Rafael Nadal Wins Wimbledon 2008

Rafael Nadal Wins Wimbledon 2008

Rafael Nadal holds up the Wimbledon trophy after winning his first title on Sunday, ending Roger Federer‘s five-year reign. At four hours and 48 minutes, it was the longest final in Wimbledon history.

Nadal, 22, prevailed after winning two sets, losing two sets and then finally winning fifth match at 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-7 (8), 9-7. He became the first man to win the French Open (also against Federer) and Wimbledon in the same year since Bjorn Borg in 1980.

After his winning match point at Wimbledon, Nadal fell to the ground and started to cry. He then pulled himself together and ran up into the stands to hug his parents and his uncle/coach Toni Nadal. Touching moment.

¡FELICIDADES, NADAL!

FYI: Venus Williams defeated younger sister Serena in straight sets: 7–5, 6–4. Together, they dominated in doubles over Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur: 6–2, 6–2.

85+ pictures inside of Rafael Nadal winning Wimbledon 2008…

who won wimbledon rafael nadal 01
who won wimbledon rafael nadal 81
who won wimbledon rafael nadal 82
who won wimbledon rafael nadal 83
who won wimbledon rafael nadal 84
who won wimbledon rafael nadal 85

Neilson Barnard/Getty

121 Responses to “Rafael Nadal Wins Wimbledon 2008”

1. 1
    Lulu Says:

Thank you Jared , Finally some Rafa Pics

What a well deserved win,He’s the best, VAMOS RAFA !!!!

PS: Can you post the pics of the Beckhams arriving in Colorado at Tom Cruise’s place, the pics are at splash ;)

2. 2
    Tweety Says:

congrats rafa! i saw the match and what you did was amazing!!

3. 3
    Kasia Says:

the right person finally wins ;]
    the game dragged on for about 5 hours though

4. 4
    Sara Says:

que emoción!!! no soy particularmente fan de él pero que coño:

¡QUE VIVA ESPAÑA! :lol:

5. 5
    Mariana Says:

6. 6
    Sara Says:

So handsome!!! :)

7. 7
    SCANDALMONGER Says:

Way to go Rafael!! He is cool in my book and also Pau Gasol’s buddy!
    :D

8. 8
    layla Says:

FELICITACIONES NADAL!

sos mucho mejor que federer!

9. 9
    XxMANAxX Says:

I love this guy. It was a great match and Rafa deserved it.

Gooo Rafa!!!!

10. 10
    TITI Says:

HEY MARIANA , learn about tennis & stop worshipping this goat of rodge!he s so old news!!
    rafa rules !
    epic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. 11
    oli Says:

enhorabuena!!! k grande eres!!!!

esto demuestra a todos lo k vales y cm se vence al numero 1 del mundo.

GRACIAS RAFA

12. 12
    HollyGolightly Says:

Ooh, good for him! I felt sorry for him last year when Federer beat him. Glad to see Nadal finally take the title!!

13. 13
    Rita Says:

It’s the year of Spain; first Euro, than Wimbledon! Congrats!

I still love Federer though :D

14. 14
    Joyce Says:

too bad Roger is still number one (:

ROGER FEDERER FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION AND IS CONTINUING NEXT YEAR <33333333333333333333333333333

15. 15
    ñññ Says:

felicidades rafa eres el mejor.fuerza calidad y humildad
    estamos muy orgullosos e ti
    QUE VIVA ESPAÑA!!!!!!!
    and great federer too

16. 16
    twilight Says:

VAMOS VAMOS VAMOS RAFA!!! CONGRATS!!!

Freakin’ AWESOME match! Well deserved by Rafa. Both played their hearts out, but in the end Rafa persevered to secure his 1st Wimbledon WIN!!!

