Hayden Panettiere's Dad Arrested For Assaulting Wife

Hayden Panettiere's Dad Arrested For Assaulting Wife

Heroes star Hayden Panettiere‘s father, Alan, was arrested early Monday morning for allegedly battering his wife, Hayden‘s momager, Lesley Vogel.

“There was a domestic argument between the mother and father,” Sgt. Scott Wolf of the West Hollywood sheriff’s said. “He got upset and struck the mother in the face one or two times on the left cheek which caused some bruising. The mother called police shortly before 3 a.m., and Mr. Panettiere was taken into custody. He’s been cooperative. Earlier, they were at a party and the husband apparently felt disrespected by his wife.”

Alan, 49, allegedly struck Lesley, 52, in the face at around 3 a.m. Monday, and is currently being held on $50,000 bail, according to TMZ.

Hours earlier, Hayden‘s car, driven by Heroes costar/boyfriend Milo Ventimiglia, ran over a photographer’s foot outside Eva Longoria‘s restaurant Beso in Los Angeles.

Credit: Tammie Arroyo; Photos: AP, Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty
Posted to: Alan Panettiere, Hayden Panettiere, Lesley Panettiere

Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

OMG poor hayden

that sucks even family business has to get aired

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 08/11/2008 at 11:21 am

..hōɛ shouldn’t be disrespecting.

When the young kids come out messed up, this is the stuff that was going on behind closed doors. We see the glamour and fun of a celebrity’s life, but we don’t see the yelling and screaming and fighting that goes on when the doors are closed. These young kids have no support at home. They have parents who are trying to be young and live thru their kids’ lives and live off their fame and their money. It is real messed up. I am glad now that Hayden has Milo. He seems like a good perrson and he is someone who will be there for her when things get stormy at home. I understand why Hayden would be attracted to him even tho he is so much older.

BETSY SMITH @ 08/11/2008 at 11:22 am

Who told the media that this happened the police… ?? The sheriff has
a big mouth…

Who’s business is it anyway….No ones… When you get arrested the
police should sign a privacy clause .. that they can not release any
information to the media..

I am not suprised..afterall the decision they make concernign their teenage daughter is poor enough ….the rugby player looking kid must be embarrased…

I have NEVER liked Hayden’s mom. She is still trying to be young, stage mother and ******. Unfortunately, I think Hayden has a lot of her mothers awful ways. This doesn’t excuse spousal battery however. I thought the dad was the normal parent but I guess not.

AAAWWWWW!!!!!!!! Poor Alan thought he was being disrespected!! Good Lord, who hasn’t… But, I’m sure they do not go around smacking people across the face every time it happens. You try to grow up and deal with it, and move on. Especially if it is with your spouse, for God’s sake. How childish and arrogant. I read in US Weekly that she was not any easier to live with, thinking she was ” all that “, as in his words, ” some celebrity herself”, ” a tempermental hothead”. I guess if you have two people like that living in a household, tempers are going to flare. Get therapy people…. And on the paparazzi who probably stuck his foot out to have it run over by Hayden’s car, it serves you right!!! Now we will be reading that person is filing a lawsuit for injuries..

very nice, i knew that hayden had a bad home life because she is sexually provacative at such a young age.

The cops call the media. Not just the H W cops. What is with the families of the young celebs?

I hope her mom is ok and I hope things turn out ok for everyone.

your name here @ 08/11/2008 at 1:01 pm

This certainly explains Hayden’s ignorance.

Ha ha.

I bet Hayden had something to do with this.

How did you find this out Jared?

Every family has its problems @ 08/11/2008 at 1:21 pm

I really feel bad but every family in the world has its problems. I just feel sorry this has to be all public. You know how many people have bad tempers and sometimes hit their partners, evry second this happens. I just think the family will get through this. Its unfair their business has to be in out so everybody can see.

Who the **** is this ?

Maria (Shorty) @ 08/11/2008 at 1:41 pm

It amazes me that some of you write as if you know them on a ‘personal’ level. Very hilarious!

This is a private thing and should have remained private if it weren’t for someone with a big mouth!

We don’t know what happened and we shouldn’t be writing comments like if we did — as some of you have already done.

Maria (Shorty) @ 08/11/2008 at 1:41 pm

I feel sorry for both Hayden and Jansen, they were both at the event, but Hayden left before it happened. I hope it’s resolved soon.

As for the pap that got his foot caught; serves him right! From the videos of Halo leaving the restaurant, you can clearly hear people telling the paps to move back. Paparazzi these days give celebs no breathing space at all, and then they complain when someone gets hurt.

Maria (Shorty) @ 08/11/2008 at 2:17 pm

nn

You are so right! The papps are rediculous. Maybe some of them should be runned down — I know if I was driving, it would be heck to pay. They’d be alot of papps in hospital!

This is too sad, especially for the children, i hope he will follow a therapy, which will help him to control his violence, because sadly the husbands which maltreat their wives once, tend to start again.

#16 & #17 – You are WRONG! It is not a private matter. Arrests are a matter of PUBLIC record simply because the public has a right to know of a danger to society. LOL!

Wow this is sooooooooooooo sad/ embarrasing

And, just to inform you ingorants, arrests are filed at the court, which can be looked up by anyone including the papz. This information is not “leaked” by a big mouth. LOL!

If anybody can look anything up at the courthouse, then the paps can get all the info for free about anyone’s b.s.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All