Lisa Marie Presley Joins The Twins Club

Lisa Marie Presley Joins The Twins Club

Tack Lisa Marie Presley onto the ever-growing list of people in the celebrity twin babies club!

ET confirmed the news that the 40-year-old daughter of The King is expecting twins this fall with 47-year-old husband Michael Lockwood.

Expectant grandmother Priscilla Presley shared, “It’s a shock because you think, ‘twins, oh my gosh, what are we going to do with them?’ Lisa Marie wanted it really to be kept a secret for a long time, you know, and I think women should, because they should be able to announce what they’re having and when it’s time to make the announcement.”

Priscilla reminds us that twins run in the Presley family, saying, “I have twin brothers and then of course Elvis had a twin brother.” (Elvis‘s brother was stillborn and given the name Jesse Garon.)

Getty

brazilian @ 08/05/2008 at 4:44 pm

FIRST ! :D

veronicas @ 08/05/2008 at 4:49 pm

2nd! lol

Good for her!
But why is everybody so defensive about having twins? So what if it’s IVF? Women should feel blessed to be able to have kids, no matter to which extent.

veronicas @ 08/05/2008 at 4:51 pm

second..

I thought she confirmed this months ago?

queenoftrashin @ 08/05/2008 at 4:52 pm

Well, Jared, you are just a little behind the times with this news.

AWee cute
1st

Pingy-ponga @ 08/05/2008 at 5:09 pm

Im getting jelous now.

Wow, thats alot of twins in HW for the same generation! It’s raining twins in the celeb world,lol.
I remember reading that Lisa Maria said she wanted more kids since her other two were a bit older now so I’m really glad for her.
I don’t see what the drama is over whether all these twins in HW are being conceived through in vitro or not….who cares! Regardless all these babies are being born to parents who want them and will love and cherish them and I really think that is all that matters.

What’s the next craze – triplets?

you need to fix either the background color or the text color because it can’t be read as is.

That’s nice. especially as Lisa Marie is a little older so if she wanted a sibling close in age for her baby, she really doesn’t have to now. Congrats!

Congratulations to LMP and hubby! I’m happy for her. Wow, I didn’t realize Michael was 47…wow….shocked. Either way, I’m happy for them!

Congrats to Lisa Marie and Michael! Being an Elvis fan, I wish he was
here to enjoy his grandchildren,the twins and Lisa’s two older children. That would have made him so happy!

LOL to Number # 10…… What do you want to bet??? I wonder who the first actress will be? I can’t wait for the headlines ” Guess who is sporting a TRIPLE BABY BUMP? It dosen’t take long for one celebrity to have a set, then all of Hollywood seems to spit them out. But, I wish Lisa the best especially at the age of 40!!! I certainly could not do it at that age, but with her money and can hire help, it should be a breeze.

Twin myths @ 08/05/2008 at 9:46 pm

That is a myth about twins running in families. Having twins is simply a process of two sperm cells or on and an egg spliting. cell division or IVF or age. People who are twins do not neccessarliy have twins. You would think they would. And that, it skips a generation is old wives tale too.
Hollywood twins or from the rich/famous- too many sets to count these days. Makes you wonder who is not having twins.
It seems twins run nthe Hollywood family. Oh all that , yeah, good for Lisa Marie. Good for Priscilla too. Her son Navroone is deep in drugs . They need some hope as a family.

Twin myths @ 08/05/2008 at 10:00 pm

And I stand corrected..a woman can be a carrier of certain gene that may lead to twins. Genes are inheirted. Ask your OB/GYN .

Twin myths @ 08/05/2008 at 10:02 pm

and I guess with all of the twin babies of Hollywood ,Priscilla made sure it is out Lisa has twins in her family. ..to make the public knows Lisa Marie’s twins are all natural.

My sister’s exboyfriend was from a family where there had been 3!!!! sets of identical twins, he himself was a twin but his brother had died aas a baby. The family was composed of the parents and about 7 siblings, 5 of them were twins (with one dead)

The odds of fraternal twins can be affected by genes – on the mother’s side. Older women are also more likely to have fraternal twins naturally than a younger woman (women 35-40 are almost 5 times more likely than a 20 year old, and the odds are even greater over 40). Race, height, weight, and other factors also affect the odds of fraternal twins.

On the other hand, identical twins are completely random. It’s the same in all populations regardless of race, heredity or other factors, and it has remained constant over time

Just to point out the FACTS @ 08/05/2008 at 10:58 pm

hahaha the best comment is the following ! :

LOL @ 08/05/2008 at 5:59 pm What’s the next craze – triplets?

HAHA !! that’s too funny…… i totally agree though !

just wonder who’ll be the first carrier :D…… anyhoo, congrats!

it must be cool to have twins

Twin are cool to have! Especially when you pay $20k to conceive
them. haaaaaaa… my 5 yr old twins are a result of IVF.

Yep……. and just an FYI twins are considered full term at 36 weeks.

Congrats to Lisa Marie on the twins and keeping the secret so well. I am sure that they will be very beautiful souls like all the rest of her family. I know her daddy was one of a twin. New years 2008: my little brother chris dropped dead – a moving testimony to a brother with asperger’s syndrome, by zen peace.

This *was* reported months ago and she even confirmed it. Seriously, Jared.

LMP looks awful. With all the money at her disposal, one would think that she could look better. Just goes to show–money can’t buy taste. Super Tacky LMP—I’m sorry for you.

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent concept