17. 17
    susan Says:

Both Rafa and Fed need to be so proud of this match…tennis desperately needed this final and it was the highest level of tennis I’ve ever seen in a grand slam final…

Mariana: obviously you watch little tennis…if you did, you’d be able to appreciate what Rafa did today against the #1 grass court player…I say grow up and give credit where it’s due!!

Both are class acts and I was so proud to see this level of play for five sets…wonderful match!!!

18. 18
    ñññ Says:

_________
    sorry but your opinion is a total bullshit.
    nadal is a great player not only a moonballer, see the match again and then speak.
    federer was in the game only because his aces.nadal is a great player great spirit great person.
    I respect federer he is the number one. but nadal this year is so much better he won the roland garros miami atp and wimbledon and he is so near now to federer.

19. 19
    LuckyL Says:

I WAS SO FU***** EXCITED I ALMOST DESTROYED MY ROOM

YAY

20. 20
    Couper Says:

The best match I’ve seen in tennis. Sorry to say (since I’m a Federer fan), but it’s just going to get harder to beat Nadal now. You can see Nadal’s game has stepped up a lot more since last year.

21. 21
    LuckyL Says:

Mariana @ 07/06/2008 at 5:22 pm

_________
    I wonder if you played tennis a day in your life you dumb a** bit**

22. 22
    Sam Says:

You can’t take away Rafa’s talent and humility, but I was sad when Federer lost. He fought so hard, he’s been so graceful and such a strong, positive presence in tennis, it was hard to see the king de-throned. :(

23. 23
    LuckyL Says:

Mariana @ 07/06/2008 at 5:22 pm

____
    He is the only man in tennis who could even achieve what he did today, and it as well deserved you stupid cun*t

24. 24
    LuckyL Says:

Sam @ 07/06/2008 at 5:58 pm

______
    Well said, and your post actually makes sense. My sister was rooting for Federer.

25. 25
    Andrea Says:

poor Federer :(

26. 26
    Orchid Says:

I’m very happy that Nadal won. I didn’t expect it, because his surface is clay, but it was his day! Congratulations to Spain!!! Federer has won it enough times. It’s Nadal’s turn.

27. 27
    anon Says:

I can’t believe I spent almost the entire day at home watching this. It was fantastic. I don’t usually follow tennis but I might start. Congratulations to Nadal and to Venus Williams.

28. 28
    vELMA Says:

Rafa es el mejor, además de estar buenísimo…. :)

Congratulations Rafa!!! You are……THE BEST!

29. 29
    Sam Says:

Thanks, LuckyL. I can see why people like Nadal, because it’s hard not to like him! He’s definitely the new wave, and he’s handling it beautifully; no arrogance or unnecessary rhetoric, just pure, good tennis. However, I have to agree with your sister. Federer just strikes some chord with me, probably because I’ve been watching him play for so long.

30. 30
    LuckyL Says:

Dude, Nadal was so f****** in his speech too, citing how Federer “is still the greatest, this is his first win.” He is such a beautiful spirit. He will have a heroes welcome in Spain.

31. 31
    LuckyL Says:

f****** humble*

32. 32
    Grid Says:

HAHAHAHA… Thanks a lot for the pictures!
    OMG, I’m SOOOOOO happy that he won! And OMG that was a really good game… Too good that Nadal won! I’m soo happy for him!

33. 33
    Nice Says:

Is it true that the French sporting press call him the construction worker because of his cut off shirts? I laughed when I read that. Congrats. He seems very happy.

34. 34
    LuckyL Says:

Sam @ 07/06/2008 at 6:04 pm

__________
    I know, it’s so awesome. I know I have a thing for underdogs, so that probably plays into as well. They really are such awesome players, no one should be bad mouthing either, and as the announcers said, it’s really difficult to call what Federer did today a “loss.” LOL Björn Borg must be happy! Jk!

35. 35
    LuckyL Says:

I also enjoy the personality of Nadal and I love how his uncle trained him, just his entire history up to this point.

36. 36
    congratulations Says:

Raffy, congratulations. That was a hard earned win. No one can take that away from you.

