Rafael Nadal is Shirtless

Rafael Nadal is Shirtless

Spain’s Rafael Nadal takes the Fall Fashion 2008 cover of NY Magazine wearing next to nothing. Great fashion!

On Sunday, the 22-year-old tennis champ swept past Roger Federer to seize the world No. 1 tennis ranking. The Beijing gold medalist also became the only Spaniard to win a gold medal at the Olympics Games.

“For the sportsman, the Olympic Games are more important than anything,” he said. “Nowhere in my best dreams I can imagine something like what I did this year. I am playing an unbelievable season, no doubt. The feeling for sure is very happy for being No. 1, but the feeling doesn’t change too much because the last years I did very well, too.”

To see the shirtless slideshow of Nadal‘s latest photoshoot, visit NYMag.com.

rafael nadal shirtless 01
rafael nadal shirtless 02

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

His hair always looks like he just left the court.

My girlfriend who is Spanish loves him…while I’m not too keen…I wonder why!!!!!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 08/18/2008 at 1:00 pm

….` no hōmo… but that’s one ugly muthafcuker.

neanderthal. lol

saraicita @ 08/18/2008 at 1:03 pm

spanish men rocks! :)

omg sooo hottt

snap dragon @ 08/18/2008 at 1:09 pm

MICHAEL PHELPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGGHHH……….. HE’S 22??? WTF MP LOOKS YOUNG THIS MAN LOOKS TO BE IN HIS LATE 30′S

parisgirl @ 08/18/2008 at 1:16 pm

Don’t get me wrong I like both but you cannot call Phelps sexy and Nadal ugly. Your eyes, check them lol.

Anyway go Rafa!! #1 rank with gold medal = me happy

Each has their own taste. Personally I don’t find Phelps that attractive do to his teeth :/

OMFG!! That is sooo HOT!!
Well…Next should be Pau Gasol shirtless.. Then, Michael Phelp’s too!
I have to agree. Spanish men are SEXY! :P

cool
i love FEDERER

hes not the first spaniard to get a gold medal

viva espana!!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 08/18/2008 at 1:29 pm

…` if you find this man attractive… you have to be a very, very, very ugly women with extremely low standards… and horrible fcuking taste.

dude looks like a fcuking caveman. ugh, this feels gay… i need to take a shower then go jerkoff to sophia bush pics.

PHELPSNOT @ 08/18/2008 at 1:30 pm

# 8 snap dragon @ 08/18/2008 at 1:09 pm LMAO @#5 WTF WHY THEY DIDN’T PUT MICHAEL PHELPS SEXY ASS ON THIS COVER THIS DUDE AIN’T CUTE

MICHAEL PHELPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGGHHH……….. HE’S 22??? WTF MP LOOKS YOUNG THIS MAN LOOKS TO BE IN HIS LATE 30′
________________
michael phelps is so ugly he look like a retarted person
nadal is not hot but is not ugly michael is ugly

VIVA ESPAÑA!!!!

HE’S AWESOME!!!

Wow he is hot……but I still like Karl Urban better. Mr. New Zealand been in lord of the rings, doom, ghost ship, next star trek.

PHELPSNOT @ 08/18/2008 at 1:42 pm

michael is the best sportman in the world but is ugly

WOW, he is UGLY.

Wow, he’s HOT!

PHELPS and NADAL are so ugly

FERNANDO GONZALEZ is very hottt

Phelps and Rafa actually admire each other and have offered their respective congratulations for each of their triumphs in this summer’s games. And Michael said in a presser that he really enjoys watching Rafa play. Oh and both have rockin’ bods that deserve to be on magazine covers. *droolage being wiped here*

he look like a monkey!!!

ANNNASPAÑA @ 08/18/2008 at 2:01 pm

olee españa!he are the bestttt!!rafa is better than michael pels..or phelps!oh please!he won:
*wimbledon
*roland garros
*the gold in olympic games in beijing 2008….and more…more..more…
and,please,hes more beautiful and hottt than michael….hahahaha…dont make me laugh!…and the spanish men are so,so hotttttt
GO NADAL,GASOL,FERNANDO ALONSO….(….)…GO SPANISH SPORTY!
VIVA ESPAÑA!PODEMOS!…..a x ellos,oleeee….a x ellossss oeee!!! lol
are something that rafa dont win this year??¿?…i think NOT!

It’s not true that Nadal is the only Spaniard to win a gold medal at this Olympics Games.

Until the moment Spain has gotten three gold medals: Samuel Sánchez in cycling in the category of road race; Joan Llaneras in cycling in the category of points race and Nadal on tennis.

I want Iker casillass! I love Rafael, amazing player

all I can say is “wowser, wowser!!” Who would keep complaining about Phelps not being on the cover? Well, Phelps looks okay if his ears are hid and his mouth is kept shut (sorry to be mean, but besides a great physique, Phelps is no cover boy)…Rafa is not the most gorgeous athlete, but the man wins me over with those arms, stomach and smile…he’s such a sweet guy…how can you not appreciate his accomplishments on the court and his humble personality off? There is nothing gay about these pics…he looks hot!!

