Nicole Kidman - "Vogue" July 2008

Nicole Kidman -

Nicole Kidman is featured in a 16-page photo spread in the July 2008 issue of Vogue. Photographer Annie Leibovitz traveled to the set of Baz Luhrmann‘s upcoming action-adventure epic, Australia, to photograph the film’s star. Here’s what she had to say in her interview with Vogue:

On her knees splaying out at a 45-degree angle during the interview: “The whole experience is so primal… Just look at how I’m sitting here with my legs apart. This is the way you have to sit when you’re pregnant.”

On her country life: “I’ve been in Tennessee, just sitting. We have a farm there, and I have an organic vegetable garden. This is a path I’d not taken before. My mum’s always gardened. My sister gardens. And I’ve now conformed to the Kidman women’s hobby of gardening. And it is just a hobby. I’m not feeding the troops. (laughs) There’s a softness to the Tennessee landscape that I just love. It’s very beautiful out there. We have deer and wild turkeys.”

On how carrying a child is something new and overwhelming: “When I first saw the baby on the ultrasound, I started crying. I didn’t think I’d get to experience that in my lifetime. I like the unpredictable nature of it. To feel life growing with you is something very, very special, and I’m going to embrace that completely. I don’t believe in flittering around the edges of things. You’re either going to walk through life and experience it fully or you’re going to be a voyeur. And I’m not a voyeur.”

On her and husband Keith Ubran never being apart for more than five days at a time: “I’m so committed to this relationship, and so is he. I don’t have addiction problems, but love is a very powerful force in my life. It’s my fatal flaw and my virtue.”

Read Kidman‘s full article at Vogue.com. And check out the behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot here.

nicole kidman vogue july 2008 01
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 02
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 03
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 04
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 05
nicole kidman vogue july 2008 06

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Wow…Nicole look’s beautiful in this photoshoot.

Thanks Jared. :)

I actually think this is a great photoshoot. Of course she looks flawless because of the airbrushing but at least they didnt airbrush too much the way they usually do making the actresses look completely unreal or distorted. I am sure others will disagree and bring up her botox but I still think she looks great here.

Im sorry but I dont see what is so great about nicole i just dont see her as beautiful!

abby richards @ 06/17/2008 at 5:24 pm

she is looking really beautiful in these photos from this post. I saw these amazing photos of her with no cloths on laying on her property in the backyard.. http://www.pro-thinspo.com/nicolekidmanindex.html she seems not to be aging .. lol

I dont think she is ever attractive! i dont mean to be rude but in my opinion she isn’t a beauty.

Debi de hacer caso de los consejos sobre los ángulos de la cámara y la composición cuando saqué las fotos que el tenía ahora en las manos. No había sabido en que orden iban los rollos ni que había en ellos cuando los había hecho revelar. Había muchas de mis pies en la hierba, borrones grisaceos en el aire que eran pajaros y un granulado intento de atardecer sobre el sauce blanco.

What happened to my comment? Thanks jared. :)

jason lover @ 06/17/2008 at 5:33 pm

gosh, vogue when will you ever get some originality?

Love her !! Beautiful as always.

john moyers @ 06/17/2008 at 5:43 pm

I agree with the girls statement above… I saw those photos and being a dude I must say yelllloooowwww.. they are nice. prothinspo always has those hot photos of the skinny chicks. I like em boney.

I don’t find her a beauty, as she’s obviously had some sort of enhancing surgery. On another note, I find it somewhat sad that she never mentions her love for her two children with Tom, that (motherhood)should be a commitment as well, and she goes more than 5 days without seeing them…It’s strange, isn’t it?

Annie most @ 06/17/2008 at 5:44 pm

Absolutely no mention of her other kids…lovely.

I really like Nicole and wish her the best, always.

Angel Lima @ 06/17/2008 at 5:50 pm

I have to agree with the other two writters up top when they said they saw those other photos on prothinspo and she does look ageless..