37. 37
    Orchid Says:

18 ñññ @ 07/06/2008 at 5:53 pm # 5 Mariana @ 07/06/2008 at 5:22 pm such a sad day, i cant believe moonballer nadal won over real tennis, sad day indeed for people who enjoy good tennis. anyway damn wimbledon courts that slowed down so much to allow this result
    _________
    sorry but your opinion is a total bullshit.
    ——-
    Yes, he is, and he looks good on the tennis court! It’s a pleasure to watch him play.

38. 38
    Lole Says:

Nadal is a warrior, we very proud of him, he played with so much passion and strenght, he deserved.
    Congratulations to Roger too, he is always brilliant.

39. 39
    um Says:

Mariana @ 07/06/2008 at 5:22 pm
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Obviously you didn’t watch or are blind. That was the best Wimbeldon win EVER!

40. 40
    Nadal WOONN!! Says:

Again it’s great to see your posting more content to do with sports! KEEP IT UP! =) NADAL PWNS! =D

41. 41
    Just_me Says:

What a great match!!! I’m happy for Rafa!

42. 42
    elisa Says:

VAMOS RAFA!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations!
    He is the best! Last year Roger had difficulties to win and this year Rafa finally did it! He finally ended Roger’s reign!
    I love him, he is one of a kind, definetly
    TeQuieroRafaaaaaa

43. 43
    fan Says:

vamos rafa!!!!! what an amazing match =)

44. 44
    Halli Says:

Best Match EVER. It was EPIC.

SO SAD Roger lost. Ughhhhh! But he is naturally having an off season this year and he is still #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Roger!

45. 45
    cHAMP Says:

GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!GO RAFA!

46. 46
    OMG! Says:

I’m spanish and i’ve seen the match
    Both are grrrreat!! I admire Federer too bc i think he’s a fantastic tennis player, he has the acttitud, he’s humble and so classy bc he knows how to win and how to lose.
    But Rafa did an amazing match and he deserved to win.He also won Roland Garros and that proves he is stronger this year!
    ignore Mariana, she definetely doesn’t know a thing about tennis
    So happy for Rafa, FELICIDADES!

47. 47
    Lennie Says:

I’m quite surprised to hear about a tennis match on here, but anyway I’m soo happy that Rafa finally won. I agree with him, Federer is still the greatest, but it’s been a long time that someone had not challenged him. Now things won’t be the same anymore as Rafa begins to win against Roger not only on clay but on any other surface, and on grass yay on grass!!! Tennis was always been my favourite sport, but from now on it’s going to be even more exciting than ever to watch.

48. 48
    GREAT Says:

If Roger doesn’t win the U.S.Open and Rafa gets to the semi-final, then Rafa will be number 1 by the end of the year. Rafa vs. Roger: 12 v. 6. And now with Djokovic on the rise, Roger’s reign on the top is no longer !!! Great. Rafa, I love you and thank you for keeping Men’s Tennis interesting.

49. 49
    Nicole Says:

Congrats to Rafa. and people wondered if we would get another epic final and they delivered. congrats to roger as well he played his heart out also.

50. 50
    Sebastian Says:

HOTTEST ASS IN TENNIS.

51. 51
    Nadal fan Says:

congrats rafa!You are the best!

52. 52
    viva Rafa Says:

Congratulations to a well deserved win!!

53. 53
    ali Says:

aww im happy 4 him. i was kinda sad coz i support federer but he played so well and the game was intense lol

54. 54
    Shar Says:

LuckyL @ 07/06/2008 at 6:07 pm

Sam @ 07/06/2008 at 6:04 pm

__________
    ————————————————————————————-

# 35 LuckyL @ 07/06/2008 at 6:08 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don’t forget, he’s also sooo fcuking sexy and beautiful to look at!!!!

