentioning Brad a couple of times means that they always talk about him? It was a joke.

I looooooooooove Chris Martin!

i love chris and gwyneth. chris martin > brad pitt

he wants to WORLD to vote for the American President? What an idiot. Let’s all hug, sing kumbaya and be the United States of the World. This guy is stoooopid.

JR = nobody's sweetheart @ 06/11/2008 at 5:06 pm

Gwynnie is still in love with Brad. She cheated and he said “Adios!! todo listo” and then she regretted her behavior. “I was the architect of my own misery” right Gwynnie — you were — you cheated on a good man who adored you and you deserved to get the consolation prize.

If one of you could figure out how to do your publicity without Brad’s coattails we would all appreciate it.

Now you’ve done it. I no longer hate Chris Martin. More hate for others I suppose.

So I guess we should let all the terrorists vote. I’m sure they would vote for Obama!

I love his band….and he’s got great talent! I don’t understand why people get so angry, he has an opinion and he has a right to it.

spider monkey @ 06/11/2008 at 5:22 pm

over half Martie?..really?
asshat

Yeah the ones that never voted for W in the first place…that would be about half.

I love coldplay and he seem a very good guy

he can have my vote if he’ll pay my taxes! Hell, I’m voting Obama anyway.

I love Chris Martin’s mention of Brad PItt and I love his political stance. Its so awesome…like Coldplay!

Viva La Vids!

Mediterranean @ 06/11/2008 at 5:28 pm

Chris and his wife have to stop talking, mentioning Brad in almost every interview they make.

I start to believe that they don’t have anything interesting in their life but Brad.

It was over since June 1997. 11 years are long enough to move on….

This is becoming a habit for the ex-women of Brad, never move on, always move backward.

Wow, that was so dumb.

Yea Chris, Gwyneth dated Brad Pitt, but she chose YOU! Brad seems simple compared to Chris. Gwyneth is intelligent. I knew Brad wouldn’t hold her interest for long — he’s cute but a little airy brained. Not original in his opinions at all. But Chris is a more complex man with much artistic talent and that’s the kind of man Gwyneth was drawn to and needed. Good on them.

quelqu'un @ 06/11/2008 at 5:37 pm

Brad might be better looking but in the talent departement Chris wins hands down imo. Coldplay music is beyond awesome

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All