Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard

Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!

Photos: Evan Agostini/Getty
Posted to: Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino

Getty
  • Kylie Jenner flaunts cleavage in a sexy lace bra - US Weekly
  • Two models involved in car crash after attending Indy 500 - TMZ
  • Watch a So You Think You Can Dance highlight - Gossip Cop
  • Why is Kat McNamara known as "grandma"? - Just Jared Jr
  • Melissa McCarthy responds to Ghostbusters negativity - Radar
  • Justin Bieber complete Marky Mark transformation - Huffington Post
  • Here's the latest Game of Thrones scoop - Lainey Gossip
  • Katie Couric regrets misleading editing on gun documentary - The Hollywood Reporter
  • loveBPAJ

Brad got a Golden Globe and got a Oscar nomination. He is a very good actor.

• Lara

Brad Pitt is an okay actor but more popular for his personal life than anything else. Leo on the other hand is a fantastic actor who is much more respected as such in the industry than Brad.

I do hope this movie happens with the 2 of them in it though.

• Lara

Leo has gotten way more nominations and awards than Pitt. Because he is way better actor.

• sonia

just look how popular brad is , even people who claim not to like him fill up his thread in no time, i tell ya, the man is powerful, brad is still the man. hehehe

• vickifromtexas

leo and brad are both good actors. leo is famous for his personal life too. if he didn’t date a string of victoria secret models his name would be mentioned less as well.

• IMO

Leo is overrated and Brad is underrated. Brad is a fine actor. He should have had Oscar for Snatch and Babel. Brilliant performance in these two movies.

• angel

lara,i disagree with you,i think he is a very good actor,but because of his looks he is underestimated and overlooked,he is respected by people who know his worth

• TF

Paul has done a few not so great movies, but his acting skills are really good. He could pull off an Oscar worthy role… Flags of our Father… But obviously that’s not really his style. I believe he has done good things in the past and could do great things in the future.

• Orchid

18 LMAOOO @ 07/16/2008 at 1:16 pm Orchid @ 07/16/2008 at 1:09 pm
    ___________________________________________
    You Losers insult every movie that comes out but you act like a bunch of crazed stalkers for every JP project. It doesnt matter how bad it is of if its even a guarantee it’ll be made you say stupid a** sh*t like this weirdo above. you people are comical.
    ——-
    I like both Brad and Leo so, yes, I will definitely go see a movie with both of them in it. I hope it will be made. If that makes me a crazed stalker, great! I’m so tired of being a goody-two-shoes.
    I find you weird for coming here and showing what a resentful and unpleasant person you are.

• IMO

angel @ 07/16/2008 at 3:53 pm

+++++++++++++++++++
    ITA.

• IMO

Soderbergh compares Pitt to Steve McQueen, and that seems right: on top of Pitt’s looks, it’s the McQueen air of not-so-studied negligence that’s so attractive, the what-me-worry nonchalance, the centeredness, the at-homeness in his own skin. “I don’t think he gets credit for being as good as he is,” says Soderbergh. “In terms of movie-star performances, I thought he was as good in Snatch as McQueen ever was. It was a really star performance in the best sense of the word, absolutely riveting and charismatic, funny. If another actor had given that performance who didn’t look like Brad, it would have been talked about much more. I found him in Ocean’s 11 to be a really terrific actor, with really good instincts, a really good sense of timing, and an ease that I don’t think you can fake.”
    +++++++++++++++
    Love this quote.

• sonia

brad has staying power, he’s been around for a while, people trust brad in movies, he has that comfort shoe fill about him, brad makes hard things look easy, the studio heads trust that.

• Jaye

LMAOOO @ 07/16/2008 at 1:16 pm

Orchid @ 07/16/2008 at 1:09 pm That movie hasn’t even been made yet, but it goes on my must-see and must-buy-the-DVD list!
    ___________________________________________

You win the comedic prize LMAOOO. You didn’t come here to address the subject, you just stop by to ridicule others. That’s sad.
    With regard to the movie. I don’t see why Pitt shouldn’t do a good job since he has proven himself in other movies. I don’t know enough about Leo’s work personally, I just haven’t wanted to see any of his movies. No fault of his acting, I just don’t have the desire. But from what I have read about him, he is an actor of merit as well.

• angel

trolls are so desperate and stupid trying to play games here,we are not going to fall for your camparing games,i believe the trolls come from US WEEKLY BLOG since they can easily get to jj’s blog,because they have the same lame comments

• Passing Through

# 100 zahltjetzt @ 07/16/2008 at 2:41 pm

You trolls are late. This happened yesterday. If you’re going to try to cause trouble here…could you at least be timely about it?