Lillianne @ 06/17/2008 at 5:51 pm

She is such an old fashioned Hollywood beauty. I’m so happy that she gets to experience the miracle of carrying a child. Best wishes to her and her husband.

She looks great and seems to be really ecstatic. It’s nice to see her so happy and content, she has been trying to get pregnant for a long time. I just hope that wont mean they will spoil the child and make a brat out of him or her. No, I think the two will do just fine, after all Nicole has experience as a mother, though I am not sure how much time she get’s to spend with Connor and his sister.

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog http://sunnykidstyle.wordpress.com/ about stylish design for kids :):)

You’re a lame brained idiot who criticizes without knowing the facts. If you had read the article you would have seen that she does, in fact, talk about her two children with Tom Cruise. It must suck to be you.

she looks beautiful and those pics are gorgeous!

Anonymous @ 06/17/2008 at 6:01 pm

stunnykid how much more free publicity do you need before you leave us alone? I didn’t see anything stylish whatsoever on your website

Nicole is a great woman!
Intense, intelligent, sweet, beautiful, talented and…

I think Tom Cruise “got” the kids in their divorce settlement. She may still get to see them but it’s a Scientology thing. Nicole balked eventually at raising the kids Scientologists or didn’t want it for herself and there was a deal in which she had little say and had to or wanted to keep the details quiet. She might have been in a very rough spot about those two kids who she raised from babies. I remember when they first adopted them. She was a good and loving mom, or so it seemed when she was with Tom. Then it all got weird after he left her. That’s why this baby means so much to her.

Nic is fantastic, wonderful

so beautiful, thanks so much for pictures

Tom is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic is happy finally

Nicole is gorgeous

I think thast nicole has something of all the characters sheplayed, from the ngril to die for to mouline rouge to the hours, to the others. When I see her TV interviews, she shows her chemistry too. On the other hand she has something of mrs coulter, and something of margaret and the wedding…and the she loves gardening and all this

I ahve to reckion thta I ams still more sued to her doubled voice than to her own

She is the most gorgeous thing ever.. love her!
I wish I could pull off the fair skin as well as she does, she’s so lovely. I hope she gets to be the mother and have the family she seems to really want and deserve. Her interviews are always great.
I’m not going to weigh in on her relationship with her other children, cept to say I hope things are ok and if not then better days ahead.

to serena @ 06/17/2008 at 6:42 pm

what you suggest makes a great deal of sense. but i have another theory. it could be the nicole is protecting the privacy of her two children. she may think that it’s no one’s business what is going on with them. nicole is not alone in this. daniel craig will never answer any questions concerning his daughter. he is very protective of her privacy.

Beautiful Nicole!

When the baby borns?

i don’t know

it’s in july???

Samantha cooke @ 06/17/2008 at 6:52 pm

Since Nicole mentions her interest in gardening, I thought Nicole and her children would enjoy and experience that turned my kids onto gardening and nature. Growing a TickleMe Plant! Recently featured by the National Gardening Associations Kids Store, http://www.kidsgardeningstore.com/14-1030.html
If you want to give your young gardeners an experience they will never forget, consider having them grow a TickleMe Plant. This is the plant that will close its leaves and lower its branches when you tickle it. They sprout in days and can be grown indoors any time of year. Just go to http://www.TickleMePlant.com for seeds and growing kits. This plant has turned many kids into plant and nature lovers. I know, because I grow TickleMe Plants in my classroom. Your children may never look at plants in the same way and neither will you!
Happy Growing

Annie and Oly – if you bothered to read the article you would have seen where the author said she talked a great deal about Bella and Connor during the interview.
Plus as another poster said, she was always a loving mother. AND she has always fiercely protected the kids’ privacy. Unlike Tom who pimps them out when it suits his needs.

SHE´S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA! Jared, you are becoming famous and now there are unpaid ads and links in everythread !!

Beautiful. Vogue is great for pictures but I hate their articles.

youwillmissme @ 06/17/2008 at 9:15 pm

Gorgeous! Go Nicole. Love you!

in that outfit, dont you just want to jump into bed with hugh jackman….he can put his cowboy boots under my bed any old day!

