American Idol's David Domination Continues

American Idol's David Domination Continues

American Idol champ David Cook lugs around his football, guitar and yoga mat while passing through LAX airport in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

Runner-up David Archuleta arrived with his manager father Jeff. He just blogged why he’s in town, saying, “I’m in L.A. for the time we have off right now and have had a couple of meetings involving the album, which were fun. Our next show is in St. Louis, and I’m pretty sure I’ve never been there so it should be fun to see the big arch there haha. Anyway I’ll try to get that blog up, even though it’s not fancy or anything haha, so you guys can at least see it soon.

“Oh one more thing. On So You Think You Can Dance, a couple named Katee and Will danced to my performance “Imagine.” I thought that was way cool! Haha. They did awesome. I feel… Like honored lol. Ok sorry i’m out of it right now so have a good night everyone.”

Watch that performance below!

Katee Shean and Will Wingfield Perform a “Pas de Deux” duet
Song: “Imagine” by David Archuleta

david cook david archuleta 01
david cook david archuleta 02
david cook david archuleta 03
david cook david archuleta 04
david cook david archuleta 05
david cook david archuleta 06
david cook david archuleta 07
david cook david archuleta 08

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

I was really surprised they used his performance of the song to dance too, but it really was one of the best performances this week on So You Think You Can Dance. These two are two of the best this season.

HONESTLY WHO GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THEM?! THEY ARE NOTHING SPECIAL!

daniel mmmm. @ 07/18/2008 at 2:54 am

david archuletas song rocks!!!!!

Davids are both good

The magazine HOLLYWOOD GOSSIP reported David C is dating beautiful girls on a club called ‘ri ch ki ss.c om’ these days. He uploaded some hot pictures there and wants to find his sweetheart.

I was annoyed that he didnt sing the whole song. I don’t give a f**k what your religious beliefs are; don’t ruin a song. Half the meaning was taken out of it. If he was so offended by John Lennon’s anti-religious lyrics, he should have stayed away from the song.

During his SLC performance of When You Say You Love Me, Archie cried and thanked his fans in Utah. It was a very touching moment. He thanked everyone for voting for him. He then said everyone give Cook a big Utah welcome and they did. Utah loves all the idol contestants, but that song was very touching because at the end Archie cried and said “Look at what you made me do” or something to that effect.

Check out the link on my name to the youtube video of that.

There is another video where there is a close up of Archie tearing up…very touching.

…oh and I loved the Will/Katee performance on SYTYCD. Beautiful dance danced to a very beautiful song it was a dance that captured the beauty of both dance and song.

…oh Cook is cool two.

Jesse if you don’t don’t want nothing to do with these ‘two’ as you wrote…then why even come here and read and post?

Hit my name and there is a link of Archie up close during WYSYLM on the big screen where he cries and thanks his fans for giving him the chance to do what he loves – which is sing.

He and Cook are both very special peeps IMO.

Very touching…a must see.

ThIS video is the SECOND video upclose.

Thanks for the article, JUSTJARD.

They are both fantastic! Wish them much success.

Lily,Just for your information, David HAS sung the whole song before. The version you heard on SYTYCD was the live version from Idol where contestants can only sing for 90 seconds so David could only sing one verse. I invite you to chill.

crazyshark22 @ 07/18/2008 at 10:10 am

I love Archuleta..he’s a top tier male vocalist

This dance is great! I love David Archuleta’s “Imagine” too. Such a perfect combination!

archie fan @ 07/18/2008 at 10:48 am

To RS, well said. I’m glad you set the record straight with Lily.

I’m so glad they chose David Archuleta’s rendition of “Imagine.” David A. sang the song beautifully and the dancers were very good. I wish them all the best.

No..I wouldn’t say Archuleta is to top mail vocalist..He did not win, but is doing well. David Cook brings a different style from what American Idol is use to and that is what America wants..Ballads are great but not as a steady diet so both Davids bring good to the industry. There are 2 other teens who are ranked higher in talent than Archulet aand are making their way fast..Charice and Delcan..Delcan has the voice of an angel..Listen to “Tell me Why”..it is just not good to put anyone over the other when there will always be someone better, but look at the personality and David Cook is gracious and humble and wears the title well. David Archuleta is a good kid who is also humble. I believe both albums will do well in their genre but to keep these guys in constant competition is unreal and takes away from the talent they have and this speaks for all the idol, all are good and do not deserve to be in constant competition when the show is over and the winner should be just that..”the winner’

i like both of them but in the pics Cook look kinda fat!! sorry

beckalee87 @ 07/18/2008 at 11:49 am

Cook winning doesn’t mean he’s a better vocalist. It means he got more votes. He’s a REALLY great singer, don’t get me wrong, but if you look at technical ability, Archuleta outdoes him by a mile. That’s perfectly okay though, because in Cook’s style of music, it doesn’t matter as much.

Davidcookandarchuletafan @ 07/18/2008 at 12:17 pm

I love them both.I thought it was cool that they used Imagine for Will and Katee’s performance on So you think you can dance

i love Archuleta’s version of Imagine on so you think you can dance and will and kate dancing to it was amazing . I wish Archie and Cook much success .

eye4daonly @ 07/18/2008 at 1:39 pm

I beleive both david’s will do well in the future, they both are different but great. Cook has a sound of rock that is enjoyable not too harsh but i wll say he does sound like a lot of rockers arleady out there. His voice is not originall but i do like it. Archuleta has a voice like no other, pure, crisp and very powerful in all aspects. A range like no other. Then again for rock you don’t need the kind of range archuleta has.

Christine @ 07/18/2008 at 2:05 pm

To Lily–David only had time to sing one verse of the song, or a minute and a half. Blake sang it last year and he sang only one verse. Same with Ruben and Jennifer Hudson. David sang his verse with a lot of passion and heart, and that’s what matters.

Archangel @ 07/18/2008 at 2:10 pm

David Archuleta is my favorite! Hes unique! his voice is so pure beautiful soothing and so warm<3 I love him soo much he has a very bright future :]

I like both Davids, they seem like nice guys. I wish them both much success.

I can’t wait for Archie’s album, though. I catch his performances on youtube from the tour and other press. He’s been on fire, and sounds better and better everyday. You guys need to hear him sing “Crazy”.

yay i love both davids!!! =] but im an archie woohoo! katee and will’s dance of imagine was GREAT! and david did not sing the other verses of imagine because you’re limited to a certain amount of time for each song. get your facts straight, john lennon’s wife even called him to tell him that his version was great.

I lost respect for David Cook since he started dating Kim Caldwell. He can do so much better than that s k a n k. She just loves the advantages she will have dating him. She has been banged more than a screen door.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All