• angel

bbl

• NO Leo

I hope Leo will not be in the movie. I don’t get his appeal whatsoever. He does nothing to me. Something about him turns me off.

• Passing Through

# 106 Paullover @ 07/16/2008 at 2:50 pm

Paul walker was up for this movie and he should have got it not Brad!

+++++++++++++++++

ROTFLMAO. Paul who? Who said he was ever up for the role? Tarantino only finished the script two weeks ago and he immediately came out and said he wanted Brad. So excuse me while I laugh at you and Paul Whoever…

• fyi2

Liars and more liars @ 07/16/2008 at 3:34 pm

Angie said she was taking time off while Brad will work after the twins birth. Angie has signed up for no new roles. TO BAD YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE TRUTH. THAT’S THE WAY YOU LIAR TROLLS OPERATE.

• bla blah

What happened to Pitt’s film with Mark Wahlberg??? Also what happened to making lesser films?? The kids need to be given equal amounts of attention.

• tabitha

OT I was looking at Jared’s latest threads. Hellan Mirran has got a great body for a 63 year old woman.

• fyi2

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 4:09 pm

Preach the truth. Paul Walker was NEVER up for this movie or this role.

Liar roaches just crawl out willy nilly.

• JA loves watersports

Leonardo DiCaprio Tipped For The Jew Hunter in Inglorious Bastards. Meh.
    Posted on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 at 11:37 am by: Hunter Stephenson

Hopefully, I’ll have a script review of Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Bastards in shortly. After marinating on it for a few days, I don’t feel that it’s the knock out of the park that’s been widely reported. One character vital to the script that suffers from weird incongruities is the main antagonist, Colonel Hans Landa aka “The Jew Hunter.” The trades now report that QT will be in talks this week with Leonardo DiCaprio for the role. Last week, Brad Pitt was said to be in talks for the lead role of Lieutenant Aldo Raine, an American soldier from Tennessee who is an out-and-out shitkicker and Nazi nightmare.

Below, I’m going to discuss the parts they’re up for, but it’s spoiler-free. Watch out for the comments, though.

Pitt’s casting would be spot on for the part. We’ve seen him go convincingly gruff and murderous in Fight Club, Se7en, and he can lay on a thick accent, as seen in A River Runs Through It. He’s the right age to play a leader and mythical father figure to his fellow squad of “Basterds.” But while I’m a fan of DiCaprio’s work, he’s just not right for The Jew Hunter, especially if he’s facing off with Pitt. All talent aside, this movie needs to veer away from pretty men. No offense, pretty men. Landa already borders on caricature on the page—he’s also not scary enough for the head ambitious Nazi doosh when the plot’s stakes go high—and while DiCaprio cleans up well and has the eugenics down, let’s face it: Pitt’s Aldo would squash DiCaprio’s Landa with his hands tied. Think the macho mismatch that was Bill the Butcher and DiCaprio’s Amsterdam in Gangs of New York, if Amsterdam rarely got his hands dirty.

These characters need to be equally deadly and even matched for the sake of creating nail biting, if pulpy, tension. DiCaprio would be fine (ironically enough) for the super powered world of Captain America, but anchoring the nastier side of a WWII juggernaut? Not so much. This is not a case where Brains vs Brawn will do the trick. I want to hate Landa’s guts and fear him, not wonder if my girlfriend is having a better time.

• Orchid

55 catherine @ 07/16/2008 at 1:52 pm

Quentin Tarantino desperately wants Brad Pitt. He flew to France to meet Brad. This doesn’t happen very often. Brad’s career is so hot.
    ——-
    You can say that again!
    I guess QT went to France because he knows Brad is busy admiring his new babies for a while. Also, QT gets to see Miraval and drink the wine.

• [☆I n F a m o u s☆]

did someone post pitt’s numbers to impress… lmaooo if so they failed. nothing impressive about his movie total.

oceans – clooney’s. w/ an entire cast of a-listed.
    mr & mrs smith – angelina jolie. who will was, is, and always will be a bigger star than her sperm-donor.

• alia

hi bampzsvkville :)

hope everyone’s having a great day!

this sounds like a great cast for a movie…i like Leo a lot, and Brad is a HOT daddy :lol:
    both amazing actors….

