David Beckham is a Men's Health Cover Boy

David Beckham is a Men's Health Cover Boy

David Beckham heats up the latest cover of Men’s Health, out Aug. 12. Here’s what the 33-year-old soccer stud had to say:

On when he feels he most relaxed: “There is this madness around me, around my family. Without a doubt, out on the field is where I’m most comfortable, where I’m happiest, because I know what I’m doing, and I know I can do it.”

On being a great role model: “To be someone kids look up to is a great honor. What matters is how you carry yourself, off and on the field.”
“People always say to me, ‘Why would you place yourself in a position where you have to put pressure on yourself?’ But it’s what gives me energy.”

On continuing to popularize soccer in America: “I never do anything where I don’t believe in what I’m doing. I see that something could happen in U.S. soccer. That change isn’t going to happen in a year or two. It’s more of a 5-, 10-, or even 15-year plan. I believe in it, and I believe that in years to come, this could be one of the biggest sports here in America.”

On spending time with his boys: “People always ask me, ‘Do you play golf?’ Because a majority of sportsmen do. I used to play, quite a few years ago, but to be honest, I’d rather spend 4 hours with the kids than 4 hours on a golf course. As much as it can be relaxing, it’s a frustrating sport. My way of relaxing is listening to music and spending time with the kids.”

On always having to win: “I’m a really bad loser. It stays with me for a while. I always take it quite personally when we don’t win as a team or I don’t win in everything else I do.”

On his fashion style: “I know what I’m doing.”

On crediting his father for helping him harness his focus: “Even if I had a great game he’s always say, ‘You played well, but these were the mistakes you made.’ If I had a bad game, I’d hear all about that. When I was playing for Manchester United, playing something like 200 games and winning European Cup finals, he still wouldn’t let me get away with saying, ‘I’ve made it.’ So that’s one thing I have never done and never will do.”

david beckham mens health 01

• Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
tayler (miley cyrus fan 4eva) @ 08/04/2008 at 10:57 pm

cool

I think David looks the best when he is clean cut and dress like a English Gent.

I don’t like it when he dresses like a getto…If I want to see people dress like that and have tattoo everywhere, I would go see K-Fred…

He looks gay in some of those photos.
His tattoos are so tacky!

Orange Clockwork @ 08/04/2008 at 11:04 pm

Lol. Someone stick a fork in him.

i love himmm!!!!!

I like mature men,! That i mean i like the man who older than me!!I like the man who in this picture!! Perhaps you think the unthinkable, a good laugh!!!But Do you know that then man older than me always gave me a very warm feeling of security and sometimes just like my father!!!I have a BF who older than me ,but we still love to drink very happy.!!we meet on Agelessmatch.C O M we fall in love with each other!!!! I like this new kind of love !!!

Hairyly. Smelly.

Yikes!

I don’t care too much about him but his little boys are really adorable. I caught some of the TCA, and his youngest I think started break dancing & before that he was hiding behind the surf board.

Im tired of seeing him everywhere. Enough already. Can’t he spend more time playing with his kids?

the shiznack @ 08/04/2008 at 11:34 pm

i worshipped Becks when he played for Man Utd

and i hate to say this but he is the definition of the saying ‘SELL OUT’

first Madrid cus of his pinhead wife and now L.A. cus of money, Tommy Girl and of course his pinhead (scratch that, she actually looks like one of the bugs from ‘A Bugs Life’) wife!

the douche also brought his kids on stage at the TCA’s – they all dressed the same – how embarrassing, especially for Brooklyn.

Beautiful man!

Wow… David just traded his family for his game (referring to his comments about how he’s happiest on the court).

What a cocky, ugly piece of ****. He needs to learn the world does not revolve around him & his ugly anor wife. I like confidence I hate cockiness. This guy has been believing his own hype for FAR too long. He isn’t even a decent player. If he had average looks, with his “skill”, you’d never know his name. By the way there is no way he is holding up that weight on his own. He weighs like 120lbs… it must be made of Styrofoam.

He knows what he’s doing fashion wise? He dresses terrible, always has. Who boxes in a sweater vest? He tries WAAAAY too hard & it shows. You can so tell he’s trying to start trends but he looks like a laughing stock.

i love him….

David thinks he is all that. And all those tattoos?? urgggghhhhh!!!

“I know what I’m doing.” (re: fashion)

AS IF!

parisgirl @ 08/05/2008 at 4:10 am

@ #12, you’re totally right

The guy is a sell out who hasn’t played a decent football (yes football, not soccer, thank you lol) in years yet it seems like Americans can’t see it. Imo he is so not doing a good job at promoting football, smh.

baby beckham @ 08/05/2008 at 4:38 am

i love him,but this photos don’t do it for they could have been better

number 16 you apparently haven’t met him. He is far from cocky. Beck is such a nice generous person an a great model for young guys. If you don’t like him don’t post a comment because taking your time to say something bad about someone you don’t like is kind of contradictory. Go outside and atop bashing people you wish you could be or be with.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 08/05/2008 at 8:27 am

eli – “I don’t like it when he dresses like a getto”……. wtf.. stfu!

the shiznack – “i worshipped Becks when he played for Man Utd”…… you should hate to say that… you pathetic loser. how do you worship a stranger? lmaoo fcuking stalker.. lol

Comparing. His. Tattoo. To. Rock’s.

A. Pretentious. To. A. Real. Man.

Hands. Down. Loser. Aging. Fast.

bionic woman @ 08/05/2008 at 12:10 pm