Love Nicole. She looks so beautiful in the dress. She is a lovely person.
Wishing her and Keith much happiness. She deserves to be happy.

Thanks Jared!!

yeah she gardens when she’s not spending 4 hours at the spa and having her hair and nails done or exercising…she means someone else gardens and she gets to say she does.
celebrities suck.

I don’t mean any disrespect because Nicole seems to be such a lovely person, but…….is she pregnant in these pictures? and why does she look so serious? I would expect her to be bursting with child and just beaming, but that’s not the look at all. It doesn’t make sense to me, even Jessica Alba smiled a little.

I don’t think she has any relationship with the adopted kids and this pregnancy of hers is fishy

Fishy how? She’d be out of her mind to fake a pregnancy; the lie is too easily exposed.

WOW wow wow. Nicole is classy, accessible, she has grace and is so uber talented. Nic is a shining star. Her beauty is a work of art,.

Love Stars @ 06/18/2008 at 12:43 am

The thing about Nic is that all of her is beautiful. She’s not a frigid cold pretty head on a stick! Look at the curve of her arms, her body, but it’s the kind of beauty that tributes every woman. She exudes real strebgth and womanhood from character. Grace is right. We miss you Nicole, show us more. We are so sick of the trash bobbing in the bloids!

To Oly, just in case you are too lazy to read the article from Vogue:

“These days she’s most at ease talking about her children. Kidman already is a mother, of course, and she takes care to sing the praises of her adopted daughter, Isabella, fifteen, and son, Connor, thirteen. But carrying a child is clearly something new and overwhelming.” Vogue.
In the next time, try to read the whole article, and put everything in context.

We don’t know how she feels about being apart from her children. Because I can not imagine how painful it must be for her.

And if now, she is talking about how happy she is becoming a mother, feeling a nature grows inside her, I can only be happy for her.

These pics are beautiful. The cover pic is particularly gorgeous.

this photoshoot looks amazing. i love the cover…the dress is beautiful and nicole looks flawless in every single picture. yes, she’s photoshoped but this is still a great photoshoot. im so happy that she’s pregnant- she deserves this and she’s a fab actress.

wowwwwww….
she’s soooooo beautiful…
love you nicole!

This cover is breathtaking

Jessica S. @ 06/18/2008 at 4:15 am

no words! she is amazing ! Love it!

i think the shorter her is better on her, it makes you look younger. She is flawless, no doubts about it! Love the cover and the pic with Hugh!

I always love Annie shots. Altough i’m not a fan of Kidman as an actress, i’m most say she seem to be a nice and sweet person. and of course she is beautiful! My favorite photos is the one with HUgh, he is so hot!

Lovely! Shorter hair suits her! She has such a beautiful face!
Just to remember, when this photoshoot was made she was only pregnant about two months, that’s why you don’t see any bump! Stop saying she is not pregnant!

Fendi fan @ 06/18/2008 at 5:13 am

there is not one as Nic in this type of magazine works.She is always divine, her face is perfect! I love the red dress!
can’t wait to see Australia, i’m sure it will be a HIT!

The cover is wonderful! but the pic with Jackman is my dream! I’m sure they will make a great screen couple!
Lovely costums she has, i’m sure Catherine Martin will be again nominated for an oscar, as i hope for Nicole! I love her!

Angie fan!!! @ 06/18/2008 at 5:22 am

Annie always make a great work with big stars. This work isn’t an exception, Nicole is great! I always love her movies with Baz, i hope i will love this one! Go Nic!

I think they could had choosed a better cover.I like the photo, but there’s better pics in side, the one Nic has the red dress would be great?don’t you agree guys?
She has always a special bright in Baz movies, i hope this time her talent will be recognized at oscars, she was totally snubbed last year!

katherine @ 06/18/2008 at 5:33 am

Guys, we can’t see the bump because this photos were not take this month, but last year!!! I remember around December, that’s why the bumpo isn’t visible.

