Nicole Kidman - "Vogue" July 2008

Nicole Kidman -

Nicole Kidman is featured in a 16-page photo spread in the July 2008 issue of Vogue. Photographer Annie Leibovitz traveled to the set of Baz Luhrmann‘s upcoming action-adventure epic, Australia, to photograph the film’s star. Here’s what she had to say in her interview with Vogue:

On her knees splaying out at a 45-degree angle during the interview: “The whole experience is so primal… Just look at how I’m sitting here with my legs apart. This is the way you have to sit when you’re pregnant.”

On her country life: “I’ve been in Tennessee, just sitting. We have a farm there, and I have an organic vegetable garden. This is a path I’d not taken before. My mum’s always gardened. My sister gardens. And I’ve now conformed to the Kidman women’s hobby of gardening. And it is just a hobby. I’m not feeding the troops. (laughs) There’s a softness to the Tennessee landscape that I just love. It’s very beautiful out there. We have deer and wild turkeys.”

On how carrying a child is something new and overwhelming: “When I first saw the baby on the ultrasound, I started crying. I didn’t think I’d get to experience that in my lifetime. I like the unpredictable nature of it. To feel life growing with you is something very, very special, and I’m going to embrace that completely. I don’t believe in flittering around the edges of things. You’re either going to walk through life and experience it fully or you’re going to be a voyeur. And I’m not a voyeur.”

On her and husband Keith Ubran never being apart for more than five days at a time: “I’m so committed to this relationship, and so is he. I don’t have addiction problems, but love is a very powerful force in my life. It’s my fatal flaw and my virtue.”

Read Kidman‘s full article at Vogue.com. And check out the behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot here.

nicole kidman vogue july 2008 01
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 02
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 03
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 04
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 05
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 06

Photos: Annie Leibovitz
Posted to: Nicole Kidman

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

Wow…Nicole look’s beautiful in this photoshoot.

Thanks Jared. :)

I actually think this is a great photoshoot. Of course she looks flawless because of the airbrushing but at least they didnt airbrush too much the way they usually do making the actresses look completely unreal or distorted. I am sure others will disagree and bring up her botox but I still think she looks great here.

Im sorry but I dont see what is so great about nicole i just dont see her as beautiful!

abby richards @ 06/17/2008 at 5:24 pm

she is looking really beautiful in these photos from this post. I saw these amazing photos of her with no cloths on laying on her property in the backyard.. http://www.pro-thinspo.com/nicolekidmanindex.html she seems not to be aging .. lol

I dont think she is ever attractive! i dont mean to be rude but in my opinion she isn’t a beauty.

Debi de hacer caso de los consejos sobre los ángulos de la cámara y la composición cuando saqué las fotos que el tenía ahora en las manos. No había sabido en que orden iban los rollos ni que había en ellos cuando los había hecho revelar. Había muchas de mis pies en la hierba, borrones grisaceos en el aire que eran pajaros y un granulado intento de atardecer sobre el sauce blanco.

What happened to my comment? Thanks jared. :)

jason lover @ 06/17/2008 at 5:33 pm

gosh, vogue when will you ever get some originality?

Love her !! Beautiful as always.

john moyers @ 06/17/2008 at 5:43 pm

I agree with the girls statement above… I saw those photos and being a dude I must say yelllloooowwww.. they are nice. prothinspo always has those hot photos of the skinny chicks. I like em boney.

I don’t find her a beauty, as she’s obviously had some sort of enhancing surgery. On another note, I find it somewhat sad that she never mentions her love for her two children with Tom, that (motherhood)should be a commitment as well, and she goes more than 5 days without seeing them…It’s strange, isn’t it?

Annie most @ 06/17/2008 at 5:44 pm

Absolutely no mention of her other kids…lovely.

I really like Nicole and wish her the best, always.

Angel Lima @ 06/17/2008 at 5:50 pm

I have to agree with the other two writters up top when they said they saw those other photos on prothinspo and she does look ageless..

Lillianne @ 06/17/2008 at 5:51 pm

She is such an old fashioned Hollywood beauty. I’m so happy that she gets to experience the miracle of carrying a child. Best wishes to her and her husband.

She looks great and seems to be really ecstatic. It’s nice to see her so happy and content, she has been trying to get pregnant for a long time. I just hope that wont mean they will spoil the child and make a brat out of him or her. No, I think the two will do just fine, after all Nicole has experience as a mother, though I am not sure how much time she get’s to spend with Connor and his sister.

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog http://sunnykidstyle.wordpress.com/ about stylish design for kids :):)

You’re a lame brained idiot who criticizes without knowing the facts. If you had read the article you would have seen that she does, in fact, talk about her two children with Tom Cruise. It must suck to be you.

she looks beautiful and those pics are gorgeous!

Anonymous @ 06/17/2008 at 6:01 pm

stunnykid how much more free publicity do you need before you leave us alone? I didn’t see anything stylish whatsoever on your website

Nicole is a great woman!
Intense, intelligent, sweet, beautiful, talented and…

I think Tom Cruise “got” the kids in their divorce settlement. She may still get to see them but it’s a Scientology thing. Nicole balked eventually at raising the kids Scientologists or didn’t want it for herself and there was a deal in which she had little say and had to or wanted to keep the details quiet. She might have been in a very rough spot about those two kids who she raised from babies. I remember when they first adopted them. She was a good and loving mom, or so it seemed when she was with Tom. Then it all got weird after he left her. That’s why this baby means so much to her.

Nic is fantastic, wonderful

so beautiful, thanks so much for pictures

Tom is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!