Christina Applegate: I'm Cancer Free!

Christina Applegate: I'm Cancer Free!

Christina Applegate is perfectly healthy and cancer-free, she tells Good Morning America.

“I’m clear,” the Samantha Who? star said just one month after being diagnosed with breast cancer. “Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean. … They got everything out so I’m definitely not going to die from breast cancer.”

As for when she first heard news of the cancer, Christina shared her initial reaction: “I was so mad. I was just shaking and — and then also immediately, I had to go into … `take-care-of-business-mode,’ which was … I asked them, `What do I do now? What — what is it that I do? I get a doctor, I get a surgeon, I get an oncologist? What do I do?’”

Watch Christina Applegate‘s full interview on Tuesday’s Good Morning America.

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

That’s awesome!

Very happy to hear that :)

thats awesome to hear!

Great news Christina!!!!!! I hope she stays in remission forever….. Love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright good for her.
Now if only every other woman was as lucky

enlightened @ 08/18/2008 at 9:31 pm

I am happy for her, but an odd comment to make, as I don’t think you can ever be certain the cancer won’t return.

How ridiculous. She is either in denial or it is pure PR spin. She can tell us in 5 or 10 years she is clear of cancer, like any other woman dignosed with breast cancer.

Good for her…

I agree with enlightened and Harriet. Until you reach that 5 yr. cancer-free milestone, you can’t proclaim it to be true. It only takes ONE cell to break off from a tumor and travel somewhere and spread. That being said, I do think she has a great chance at cure, since it was found VERY early!! My best wishes to Christina!!

Vivir Sin Aire @ 08/18/2008 at 9:42 pm

YAY. GOOD NEWS.

thats great!
im so happy for her. :)

That is GREAT new’s! She is too young for this! I’m happy for her too! :)

LyLy (france) @ 08/18/2008 at 9:55 pm

yay! great news!

It is good to hear that she had it caught early. But I’m with earlier folks: one month post treatment, it is too early to declare oneself cured and 100% clean. If after 5 years, there are no signs of cancer in the other breast or elsewhere in the body, then she is clear. Unless she had one of those very slow growing, self-contained tumours.

In all cases, congratulations!

God bless you Christina! We love you: you are an inspiration. Fight on! Glad you are well :)

I also didnt get her comment. Just those who never heard how is a Cancer heal process would find it logic.

Said this, great she seems ok.

yay!!!!!!!!!

winniewei @ 08/19/2008 at 1:00 am

it’s so good to hear that Christina Applegate is perfectly healthy and cancer-free……..
er~~i seem to have meet her~~~
oh…yeh I have viewed her many hooott photos at ___ Interracial Loving .C o M____ >>>

i’m very glad to hear that she is perfectly healthy and cancer-free
I have viewed her many hooott photos at ___ Interracial L0ving .C 0M____ >>>

I find it a somewhat strange statement as well, but oh well, as long as she’s okay. I’m really glad to hear she’s doing well.

THATS GREAT NEWS, BUT SHE SHOULDN’T MAKES COMMENTS LIKE THAT TOO SOON, CANCER IS A TERRIBLE EVIL DISEASE WHICH MAY UNFORTUNATELY RETURN, AND I HOPE THAT IS NOT THE CASE FOR HER OR ANYONE THAT SUFFERS FROM IT.

What great news that is

I’m so glad she’s okay!!! What a horrible form of cancer it is. :(

I’m so glad. Good for her!

yay thats great news i just watched a re-run or her as amy in friends n she is so funny i hope she gets completly better and does some more acting soon =)

Scooby Doo @ 08/19/2008 at 10:19 am

YAY!!! All the best to you Christina!

WHO CARES? @ 08/19/2008 at 10:36 am

Nobody likes privacy anymore, or maybe is a new way of getting attention. All of those that came out letting the world know they got cancer they miraculously cured, not that is anything wrong with that.(great actually, if it were any cancer).
Paul Newman has cancer, and I have never heard of him coming out and letting the world know about this, there are just speculations. I wish him and his family all the best.

Hollywood is just getting sicker by day.

I am so happy for Christina

To everyone above, she had a double mastecomy, that’s why she can say she is cancer free. It’s very sad. Her mom had breast cancer too. The story is on yahoo.

Bravo, Christina!!! You’re an inspiration. You’ve also done so much for cancer awareness and the importance of early detection. You’ve played many roles in your life, but your role as a health advocate is your greatest. Your courage in discussing your illness and recovery will save lives.