Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard

Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 822 » Show All

i have blood diamond and the departed DVDs i like Leo but the haters had to pounce on this Brad thread using Leo as an excuse just to start trouble like always.
I think having Brad and Leo in one movie will be a win /win situation.
but i love Brad best

hottest couple ever @ 07/16/2008 at 2:45 pm

besane @ 07/16/2008 at 1:49 pm Both professionally and personally, Brad’s life got much better by 10 fold. Angelina has been the greatest inspiration. Their children make Brad’s life whole. What an all-around upgrade from just a few years ago! Congrats Brad!!!
—————————————————————-
I agree 100%

But what happened to his Mark Wahlberg movie he was gonna be filming in the Fall??

Quote about Brad @ 07/16/2008 at 2:47 pm

Soderbergh compares Pitt to Steve McQueen, and that seems right: on top of Pitt’s looks, it’s the McQueen air of not-so-studied negligence that’s so attractive, the what-me-worry nonchalance, the centeredness, the at-homeness in his own skin. “I don’t think he gets credit for being as good as he is,” says Soderbergh. “In terms of movie-star performances, I thought he was as good in Snatch as McQueen ever was. It was a really star performance in the best sense of the word, absolutely riveting and charismatic, funny. If another actor had given that performance who didn’t look like Brad, it would have been talked about much more. I found him in Ocean’s 11 to be a really terrific actor, with really good instincts, a really good sense of timing, and an ease that I don’t think you can fake.”

Leo said in one interview he was glad the days where the mini van used to follow him for his looks are gone.

Paullover @ 07/16/2008 at 2:50 pm

Paul walker was up for this movie and he should have got it not Brad!

Quote about Brad @ 07/16/2008 at 2:50 pm

“He’s gotten away with it because you can’t take your eyes off him,” says Akiva Goldsman, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of A Beautiful Mind and producer of Mr. And Mrs. Smith. “The feeling Brad conveys on-screen is that you’re sharing a secret. There’s this humor that is like grace, that says, ‘I’m watching the world the way you are.’ The finest actors convey that on-screen.”

Quote about Brad @ 07/16/2008 at 2:53 pm

“Brad Pitt is one of those people who transcends box-office success and the failures of his movies; he’s box-office impervious,” says Doug Liman. “We all love him—all of America. We don’t all want to go see some of the movies he chooses to make, because he makes bold choices, but he’s trying to push himself.”

# 87 TF @ 07/16/2008 at 2:18 pm
*********************************
I agree, but I have to admit I’ve only seen Leo in The Departed. I thought he did a wonderful job. I’ve seen most of the movies you listed for Brad and I think he’s the whole package as an actor.

# 95 rossy40 @ 07/16/2008 at 2:34 pm
**********************************
Love your post!!!! Excellent!!!
_

Quote about Brad @ 07/16/2008 at 2:55 pm

“He doesn’t care what he looks like, doesn’t care what people think about the part,” says Steven Soderbergh, who directed Pitt in the upcoming Ocean’s 11. “I don’t think there’s anybody of that stature who even comes close to taking the risks that he’s taken. He’s absolutely fearless.”

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 2:55 pm

# 1 [☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 07/16/2008 at 12:54 pm

leo will make him look bad.

+++++++++++++

Brad has held his own with actors better than Leo. Then again…Leo ain’t no De Niro or Day-Lewis….

BRAD AND LEO YUM

RealityCheck @ 07/16/2008 at 2:57 pm

Does this mean the kids will have to travel with Brad to Germany and follow him from set to set? She just delivered, for God’s sake! Poor kids. Poor Pitt – Jolies. Having a nine-to-five desk job seems like a more peaceful and stable alternative to Hollywood.

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 2:59 pm

# 20 Regina @ 07/16/2008 at 1:18 pm

# 21 No comparison @ 07/16/2008 at 1:22 pm

+++++++++++++

And how do either of you Rhodes Scholars know which is the better role? Only a handful of people have read the script and there’s no way in hell you’re one of them. Notice I didn’t say “either of you”…cuz I think we all know these posts were written by the same person. The lengths you trolls go to to make it seem like there are more than 1 or 2 of you cracks me up. Sybil had 16 personalities but when she died she only died once. Write that down. We’ll be quizzing you later.

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 3:02 pm

# 27 Honestly @ 07/16/2008 at 1:27 pm

We all know the Brangelina fans will come here and start bashing Leo

+++++++++++++++++

ROTFLMAO! This is BRAD’S THREAD! Of course The “Brangelina fans will come here”! You dumb fcuker!

This is pretty said, but…I swear the trolls of last year were smarter than the most recent crop of losers…not that that’s a compliment…

Brad and Leo, wonderful!!!

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 3:07 pm

# 36 WOW @ 07/16/2008 at 1:33 pm

# 38 jayla @ 07/16/2008 at 1:34 pm

+++++++++++++

Ummm…why are you guys congratulating Brad? No one has said he’s doing this movie. Just that Tarantino went to France to see if he could talk him into it. Brad is supposed to start shooting “The Fighter” in October. I could be wrong, but I doubt he’ll dump a second Aronofsky project after what happened with “The Fountain”.

Finally, I agree with you. I think that Brad has always wanted to do something else than movies in which he looks nice. More so now, that he has made enough and has taken on different roles besides acting, and not only in show bussiness.
I like Leo too. I liked his work since he was in his teens.
Even if they are blonde and more or less the same “type”, their appeal is different and I cannot compare, I’d go watch a good Leo movie and the same goes for Brad.
I love that Brad goes for drama and comedy too, that he chooses work in different ranges, and is not afraid of acting “weird” or ugly in a movie.

Good for Tarantino, he is not my favorite director, but I like his casting choices and I was impressed by pulp fiction, I had never seen a movie like that before (action movie fan, not gore and horror here) I have to see the Kill Bill movies yet.

Why is there even a Brad vs. Leo debate here? My goodness, why does one have to compare to the other? They are both good actors and they will probably do well together on screen.

Both of them have taken on such different roles throughout their careers that I don’t understand the comparisons you are all giving. Is it necessary to have to claim one is more superior than the other?

Take it as it is- 2 good actors possibly working together. I think it will be a quite interesting combination of actors.

I don’t get it. Why is it that it’s always the same actors getting all these roles. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. I’m kind of sick of seeing them. I do not think that they’re all that great. They always play the same kind of characters, so predictable. I would really like to see Jude Law getting some of these roles. He is by far much more attractive (desirable) with more charisma, and he can play different type of characters.

Just my 2 canadian cents.

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 3:11 pm

# 78 jesuswearstennisshoes @ 07/16/2008 at 2:12 pm

Does anyone know if Orkin makes internet house calls? Jared needs an exterminator for all the vermin that’s coming out of the woodwork.

God, keep blessing and watching over the Jolie-Pitt family.

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 822 » Show All