• Passing Through

# 122 Pitt after botox @ 07/16/2008 at 3:08 pm

+++++++++++++++++

ROTFLMBAO. Damn. You trolls are getting more ridiculous as the day goes on. Brad doesn’t have Botox in this picture, dipshit. Here’s a clue for you – HE’S FROWNING. When you’ve had Botox injections in your face you can’t frown. He is, however, wearing makeup. Hence the decreased appearance of the lines around his eyes.

Furthermore, do we need to have a lesson on the different kinds of lighting and how that affects what the camera picks up? Because, doofus, in your previous picture at post #120, Brad is sitting under florescent lights INSIDE. In the picture above, it was TAKEN AT NIGHT, OUTSIDE, WITH ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING. Therefore decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Duh.

• the incredible Edward!

Leo’s baby looks get in the way of his acting imo. Having said that, I think he is v. good in his last films.

Pitt always had talent… growing up and loosing the baby handsome looks allowed people to see that more clearly. He IS a very good actor, no matter what worshipers or haters say.

Now, what I am really worried about is Tarantino. Like others posted I don’t think he has done anything exceptional lately.

• LuckyL

Helena @ 07/16/2008 at 1:15 pm

Go Leo! I read the script and the role is very challening. And I mean VERY challenging. He’s called the Jew Hunter! Scary.

I know this subject will be swarmed with annoying Brangelina fans now, but are there any other Leo fans?
    ____________
    Why are you such a f****** idiot Helena? This is a Brad Pitt topic. Were you born this retarded or you’ve just gotten stupider over time?

• Passing Through

# 127 Regina @ 07/16/2008 at 3:14 pm

F_cktard. The script was leaked. That’s HOW I know (IMO) which role is better.

+++++++++++++++

The script was leaked, but have you read it? NO. And don’t even front.

• LuckyL

Lara @ 07/16/2008 at 3:48 pm

I do hope this movie happens with the 2 of them in it though.
    ________
    Can we not act like Leonardo wasn’t mocked for being an unbelievable and mediocre actor? He’s proved himself in recent films, but some of you have poor memories. The Departed and so on have recently saved his a**.

• bla blah

I found one of the Jolie haters’ videos: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tirW92vplsE

So they must all be fatass losers.

• Wow

So is Brad and Leo going for the same part.You Jennifer Aniston fans are in pain.

• To Jaye

Jaye @ 07/16/2008 at 4:02 pm LMAOOO @ 07/16/2008 at 1:16 pm

___________________________________________

________________________________

WTF! Who are you!!! You Dont know enough about leo’s work?? What country are you from, what actor other can Brad do you like??? First you dont like bale and havent seen any of his work now leo also!? Do you watch anything other can Brad Pitt movies? You just started coming on here and all you do is come across and a Jill & PT wannabe! Go to Block Buster and Shut it!

• Passing Through

# 127 Regina @ 07/16/2008 at 3:14 pm

F_cktard. The script was leaked. That’s HOW I know (IMO) which role is better.

+++++++++++++++

Oh yeah, dipshit…I forgot to say…the leader of the pack is NEVER the “best role” in these ensemble pieces. THE SMALLER CHARACTER ROLES ARE. That’s why they’re called “character” roles…cuz they’re characters, as in oddballs/colorful. Duh. Ever seen The Dirty Dozen? Lee Marvin’s the leader, but it’s not the attention-getting role. Ever seen “The Great Escape”? Richard Attenborough is the lead…but it ain’t the attention getting role. Ever seen Where Eagles Dare? Richard Burton’s the leader…but it ain’t the attention getting role. It is, however, THE LEAD ROLE. Word.

• hmmmmmm

@ JA loves watersports @ 07/16/2008 at 4:18 pm

Leonardo DiCaprio Tipped For The Jew Hunter in Inglorious ********. Meh.
    Posted on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 at 11:37 am by: Hunter Stephenson

Hopefully, I’ll have a script review of Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious ******** in shortly. After marinating on it for a few days, I don’t feel that it’s the knock out of the park that’s been widely reported. One character vital to the script that suffers from weird incongruities is the main antagonist, Colonel Hans Landa aka “The Jew Hunter.” The trades now report that QT will be in talks this week with Leonardo DiCaprio for the role. Last week, Brad Pitt was said to be in talks for the lead role of Lieutenant Aldo Raine, an American soldier from Tennessee who is an out-and-out shitkicker and Nazi nightmare.

