Rafael Nadal Wins Wimbledon 2008

Rafael Nadal Wins Wimbledon 2008

Rafael Nadal holds up the Wimbledon trophy after winning his first title on Sunday, ending Roger Federer‘s five-year reign. At four hours and 48 minutes, it was the longest final in Wimbledon history.

Nadal, 22, prevailed after winning two sets, losing two sets and then finally winning fifth match at 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-7 (8), 9-7. He became the first man to win the French Open (also against Federer) and Wimbledon in the same year since Bjorn Borg in 1980.

After his winning match point at Wimbledon, Nadal fell to the ground and started to cry. He then pulled himself together and ran up into the stands to hug his parents and his uncle/coach Toni Nadal. Touching moment.

¡FELICIDADES, NADAL!

FYI: Venus Williams defeated younger sister Serena in straight sets: 7–5, 6–4. Together, they dominated in doubles over Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur: 6–2, 6–2.

85+ pictures inside of Rafael Nadal winning Wimbledon 2008…

who won wimbledon rafael nadal 01

• Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All
misshollywood @ 07/06/2008 at 10:29 pm

more rafa nadal justjared!!!! he is sooooooo sexy!!! :-)

bravo, bravo, bravo – what a beautiful spirit this guy has. Terrific game – really could have gone either way – but i think, in the end, Raffi deserved it, he fought soooo hard. Federer is an exquisite player, but the gods smiled on Raffi today. Bravo!!

He should’ve taken his shirt off. It would’ve been the cherry on top of the cake. YUM! I wonder what he’s doing now? Probably thinking about me–his future wife. I wish! Go Rafa!

I am so happy Rafa win Wimbledon…otherwise I would have bad mood for several days…;P
Vamos Rafa!!!

RAFFFAAAA! Beautiful match. My eyes were watering… I couldn’t bare to look away. The intensity was phenomonal between them. Federer and Nadal are class acts on and off the court. Nadal’s win was well deserved. He’s so gracious and humble for his age…

This is only the beginning ;D

Thanks JJ for the pics! :D

Congrats Rafa!
He’s so likeable and down to earth.
I’m so proud of him! <3

Alexamber A @ 07/07/2008 at 12:33 am

CONGRATULATIONS TO NADAL!

What resolve for a 22 year old. Well deserved win!
Feel disappointed for Roger, this win was very deserving of Nadal.
Both are true gentlemen of the sport and where else to display such class as in Wimbledom.
Such humility from him is amazing and he really touches my soul with it.

lala land @ 07/07/2008 at 1:26 am

Yaaa RAFA won !! finally someone differerent won like federer shouldnt be pisss off cos he won it like 5 times so he should share.

lala land @ 07/07/2008 at 1:27 am

I am a huge fan of Rafa and what he did was just outstanding!

Rafael is the best player in my heart and this victory is by far the sweetest ever!

I hope you guys in the US would acknowledge Rafa’s heart for the game

That was by far the greatest match I had ever seen in my whole life.
I’m a staunch Rafa fan, but at the end of it, I was rooting for both players cause both deserved a victory in that great game.

78 Xool @ 07/06/2008 at 11:19 pm

——-
:smile: Beat all the tennis groupies who are throwing themselves at him. Better go to his matches then! You never know.
When I first saw him play, he reminded me of a flamenco dancer. That face, that hair and those eyes. That intensity.

Did you all see the interviews afterwards.
RF was quite down, of course. When the interviewer asked RN what he thought about it getting dark late in the match, he said, “that last game, I didn’t see nothing!” :lol:

Oops, I forgot! Jared, thanks for the wonderful pictures!!!

Ese Rafa!!!!
Qué partido!!!!!
Madre mia, 5 horas enganchada a la radio (lo ponian en uncanal de pago), pero valio la pena

Rafa esta que se sale.
Haciendo historia.

Los espanoles estamos reviviendo los titulos en blanco y negro para reeditarlos en color!!! (Eurocopa, Wimbledon, Roland Garros). Nos falta el Tour y la armamos!!!

Lo unico que me da pena es que con el tenis de Rafa no sea n°1, porque se lo merece.

Ahora, a por el Open de Australia y el liderato!!!!!!!!!!!

PD: Roger, buen chaval y buena persona.

What a match! Tjey both played amazing! Well deserved win!

Alexamber A @ 07/07/2008 at 3:53 am

For Cliniqua,

I don’t post much but I have to say your posts are the most informative, entertaining, articulate, passionate and loyal.

Is quite shocking that some of the fans have turn against you, I cannot comprehend why? We all have our quirks, and I think some of us are adults to agree and disagree with you. You are what you are, that’s why your post are the most fesity and passionate.

Please, don’t let others keep you from fighting for the JP’s, I am sure is most welcome by some.

Thank you for your time.

MAY THE UNIVERSE GRANT YOU, THE FANS, AND ESPECIALLY THE JOLIE PITT’S CLAN ABUNDANCE, BLESSINGS AND LOVE.

Collectively,

AlexAmber

Enorabuena Rafa te lo mereces por todo lo que has trabajadoo!!!!

I´m Spanish, and, I´m very happy for Rafa, he is very humility

Congratulation RAFA!!!!

VIVA ESPAÑA!!!!!!!!!!

zanessa forever @ 07/07/2008 at 4:40 am

ole Rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
te lo merecias!!!

ARRIBA ESPAÑA!

He is the best !!
:) :)

viva España!! xdxd

Enhorabona Rafa! T’ho mereixes :)

It was the best match ever!

Well Done Nadal :) :)

Dan from the PHILIPPINES @ 07/07/2008 at 6:18 am

I knew it was just a matter of time. Rafa has always been my favorite. I also like Roger Federer. Nothing bad about him. The only difference is that is more determined and hungrier because he is younger and World Number 2. I like his passion and persevearance. He deserved this fantastic win. Nevertheless, Federer deserves some credit also for defending the title with all his might. I don’t think this match would have been as great if one of them is not in the match. We want more of this pair up. Great players like them will always be remembered in the history of sports. More power Roger. Vamos Rafa!

I’ve watched Wimbledon every year since I was a child and this was the best match I’ve ever seen. Congratulations to Nadal. Sad for Federer but well done to both for entertainment on a rainy Sunday in middle England.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All