55. 55
    Shar Says:

This is truely a great weekend first Venus, then Rafael Nadal, the two ppl I was rooting for won Wimbledon!!!!!! :) :) :)

56. 56
    Elle Says:

ENHORABUENA RAFA!!!!!!

MADRE MIA QUE GUAPO!

What a final, this had everything as a tennis fan you could not have asked for more. Roger & Rafa are the greatest champions ever but Rafa has the complete package! My mother and I were just going crazy for him, the Reign of Rafa has finally begun not just the King Of Clay!

57. 57
    Naomi Says:

That was one of the best wimbledon finals. Congratulations to both Rafael and Venus. They really deserved to win, Federer gave a ggod game, though, and he’s still my favorite. All in all, it was a great wimbledon.

58. 58
    naru Says:

Congrats to Rafa, he is the best!!!
    España triunfa en el deporte este año!!!!
    Arriba Rafa Nadal!!

59. 59
    truvy Says:

I spent all day watching this match and was thrilled with the outcome. I can’t believe how into tennis I get, I get so nervous pulling for someone to win, it’s just ridiculous. I was cheering for Nadal and thought he was screwed after that 4th set, but I think him making Federer run all over the place the previous four sets took its’ toll and he just wasnt’ willing to give up. I actually felt bad for Fed, even though I’m sick of him winning everything. He cried and then I really felt horrible.

60. 60
    eh Says:

love him, but i love fed too.

61. 61
    anna Says:

well earned win from RAFA! It was the tightest match ever, and I am so thrilled with the outcome. Such great tennis.

Thanks Jared! WE love Rafa!

62. 62
    Catherine Says:

They are both winner, is a fact ;)
    But Nadal is just amazing. I love the way he play, and today he show that he was the winner.

Este es el año de Rafa, es un Campeón.

63. 63
    vane Says:

woowww RAFA!!!!!…asi se hace!!! >>>orgullosa de ser española<<<!!!

por fin le ganaste a fereder!!……RAFA NADAL EL MEJOR!!!..

campeones de la EUROCOPA y campeones de WIMBLEDON!!!:::PODEMOS

64. 64
    Helena Says:

He deserved it. Federer and Nadal came across as humble people!

65. 65
    Orchid Says:

33 Nice @ 07/06/2008 at 6:07 pm

——-
    I like the way he dresses. He looks great! Better than Federer, imo.
    This win was not a fluke. He was in the last two finals, and he won the French Open. He is superb.

66. 66
    alina Says:

he’s a fantastic athlete and one hawt man. those arms!! swooon.

67. 67
    Awww Says:

John McEnroe said it was the best Wimbeldon final that he had ever seen

68. 68
    onmyown Says:

Between my shift @ TU and this match ! – It was heart pounding ! Back and forth swapping between the best tennis champs in my lifetime. Jesus Mary !!!!!!!!!!!

After Nadal’s win @ the French Open, I thought Fed would just destroy him. OMG Nadal was just awesome. He was just out for blood ! Nadal wasn’t going to give Federer his 6th win, which would be a historical moment @ Wimbledon and for Roger Fed. The expression in his face was was heartbreaking. I guess this is what my Dad (in his generation) would say – AGONY OF DEFEAT !

Just RAW TENNIS – spectacular back and forth swapping, and won by the slimmest margin ! True Grit !

OH WHAT A NIGHT ! Here’s to Rafa and Spain.

69. 69
    XxMANAxX Says:

What a bold statement from John McEnroe. He just said Rafael Nadal is # 1 in his view.

70. 70
    Orchid Says:

68 onmyown @ 07/06/2008 at 8:35 pm

——-
    RN won 33 games to RF’s 29. That’s good.
    I don’t like it when people win a tennis match having won less games than the loser (like 2-6, 7-6, 7-6, for example). Those are the rules, but I still don’t like it.