Bloody hell can’t deny Nicole looks like a MAN.

Recorddaba ñas noches de verano, la oscuridad tardaba una eternidad en llegar. A veces de pie junto a la ventana abierta, sentía una bris que refreescaba, y con esa bgrisa llegaba una música de la casa. Mientras escuchaba la muisca la brisa traia un olor a tierra y a aire y un olor a musgo que solo podía significar tormenta. En esos momentos reinaba un maravilloso silencio temporal.

En la biblioteca en Penilvania, Ray leia sobre la vejez bajo el título en negrita ” las condiciones de la muerte ” . Se trataba de un estudio realizado en residencias de ancianos donde un elevado porcentaje de pacientes informaba a los médicos y enfermeras de que veían a alguien al pie de la cama por las noches

A menudo esa persona trataba de hablar con ellos o laamarlos por su nombre. Aveces los pacientes estaban en tal estado de agitación durante sus delirios que tenían que admionistrales más sedantes o atarlos a la cama

El texto pasaba a exopñlicar que estas visiones eran resulatdo de pequeñas aplopejias que a menudo precedían a la muerte ” lo que el hombre de la calle tiende a creer que es el angeñl de la muerte cuando se habla de ello con la familia del paciente, debería explicarse como una serie de pequeñas aplopejias que suman a un empeoramineto ya en picado ”

Por uhn momento Ray se imaginó como reacionaría si, plantado al pie de la cama en el lugar más expuesto posible, sintiera algo que le pasaba rozando

I’m so excited about this Vogue issue. I’m a fan of Australia as a country and a huge fan of Kidman, she is terrific here!LOvely cover and the red dress is really gorgeous!

she can’t do wrong guys. She has an amazing body and an agel face, what she needs more?

Yo no sueño con ella, tengo pesadillas de ratas que me mordisquean las puntas del pelo. Porque estaba a ocuras. Ella y yo vimos el temblior. La sacudida interna de su corazón. Se estaba volviendo tan habil que las grietas y fisuras eran cada vez más pequeñas. Podría dejar fuuera al mundo entero., ella incluida. El no sabía si era cierto. Imaginate que te apuñalan. No gracias. A mi me parece que estaba bien. Luego hicieron una lista de muertos que conocían. Una abuela, un abuelo, una tía, un tío, que habían muerto de una enfermedad, de un atque al corazón, de leucemia, de una enfermedad inpronunicable. Nadie conocía a nadie que hubiera muerto asesinado. Pero ahora me conocían a mi.

Coleccionaba cosas para contarlas, porque el acto de contar le tranquilizaba. Eran cosas sencilllas, como un anillo de bodas, una carta dentro de un sobre cerrado, la suela del zapato, unas gafas, una goma de borrar de un personaje de dibujos animados, un frasquito de perfume, una pulsera de plástico. Lo sacaba por la noche, una vez que se había asegurado de que ninguna persona iba a llmar a la puerta.

Al contar los huesos y mantenerse lejos de la carta cerrada, el anuillo de bodas o el frasquito de perfume, trataba de mantenerse alejada de lo que mas quería, él esperó a acabar su cigarrillo en la entrada de nuestra casa. Todavía era temprano, pero había más humedad que el día anterior. Habían anunicado lluvias para toda la semana, la clase de tormenta con truenos y relampagos, pero la unica humedad de la que era consciente era la que cubría su cuerpo de sudor. Oyó un canturreo, una voz femenina dentro de la casa. Apagó el cigarrillo. Antes de que la soltara la puerta se abrió- He olido su cigarrillo. Los dos oyeron los pasoso en el pasillo del piso de arriba y a continuación una voz suplicante. Le encantaba que se paseara por casa. buenos días Jack, ¿ como estas esta mañana ?. Le puso delante de ella, y ella se inclinó con solemnidad.

