Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard

Brad Pitt is an Inglorious Bastard

Brad Pitt met with director Quentin Tarantino in France on Tuesday to secure Pitt to play the key role of Aldo Raine in Inglorious Bastards, reports Variety.

Tarantino also plans to meet Leonardo DiCaprio on Thursday to play another lead role, Hans Landa.

Inglorious Bastards will shoot this fall in Germany and also in France, where Brad, partner Angelina Jolie, and their six kids have been residing.

Brad Pitt AND Leonardo DiCaprio? SOLD!

ABC

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1022 » Show All

Brad got a Golden Globe and got a Oscar nomination. He is a very good actor.

Brad Pitt is an okay actor but more popular for his personal life than anything else. Leo on the other hand is a fantastic actor who is much more respected as such in the industry than Brad.

I do hope this movie happens with the 2 of them in it though.

Leo has gotten way more nominations and awards than Pitt. Because he is way better actor.

just look how popular brad is , even people who claim not to like him fill up his thread in no time, i tell ya, the man is powerful, brad is still the man. hehehe

vickifromtexas @ 07/16/2008 at 3:51 pm

leo and brad are both good actors. leo is famous for his personal life too. if he didn’t date a string of victoria secret models his name would be mentioned less as well.

Leo is overrated and Brad is underrated. Brad is a fine actor. He should have had Oscar for Snatch and Babel. Brilliant performance in these two movies.

lara,i disagree with you,i think he is a very good actor,but because of his looks he is underestimated and overlooked,he is respected by people who know his worth

Paul has done a few not so great movies, but his acting skills are really good. He could pull off an Oscar worthy role… Flags of our Father… But obviously that’s not really his style. I believe he has done good things in the past and could do great things in the future.

18 LMAOOO @ 07/16/2008 at 1:16 pm Orchid @ 07/16/2008 at 1:09 pm
___________________________________________
You Losers insult every movie that comes out but you act like a bunch of crazed stalkers for every JP project. It doesnt matter how bad it is of if its even a guarantee it’ll be made you say stupid a** sh*t like this weirdo above. you people are comical.
——-
I like both Brad and Leo so, yes, I will definitely go see a movie with both of them in it. I hope it will be made. If that makes me a crazed stalker, great! I’m so tired of being a goody-two-shoes.
I find you weird for coming here and showing what a resentful and unpleasant person you are.

angel @ 07/16/2008 at 3:53 pm

+++++++++++++++++++
ITA.

Soderbergh compares Pitt to Steve McQueen, and that seems right: on top of Pitt’s looks, it’s the McQueen air of not-so-studied negligence that’s so attractive, the what-me-worry nonchalance, the centeredness, the at-homeness in his own skin. “I don’t think he gets credit for being as good as he is,” says Soderbergh. “In terms of movie-star performances, I thought he was as good in Snatch as McQueen ever was. It was a really star performance in the best sense of the word, absolutely riveting and charismatic, funny. If another actor had given that performance who didn’t look like Brad, it would have been talked about much more. I found him in Ocean’s 11 to be a really terrific actor, with really good instincts, a really good sense of timing, and an ease that I don’t think you can fake.”
+++++++++++++++
Love this quote.

brad has staying power, he’s been around for a while, people trust brad in movies, he has that comfort shoe fill about him, brad makes hard things look easy, the studio heads trust that.

LMAOOO @ 07/16/2008 at 1:16 pm

Orchid @ 07/16/2008 at 1:09 pm That movie hasn’t even been made yet, but it goes on my must-see and must-buy-the-DVD list!
___________________________________________

You win the comedic prize LMAOOO. You didn’t come here to address the subject, you just stop by to ridicule others. That’s sad.
With regard to the movie. I don’t see why Pitt shouldn’t do a good job since he has proven himself in other movies. I don’t know enough about Leo’s work personally, I just haven’t wanted to see any of his movies. No fault of his acting, I just don’t have the desire. But from what I have read about him, he is an actor of merit as well.

trolls are so desperate and stupid trying to play games here,we are not going to fall for your camparing games,i believe the trolls come from US WEEKLY BLOG since they can easily get to jj’s blog,because they have the same lame comments

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 4:04 pm

# 100 zahltjetzt @ 07/16/2008 at 2:41 pm

You trolls are late. This happened yesterday. If you’re going to try to cause trouble here…could you at least be timely about it?