71. 71
    Africa Says:

Was there and saw Nadal defeating Federer. THAT WAS GR8!!!
    Enjoyed every single sec of the game and Nadal more than ever deserved to win. Today we had one of the best tennis games in recent history. Glad they got to play 5 sets but my heart rate was very high. Parabens Nadal!!
    His speech was very touching, he is just great and slowly will get to the throne.
    Well done boy, Deus te abencoe!!!

72. 72
    Hugo Says:

Amazing Match Nadl played amazing best final i have ever seen Congrats Rafa

73. 73
    not me Says:

Congratulations to William sisters for a great cme back year. They kept the American flag flying high there.

74. 74
    Megan Says:

GAH! roger should’ve won!
    i’m so upset :(!

75. 75
    betty10 Says:

i’m so happy rafa is great is the best vamos rafa and thank you

76. 76
    misshollywood Says:

more rafa nadal justjared!!!! he is sooooooo sexy!!! :-)

77. 77
    Ali Says:

bravo, bravo, bravo – what a beautiful spirit this guy has. Terrific game – really could have gone either way – but i think, in the end, Raffi deserved it, he fought soooo hard. Federer is an exquisite player, but the gods smiled on Raffi today. Bravo!!

78. 78
    Xool Says:

He should’ve taken his shirt off. It would’ve been the cherry on top of the cake. YUM! I wonder what he’s doing now? Probably thinking about me–his future wife. I wish! Go Rafa!

79. 79
    kristupa Says:

I am so happy Rafa win Wimbledon…otherwise I would have bad mood for several days…;P
    Vamos Rafa!!!

80. 80
    Eme Says:

RAFFFAAAA! Beautiful match. My eyes were watering… I couldn’t bare to look away. The intensity was phenomonal between them. Federer and Nadal are class acts on and off the court. Nadal’s win was well deserved. He’s so gracious and humble for his age…

This is only the beginning ;D

Thanks JJ for the pics! :D

81. 81
    Tracy Says:

Congrats Rafa!
    He’s so likeable and down to earth.
    I’m so proud of him! <3

82. 82
    Alexamber A Says:

CONGRATULATIONS TO NADAL!

What resolve for a 22 year old. Well deserved win!
    Feel disappointed for Roger, this win was very deserving of Nadal.
    Both are true gentlemen of the sport and where else to display such class as in Wimbledom.
    Such humility from him is amazing and he really touches my soul with it.

83. 83
    lala land Says:

Yaaa RAFA won !! finally someone differerent won like federer shouldnt be pisss off cos he won it like 5 times so he should share.

84. 84
    lala land Says:

85. 85
    Laura from Argentina Says:

I am a huge fan of Rafa and what he did was just outstanding!

Rafael is the best player in my heart and this victory is by far the sweetest ever!

I hope you guys in the US would acknowledge Rafa’s heart for the game

86. 86
    dina Says:

That was by far the greatest match I had ever seen in my whole life.
    I’m a staunch Rafa fan, but at the end of it, I was rooting for both players cause both deserved a victory in that great game.

87. 87
    Orchid Says:

78 Xool @ 07/06/2008 at 11:19 pm

——-
    :smile: Beat all the tennis groupies who are throwing themselves at him. Better go to his matches then! You never know.
    When I first saw him play, he reminded me of a flamenco dancer. That face, that hair and those eyes. That intensity.

88. 88
    Orchid Says:

Did you all see the interviews afterwards.
    RF was quite down, of course. When the interviewer asked RN what he thought about it getting dark late in the match, he said, “that last game, I didn’t see nothing!” :lol:

89. 89
    Orchid Says:

Oops, I forgot! Jared, thanks for the wonderful pictures!!!

90. 90
    Pepicah Says:

Ese Rafa!!!!
    Qué partido!!!!!
    Madre mia, 5 horas enganchada a la radio (lo ponian en uncanal de pago), pero valio la pena

Rafa esta que se sale.
    Haciendo historia.