She’s starting to annoy me with this being or not being a voyeur in life…maybe she doesn’t realize that some people are just not as lucky / rich / beautiful / etc. as she is or simply don’t have the means to be or do what they want in life. Sorry if I say this but get down from your pedestal Nicole!

Esos baños se han vuelto borrosos e mi mente, al igual que todos los dioses y diosas, pero lo que mejor recuerdo es ver como le afedctaban las cosas, y como la vida que había deseado y perdido la alcanzaba a oleadas. El agua caliente nos dejaba tan embriagados que hablabamos sin pararMe gustaba pensar que estaba en uno de los barcos de una de las histroias que ella representaba. El parpadeó al verla, maravillosa..

C’MON WHY WRITE IN SPANISH HERE????!!!?!

WHY WRITE IN SPANISH HERE DUDE????!!!!!!

I’m looking forward to see Nic in Australia! ^__^
Baz is a genius…

Lies . . . lies . . . lies!

A lady, even nine month pregnant, doesn’t sit like that Kidman – a ***** does!

the Nicole pics are beautiful. but I didn’t realize at first that the pics also included Hugh-now those are gorgeous. These two look great together. I hope they managed to have some hot love scenes in spite of the fact they are good friends. Can’t wait for the movie.

katherine – you are wrong about the photo shoot – it was this past March when Mr. Kidman missed the Grammys to sit and watch her on the set of the shoot.

Well I hope thta all of us end up in good condition whatever happens. It is a real adventure . A real journey.

Number one, I know you have to ask that question. And it’s my right not to answer it,” he said.

“Number two, I think when you’re happy about something or proud about something, I think it’s natural in human nature to talk about it.

“But I’m not going to answer it. Next

alfalfa, Some of the pictures were taken in early February. Feb. 11 to be exact but some of them were taken on the set of Australia when it was still shooting. The movie wrapped last December in Sydney so check facts.

I am so tired of this Nicole bashing if you don’rt want to see pictures of her or news of her simply avoid it!

I’m so tired of this poster bashing! If I have an opinion, I’ll share it, and I have every right to state my opinion. Freedom of speech – it’s a good thing!

To Mia @ 06/18/2008 at 8:25 am …and you know what Nicole…you should be thankful to many voyeurs because they made you a famous person! If nobody was interested in your life and who you are from the beginning you wouldn’t be so famous, rich, requested, etc.

Mia, think a little deeper then the ovbious meaning of what you think of as being a “voyeur.” Nicole was not talking about other people watching her life. She was talking about sitting by & watching HER OWN life go by & not getting involved. She wants to live life to the FULLEST it can be not just let it go by observe it & fight it.

ALL of us can live our lives to the fullest whether we are famous or not! You have to take advantage of what you have in your life & what you want to do. She isn’t putting anyone else down.

You should publish all the links, they are very…

I am also going to cancell my people magazine if they are going to fill it with a fake like her

The pics were gorgeous. I can’t wait to see them in the magazines with their baby. They are a wonderful family!

I know some of the postings here says she talked about her kids, but why does she go on endlessly about having this baby you would think its her first stab at motherhood.

And why is she never with them? I am not here to judge because I do think she is a beautiful woman. It’s just that I find something odd about her. I can’t put my finger on it but she seems to always be posing and acting. She doesn’t seem to have an authentic bone in her body.

Nicole and Hugh look absolutely gorgeous in these pictures! Very special pictures, romantic and retro. Very nice! I can’t wait to see the movie Australia this autumn. :)

if you want to look at real un photoshopped pictures, look at red carpet awards show, they are randomly taken and if you saw nicole at the last country music awards, she look the same as ever. bottom line shes got good genes and is really beautiful and to those that say shes not beautiful at all, please who are you kidding, maybe your idea of beauitful is courtney love

she’s beautiful

If people actually read the article, or if Just Jared posted more information you would see that the interviewer/writer mentioned that she talked about her other kids, but he decided not to focus on that aspect of it.

And considering Keith has talked about her kids as well, I think they do get to spend some time with them.

You are just envy of her…insecurity bites hahahaha