I hope Leo will not be in the movie. I don’t get his appeal whatsoever. He does nothing to me. Something about him turns me off.

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 4:09 pm

# 106 Paullover @ 07/16/2008 at 2:50 pm

Paul walker was up for this movie and he should have got it not Brad!

+++++++++++++++++

ROTFLMAO. Paul who? Who said he was ever up for the role? Tarantino only finished the script two weeks ago and he immediately came out and said he wanted Brad. So excuse me while I laugh at you and Paul Whoever…

Liars and more liars @ 07/16/2008 at 3:34 pm

Angie said she was taking time off while Brad will work after the twins birth. Angie has signed up for no new roles. TO BAD YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE TRUTH. THAT’S THE WAY YOU LIAR TROLLS OPERATE.

What happened to Pitt’s film with Mark Wahlberg??? Also what happened to making lesser films?? The kids need to be given equal amounts of attention.

OT I was looking at Jared’s latest threads. Hellan Mirran has got a great body for a 63 year old woman.

Passing Through @ 07/16/2008 at 4:09 pm

Preach the truth. Paul Walker was NEVER up for this movie or this role.

Liar roaches just crawl out willy nilly.

JA loves watersports @ 07/16/2008 at 4:18 pm

Leonardo DiCaprio Tipped For The Jew Hunter in Inglorious ********. Meh.
Posted on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 at 11:37 am by: Hunter Stephenson

Hopefully, I’ll have a script review of Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious ******** in shortly. After marinating on it for a few days, I don’t feel that it’s the knock out of the park that’s been widely reported. One character vital to the script that suffers from weird incongruities is the main antagonist, Colonel Hans Landa aka “The Jew Hunter.” The trades now report that QT will be in talks this week with Leonardo DiCaprio for the role. Last week, Brad Pitt was said to be in talks for the lead role of Lieutenant Aldo Raine, an American soldier from Tennessee who is an out-and-out shitkicker and Nazi nightmare.

Below, I’m going to discuss the parts they’re up for, but it’s spoiler-free. Watch out for the comments, though.

Pitt’s casting would be spot on for the part. We’ve seen him go convincingly gruff and murderous in Fight Club, Se7en, and he can lay on a thick accent, as seen in A River Runs Through It. He’s the right age to play a leader and mythical father figure to his fellow squad of “********.” But while I’m a fan of DiCaprio’s work, he’s just not right for The Jew Hunter, especially if he’s facing off with Pitt. All talent aside, this movie needs to veer away from pretty men. No offense, pretty men. Landa already borders on caricature on the page—he’s also not scary enough for the head ambitious Nazi doosh when the plot’s stakes go high—and while DiCaprio cleans up well and has the eugenics down, let’s face it: Pitt’s Aldo would squash DiCaprio’s Landa with his hands tied. Think the macho mismatch that was Bill the Butcher and DiCaprio’s Amsterdam in Gangs of New York, if Amsterdam rarely got his hands dirty.

These characters need to be equally deadly and even matched for the sake of creating nail biting, if pulpy, tension. DiCaprio would be fine (ironically enough) for the super powered world of Captain America, but anchoring the nastier side of a WWII juggernaut? Not so much. This is not a case where Brains vs Brawn will do the trick. I want to hate Landa’s guts and fear him, not wonder if my girlfriend is having a better time.

55 catherine @ 07/16/2008 at 1:52 pm

Quentin Tarantino desperately wants Brad Pitt. He flew to France to meet Brad. This doesn’t happen very often. Brad’s career is so hot.
——-
You can say that again!
I guess QT went to France because he knows Brad is busy admiring his new babies for a while. Also, QT gets to see Miraval and drink the wine.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 07/16/2008 at 4:20 pm

did someone post pitt’s numbers to impress… lmaooo if so they failed. nothing impressive about his movie total.

oceans – clooney’s. w/ an entire cast of a-listed.
mr & mrs smith – angelina jolie. who will was, is, and always will be a bigger star than her sperm-donor.

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1022 » Show All