Los espanoles estamos reviviendo los titulos en blanco y negro para reeditarlos en color!!! (Eurocopa, Wimbledon, Roland Garros). Nos falta el Tour y la armamos!!!

Lo unico que me da pena es que con el tenis de Rafa no sea n°1, porque se lo merece.

Ahora, a por el Open de Australia y el liderato!!!!!!!!!!!

PD: Roger, buen chaval y buena persona.

91. 91
    denise!! Says:

What a match! Tjey both played amazing! Well deserved win!

92. 92
    Alexamber A Says:

For Cliniqua,

I don’t post much but I have to say your posts are the most informative, entertaining, articulate, passionate and loyal.

Is quite shocking that some of the fans have turn against you, I cannot comprehend why? We all have our quirks, and I think some of us are adults to agree and disagree with you. You are what you are, that’s why your post are the most fesity and passionate.

Please, don’t let others keep you from fighting for the JP’s, I am sure is most welcome by some.

Thank you for your time.

MAY THE UNIVERSE GRANT YOU, THE FANS, AND ESPECIALLY THE JOLIE PITT’S CLAN ABUNDANCE, BLESSINGS AND LOVE.

Collectively,

AlexAmber

93. 93
    Maria Says:

Enorabuena Rafa te lo mereces por todo lo que has trabajadoo!!!!

I´m Spanish, and, I´m very happy for Rafa, he is very humility

C@r Says:

He is the best !!
    :) :)

viva España!! xdxd

96. 96
    sunshine Says:

Enhorabona Rafa! T’ho mereixes :)

97. 97
    Yes Says:

It was the best match ever!

Well Done Nadal :) :)

98. 98
    Mark Says:

Fantastic!

99. 99
    Dan from the PHILIPPINES Says:

I knew it was just a matter of time. Rafa has always been my favorite. I also like Roger Federer. Nothing bad about him. The only difference is that is more determined and hungrier because he is younger and World Number 2. I like his passion and persevearance. He deserved this fantastic win. Nevertheless, Federer deserves some credit also for defending the title with all his might. I don’t think this match would have been as great if one of them is not in the match. We want more of this pair up. Great players like them will always be remembered in the history of sports. More power Roger. Vamos Rafa!

100. 100
    Ally Says:

I’ve watched Wimbledon every year since I was a child and this was the best match I’ve ever seen. Congratulations to Nadal. Sad for Federer but well done to both for entertainment on a rainy Sunday in middle England.

101. 101
    Ryan Says:

I am a HUGE Roger Federer fan, but I still can appreciate what Nadal did. Congratulations to them both for giving us a match for the ages.

102. 102
    girl Says:

I hate this pompous git. F*** off Nadal.

103. 103
    Patricia Says:

Rafa is the BEST!!!
    He won to Federer and i´m sure that he will get to arrive to the number 1.
    The match was fantastic.

104. 104
    Roger Says:

what the ****?! man i don’t like rafa! i’v seen the match and
    it was a great game. Federer will take back his title on the
    next wimbledon! For real man!

105. 105
    Preggy-Jolie Says:

It was an amazing match had me on my seat

106. 106
    mona Says:

rafa is the besssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttt and he just took his portion!i belonged to him!!!!!!

107. 107
    fjonk Says:

I saw it. Beautiful match.
    There were sitting Gwen and Gavin in hall.
    Can’t believe that JustJared hasn’t posted any photo of them ;-)

108. 108
    fjonk Says:

ok sorry.i havent checked all articles before.
    apologize me :-D

109. 109
    danielle Says:

It was an awesome match…and he deserved to win!! He’s gorgeous and VERY talented! Vamos Rafa!!! ;)

110. 110
    Luis Lobo Says:

Im really very disappointed to see federer losing. I will never say that federer lost but will say that nadal won coz he covered up his weaknesss in such a way that roger couldn’t do anything.

Still Roger still rules tennis and will surely do a come back in the US open.

