Christian Bale is on Parade -- Batman is Back!

Christian Bale is on Parade -- Batman is Back!

Christian Bale talks parenting, privacy and “kindred spirit” Heath Ledger in the new issue of Parade. Here are some great excerpts:

Your co-star Heath Ledger, who plays The Joker, died tragically after the film wrapped. Do you mind talking about him? No, listen, I want to talk about Heath.
When you miss somebody, you want to speak about him. He was a unique character, a very infectious character. He was a good man, and I was glad to have spent time with him. He
was somebody who I’d been seeing on a daily basis for months. It takes a long time to accept that someone’s gone, when all body and mind are telling you that this is somebody you will know for a great deal of time. He was something of a kindred spirit to myself.

It must be difficult. Much of it has to do with my respect for his daughter, whom he loved so dearly and whom he would talk about so often. For me, that is of incredible importance. I hope in a small way that The Dark Knight can be a celebration of his work. Not like the hideous circus after he died, which I felt was an invasion of a private life. This movie is not a personal home video. This is what he did. I hope people will embrace that in the correct fashion.

Tell me about agreeing to do the next Terminator. I’ve always had two varying degrees of success, and I’m not talking about anything to do with box office. I’m talking about my own parameters. You know, an interest in attempting in a wide variety of stories. I never desired to be a big studio movie actor, action actor. I’ve never desired to be a serious independent movie actor. I enjoy all of those. It depends on what mood I’m in. And therefore, I will try to bend those stories into becoming something that I can enjoy myself, varying degrees of success with that. We have an opportunity with it for a continuation, but also a reinvention, and I have to say, much the same way in my mind as we have with Batman. And beyond that I won’t say anymore because we’re just starting. (Editor’s Translation: “No, I can’t talk about it.”)

For the full interview and web-exclusive photos, visit Parade.com.

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Orange Clockwork @ 06/25/2008 at 3:32 pm

Love this man!

daisy42465 @ 06/25/2008 at 3:36 pm

Great actor, adore him.

hey guys
for all of vanessa hudgens new songs check out this youtube channel it has all the new songs

An incredible actor and seems like a very down-to-earth fellow as well.

Awsome Movie !!!!!!!!!!!

I cant Wait :D !!!!!

It`s great Christian remember Heath and miss him.
Yeah, Matilda was Heath`s world…
Poor little girl.
Wish he was alive.

Nice Ledger tribute from Bale.

lanolin....like sheep's wool @ 06/25/2008 at 4:32 pm

I have loved Christian for so many years!! I can’t wait for the Dark Knight!

hey guys!!!!
check out this youtube channel for all of vanessa hudgens new songs
the user is super nice and all the new songs are there

nice photoshopped head…

he is amazing! love him!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 06/25/2008 at 5:00 pm

great actor, and the best batman ever.

Blackworm @ 06/25/2008 at 5:13 pm

I love him. He is a great actor and the best batman ever making the best batman movies ever.

Wonderful actor. Christian Bale is amazing and genuine! :)

For a moment I thought he was James Brolin. I know Brolin in much older now. I still think Michael Keaton was the best batman. I must admit I don’t follow Bale’s career. As for Health Ledger, I really don’t know how good an actor he was overall, but he did a great job in Monster’s Ball. Except for his role I thought the movie was overrated. The only other movie of his that i have tried to watch is A Knight’s Tale. I bought it on DVD, tried watching it 3 or 4 times and still never made it to the end of the movie. I was not impressed with it and I’m not sure why. When weighing in on how good an actor someone is, I don’t factor is hotness or how someone looks. That has nothing to do with acting. I never thought of him in that way period. At some point I hope to see his body of works and maybe see what the exact extent of his talent was. I am sorry for his family’s loss, particularly his little girl. Whatever the final judgment of his role in this movie, it’s doesn’t add or taken away from this man. He had value beyond what he did as a living. He had people who loved him.

prima*donna @ 06/25/2008 at 11:37 pm

just the best actor right now, so full of different characters ^^

i love him (L)

He’s my favorite Batman by far. I love him! So gorgeous and he sounds like a good guy too. His comment about Heath Ledger is very nice.

Joneblaze @ 06/26/2008 at 6:10 am

Bale is such a cool ,stand up guy.Im in high anticipation for The Dark Knight

Madsters, why on earth are you polluting Christian Bale’s post with the likes of that no talent hack Vanessa Hudgens?

nice words for heath. looking forward to the dark knight.

To all of us Baleheads – Christian is a real good guy with a level head on his shoulders. If only Heath had known him longer – he would have been a great influence on him.

Aaah thats nice that theyre still remembering Heath and stuff and that its like ‘Do you mind!?’. I didn’t think he was gonna look like that now. But y’know his best movies are the ones no one seems to publicise. I do believe that he’ll never make anything better or more captivating than the ones just after the millenium because of the intensity American Psycho brought to his Film Persona. (!)

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All