Penelope Cruz - "W Magazine" August 2008

Penelope Cruz -

Penelope Cruz is the sultry Spanish star who finally gets some respect in Hollywood thanks to a string of high-profile roles. The 34-year-old actress takes the August 2008 cover of W Magazine.

On avoiding celebrity gossip: “I try not to go on the Internet and read about myself. It’s a guaranteed way to get angry for no reason. You start looking at yourself from the outside, from the wrong place. And everything is out of proportion. The good things, the bad things—everything. I think it’s disgusting. It’s dangerous and nasty, and bad for our society in so many ways. And it’s getting worse every day. It affects me directly, but I really believe that this culture of gossip affects our society on a much deeper level, on an ethical level. It’s what kids see and hear every day, and it will affect future generations in ways that we cannot even imagine.”

On never dishing out any personal revelations in the press: “I never talk about my private life to journalists. Never. I have a total right to protect it, and I never mess with that.”

On rumored boyfriend Javier Bardem: “I think he’s the best actor alive. I think he has an amazing talent.”

Read the full article at WMagazine.com.

Ethan Miller/Getty

She has always been one of my favorite actresses, and I think it is good she doesn’t read all of the gossip. She really doesn’t need too.

shes beautiful!!

gorgeous! @ 07/17/2008 at 2:29 am

Love her!

chilly_powder @ 07/17/2008 at 3:09 am

she’s so beautiful!

Me gusta. Como actriz la veo a veces con una cierta afectación. Esa afectación que tenian algunos actores esapañoles, que mi abuela llmaba los de madrid, y que tanto le gustaban

nikomilinko @ 07/17/2008 at 3:53 am

i like her, but her boyfriend is an idiot

Absolutely stunning cover

remember da truth @ 07/17/2008 at 4:27 am

She is extraordinary — her talent, her intelligence, and her beauty.

She is right that the nastiness in blogs like this one tear at the fabric of polite society. People feel they have the right to attack others, simply because of their own insecurities or problems. It seeps over into real life when you have idiots saying things like “I can attack celebs because they deserve it”. Why do they deserve it? Because they have what you want? That is a dangerous, slippery slope, and leads to a culture of anger, envy, and disrespect for other people.

Because she so wise beyond her years, you forget that she is only 34
She is very natural, down to earth, and very beautiful and doesn’t take anything to her head
its very rare to see normal actresses in hollywood these days
Penelope rules!

She is really sexy!!! I have ever seen her hot video at ‘ric h ki ss. c om’ that is a cele brity d ating site for we althy or se xy singles. She is really hot with bikini in that video. You will know how passionate it is after seening it!

so much photoshop, she is a normal beautiful, nothing special and besides that i dont like her as an actress, I prefer charlize theron she is really an amazing actress and sooo beautiful.

She’s not beautiful, normal looking, there are a lot of spanish actress more prettier than her and she really talk bad in english!!

yeah there are a lot of spanish actress so much beautiful than penelope like paz vega or leonor walting for example.

Don’t agree at all with some comments, I am Spanish I know as many spanish people her trajectory (or whatever you may spell it) she is not talented at all, of course she is getting better and better due to the experience but she is there due to bed exchanging reasons. If you see that person in the street she is normal and common kind of a gipsy looking her boyfriend is talented as an actor he has it in his vains, she was with him before but it was not until he has reached hollywood when she went back with him after many many bed sheets. To those ones who do not accept a critic I would say that this is a public forum and that I am entitled to say what I think as they are, and I don’t have any reasons to be jelous or insecure at all to say waht in my opinion is true. Apart form that, that photo is a tipical one from her (by the way with a nose job) same make up as usual same pose and ALWAYS COPYING Audrey Herpbrun that is be insecure.

Wow, is this the first time someone has survived W’s fugly photoshopping? She may be photoshopped, but this magazine always has a habit of making beautiful actresses looking horrid (Keira Knightley, Cate Blanchett, Cameron Diaz). Charlize Theron looked great last month, though, actually.

Maybe they sacked the photoshopper because of her jealousy.

Oh and I forgot Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman. What the hell was that all about?

Anonymous @ 07/17/2008 at 9:41 am

uh….she looks stunning. Every magazine photo shops its cover to achieve perfection..but let’s admit something..you can’t make an ugly person beautiful..you can enhance their pics yes…but Penelope is already a stunning looking woman…
I must say I prefer her in her native Spanish films, because when she starts talking in English, it’s hard to buy her characters.

i loove her eyes and lips (:

The internet provides a medium for peole to speak their words without getting burned at the steak or beheaded. People are used to being farmed for their manual labor and finances. They are not used to honing themselves to their highest denomenator. All these people in entertainment wanted attention so bad many do anything to get it. They just get tired of all the attention after a while. It’s like over eating. Gossip does not have to be bad and it is not al bad; it is everything you want. Maybe when people realize how much their words matter, they will choose other words. It does feel good getting plunged into bliss just by virture of saying good things.

Don Corleone @ 07/17/2008 at 11:40 am

#16 Penelope has never had a nose job. Spanish people are (mostly) stupid so I can see them trying to put down one of the best actresses they have. Penelope wasn’t always a good actress, but she is now and that’s totally what matters, and she’s a natural beauty. Me cago en los Españoles siempre con sus estupidas envidias.

Don Corleone kiss my ass

#23 hahahaha totaly true!!! Esta gente esta brutal. I think she is great and she is also very beautiful. Sometimes is how you look what matters the most. Anyway que quede claro q los latinos posan donde quiera y como sea :)

She’s gorgeous.

LOL@ me

gypsy looking??!!

you wish you were spanish JA!

and i met her and she IS beautiful.

Beautiful cover pic:)

and all the others with Penelope

that’s one spanish I wouldn’t mind meeting:))))))

#23 y #25 vosotros si k sois idiotas pero del todo, tendreis k venir y conocer gente española los mejores sin duda esta tia no nos representa para nada, en españa ay chicas muchisimo mas guapas k penelope pero muchisimo, asik k os den por el culo mojones!!!!!

art8fashion @ 07/17/2008 at 8:45 pm

Interesting, when I hear Antonio Bandera’s and Salma H. accents in movies, I don’t even give it a second thought. Love them. But when I hear Penelope speak, I just cannot understand her and it is so distracting it throws me out of the scene/picture.

Peace

Florecilla @ 07/19/2008 at 3:35 pm

No creo que Penelope represente nada lo digo por ti ke te haces llamar Flower?
La tia se lo ha currao desde hace mucho y todos los exitos que esta teniendo solo son de ella no de representar a nadie¿te enteras?
en España hay chicas mas guapas que ella ¿no?pero sin una pizca de talento a la vista esta…no te jode!