Its a unlucky year for Roger as he lost all the grand slams of this year. Its a bad patch for him.

I liner for Roger” Comon roger get on the gun”

You will surely win the next french.

111. 111
    Lawrence Says:

It was such an amazing match. Probably the best any of us will ever see in our lifetimes. So moving to watch those two work their asses off on the court that I had to write a song as tribute to them. Check out “The Ballad of Roger and Rafa” at http://www.myspace.com/lawrencedenes where you can hear it, download it for free, and watch the video. Thanks!!!

112. 112
    claudia Says:

RAFA NADAL el mejor
    ESPAÑA (Spain) los mejores en los deportes
    FUTBOL,TENNIS,BALONCESTO,FORMULA 1, CANICAS… xd
    =)

LO HEMOS DEMOSTRADO

113. 113
    sophiya Says:

Fantastic match! Either of them could have won….but Federer throws too many aces…its really boring to watch a tennis match with too many points won by aces….I think Nadal was the better player because he had to depend on his grounds strokes and agility more, not get free points because of 26 aces like Roger did….

but Federer was gracious in defeat..and Nadal, what can one say. he is as sweet a human being as he is good a tennnis player. Congratulations.

114. 114
    Baseball Guru Says:

I’m not a true tennis fan as you can tell by my name, but I can appreciate a true sports classic when it happens. Props to both Nadal and Federer for never saying die and fighting to the end. I was so moved by the display of sportsmanship, I even wrote a blog entry about it:

Let the conversation continue!

115. 115
    Steph x Says:

Well done Rafa!, im so glad he won it, i watched the match, so intense, spains year 2008, the Euro and now wimbledon, football and tennis what sport next?

Well done Rafa !.

116. 116
    hollywood1hugefan Says:

Congratulation

117. 117
    sazz Says:

I am a tennis fan. Watched Borg-McEnroe’s, Connors-McEnroe’s 1980′s matches and this was by far the best. A nailbiter. I was on the edge of my seat.

I both like Rafa and Roger. Though I’ve been rooting for Rafa to win it this time, especially after almost winning it last year. I guess, just got to a point that Federer winning the slams (except the French because Rafa wouldn’t let him, lol) that tennis became boring to me. No one was able to challenge Roger. Not even the great American hope, Andy Roddick…….not until Rafa. It made it more interesting. After this match, the media all over the world and the US especially, has given it more attention…. TENNIS is not dead. It’s been revived because of this 2 great players. Congratulations to both of them.

I also admire both’s graciousness and humility in defeat and winning.
    No arrogance. Novak Djokovic could learn from them. You can see that Roger and Rafa has great respect for each other. They might not comment negatively about Novak during interviews, but you can sense that Novak is not one of their favorite players (especially Roger). Rafa and Roger may be each other’s nemesis ON court, but OFF court is a different story. They are a CLASS ACT.

118. 118
    federerfan Says:

rafa sucks the courts slowed down in my book roger won far out its like rafa won another french open tennis in wimby is ruined who cares roger is gonna beat nadal next year that is if ur dearly beloved rafa makes it to the final…… i am happy coz roger won usopen 5 times so in ur face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what did nadal acheive uhhhh LOSING IN THE SEMIFNAL TO ANDY MUARRY HOW LOVELY FOR YOU ahahahaha i can see it now roger federer australian open champion roger federer french open champion roger federer wimbeldon champion roger federer us open champion sucked on that losers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

119. 119
    federerfan Says:

the surface was clay duhhhh the courts seriously 100% sure about tha u can tell by how high the ball bounces from this year compared to last year rafa sucks he will never win wimby congrats to roger for taking that loss like a champion and alos i congratlation him on winning his 5 th us open!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 us opens a 5wimbys that sounds cool :P

120. 120
    pie face Says:

Lol im in class searching for stuff!

121. 121
    pie face Says:

Lol im in class searching for stuff!