Pitt’s casting would be spot on for the part. We’ve seen him go convincingly gruff and murderous in Fight Club, Se7en, and he can lay on a thick accent, as seen in A River Runs Through It. He’s the right age to play a leader and mythical father figure to his fellow squad of “********.” But while I’m a fan of DiCaprio’s work, he’s just not right for The Jew Hunter, especially if he’s facing off with Pitt. All talent aside, this movie needs to veer away from pretty men. No offense, pretty men. Landa already borders on caricature on the page—he’s also not scary enough for the head ambitious Nazi doosh when the plot’s stakes go high—and while DiCaprio cleans up well and has the eugenics down, let’s face it: Pitt’s Aldo would squash DiCaprio’s Landa with his hands tied. Think the macho mismatch that was Bill the Butcher and DiCaprio’s Amsterdam in Gangs of New York, if Amsterdam rarely got his hands dirty.

++++++++++++++++++++++
    Brad will rip Leo on the screen for sure.

• Ironic

Ironic, the name of h is movie is what 3 of his children are legally.

• Passing Through

# 133 ThatGirl @ 07/16/2008 at 3:16 pm

ROTFLMAO. Looky everyone, another troll that’s “read” the script. Maybe she borrowed Regina’s copy? Oh wait…she IS Regina…

• bla blah

I found one of the Jolie haters’ videos: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tirW92vplsE

So they must all be fatass losers. The fatass in this video scares me.. He needs mental help.

• Jaye

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 3:11 pm

# 78 jesuswearstennisshoes @ 07/16/2008 at 2:12 pm

Does anyone know if Orkin makes internet house calls? Jared needs an exterminator for all the vermin that’s coming out of the woodwork.
    —————
    I’ve only been posting on here a few months, but I’m almost overwhelmed with gnats.

• Passing Through

# 146 to ignorant Billy Bob @ 07/16/2008 at 3:38 pm

Why are so many poorly educated people in this thread???

+++++++++++++++

Scary ain’t it?

• the incredible Edward!

groundcontrol @ 07/16/2008 at 2:25 pm Brad and Leo will be great. Maybe Leo will be his new Ed Norton.

Wash your mouth with soap before you talk about the incredible edward! He has more class and talent in his toe than Leo could ever dream about! Humph!

• Millions

20million for Brad

• Passing Through

# 156 IMO @ 07/16/2008 at 3:52 pm

+++++++++++++++++

I concur. I put Leo in the same category as Depp – he ain’t all that and a bag of chips. Besides…I’m still holding “Titanic” against him. I realize Leo hates that he did the movie, but that doesn’t absolve him of cashing the check. Which, for my money, is all he did in that movie – show up and cash the check…for 3 of the longest fcuking hours of my life that I’ll NEVER get back. But I’m not bitter…

• Jaye

NO Leo @ 07/16/2008 at 4:08 pm

———–
    It’s the look that he has that says ‘ i’m all that’. That’s what turns you off. I think “Titanic” went to his head and it just kept swelling. lol.

• Orchid

95 rossy40 @ 07/16/2008 at 2:34 pm

If you don’t like somebody, ignore them & go somewhere else.
    ——-
    I must have said this dozens of times to these naysayers, but it doesn’t seem to register. There must be something wrong with them.

• Passing Through

# 167 NO Leo @ 07/16/2008 at 4:08 pm

+++++++++++++++

I hear ya. I think it’s the pervstache that he’s always trying to rock. That and the greasy hair. To steal from MK – he looks like a “child toucher” to me…

• Passing Through

# 172 fyi2 @ 07/16/2008 at 4:16 pm

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 4:09 pm

Preach the truth. Paul Walker was NEVER up for this movie or this role.

Liar roaches just crawl out willy nilly.

+++++++++++++++++

Truthfully I didn’t even know who he was until I looked him up in the IMDB. To me he’s just “that guy who was in The Fast & TheFurious with BigGayVinnie.”

• Orchid

101 WOW @ 07/16/2008 at 2:42 pm

i have blood diamond and the departed DVDs i like Leo but the haters had to pounce on this Brad thread using Leo as an excuse just to start trouble like always.
    I think having Brad and Leo in one movie will be a win /win situation.
    but i love Brad best.
    ——-
    I do too! I hope this QT movie will be made and then we can see and buy the DVD! :smile:

• Marieme

This is totally rad! I’ve always thought a Tarantino-Pitt combination would be the coolest thing. I’m so glad it’s finally happening! Awesome! Brad is really coming out as an actor. He is taking challenges and having fun. Can his life get any better. Love him!