:P I LOVE NADAL!

his close up picture looks like one of the cavemen from the geico commercials.

#8 phelp has the ugliest face I have ever seen, and nadal I don’t know if is it me but he reminds me of goofy. I think that is his face.

#25 do us a favour , learn to write , please.

And they are right , Rafa is the only Spaniard to win a gold medal at the Olympics Games IN TENNIS. In Tennis Spaniards have only silver or bronze.

By the way , Phelps has more covers than Rafa , so… what’s the problem? Rafa is the new #1 at ATP Rankings , he deserved a cover.

Congratulations , Rafa!

I love Rafa. The jealous dudes on the board are just that: jealous. PRT, I don’t think the article means he’s the first Spaniard to win gold, just that he’s the first Spaniard to win gold in Tennis.

Phelps is weird-looking. He looks overgrown or something. His features are exaggerated to the point where they look deformed.

Nadal is a great tennis player, and Phelps is a great swimmer who has 8 Olympic gold medals. That probably matters more than looks because they achieved something that the people who call them both ugly on this board will never achieve in their lives, which is a gold medal or anything else for that matter.

I think what justjared meant is that Nadal won the only gold medal in tenis

lova girl @ 08/18/2008 at 3:20 pm

so hot !!!! just awesome !!!!
I love him <3

I love this guy. And to who said ‘whoever fancies him must be ugly’ – get a clue. Loads of ‘ugly’ guys score beautiful women, it’s called TASTE. Not everyone finds the same people attractive, thank god.

Plus this guy isn’t even ugly. He’s an adorable person inside and out.

omg.. between him and michael phelps i cant choose the fuglier one.

“The Beijing gold medalist also became the only Spaniard to win a gold medal at the Olympics Games.”

False

scottdavis0676 @ 08/18/2008 at 5:09 pm

Regardless of how you assess Rafa’s appearance, he and his uncle are class incarnate. Never will you hear them utter a profane word about anyone. Their comments are always fair and uplifting. Rafa has paid his dues for a LONG TIME and deserves to be number one! I am more of a Federer fan myself, but I appreciate his greatness and vigor. He is a great ambassador for the game with his winsome smile and self-effacing demeanor. Congrats Rafa on your banner year! Phelps is talented no doubt, but to me, he looks like he has down syndrome. Rafa is much better looking IMO.

scottdavis0676

you said it succintly. thanks.

i agree with you valerie
i love fernando gonzalez!!!

Tennis fan here. Roger Federer is the hotness to me. But some like Nadal, I think they’re blinded by his biceps (which is rare to find in tennis players, but is still nothing special).

I sometimes think that girls who find Nadal good looking must be sex starved or something. The boy has a good body, but he isn’t good looking. I mean, let’s be real here. His head is also really small for his body.

Disgusting guy. His left arm is so much stronger than the right one. He looks like Mogli the cartoon. Women are so sick.

Gi.Kodaly @ 08/18/2008 at 8:28 pm

If you guys really think that the guy’s ugly than why comment in his post?? Get a life! Go say that someone is hot, not ugly, it will only bring bad things to yourself!
And I BET that these people that are saying that he’s ugly must be fugliest thing!

MORE RAFA PLEASE!!!!!!!

Gi.Kodaly or whatever you call yourself – that’s what this site is for, to post whatever the f*ck you feel like – good or bad – get over it.

holy mother of.. @ 08/18/2008 at 9:37 pm

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. he is hideous.

he really does look like the geico caveman.

NOOOO
FERNANDO GONZALEZ ‘s(L) rafael nadal strongest rival!
I mean….nadal is better than him but FERNANDO IS HOTTER AND ALMOST WON FOR CHILE!! GO CHILE :D HE WON THE SILVER FINALLY.

For those wondering why Nadal is on the cover of this magazine and not Phelps- it is because the article is for New York magazine and in preparation of the US Open- which will start in a week.

While Nadal does not really photograph well (imo) and does not look his best on the court, having seen him in person I think he is quite attractive and has a very notable presence. He has an interesting look about him. His cheekbones are more pronounced in real life and, conversely, his brow is not as pronounced as it appears i pictures. He actually has an interesting cat-like look about him which is surprisingly very appealing. Plus- he really has a glorious smile.

And as others have said- he is a real sweetie.

Spain has 3 gold metals for the moment in these Olympic Games, one of them from Nadal.

Please change the wrong information!

Viva España!
Viva Nadal!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I don’t see the point in whining about others finding something or somebody ugly or beautiful and even less so insulting people in who find somebody attractive. Jealous much?

I saw Rafa in real life and his pictures don’t do him justice. He may not have perfect good looks but he does have a certain quality about him. Charisma.
He has a gorgeous smile for starters and he seems to be a very friendly and nice man.

Good choice as a cover!

The caveman comments in here: rather lame, don’t you think?
Is he not WASP enough for you perhaps?

Nadal is the best!!!!! xdxd

numero 1 ole ole y ole!!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

are you kidding?
Spain have today 3 gold medals in Beijing Olympic Games (and wait for more!), not the first Spanish who won a gold medal at an Olympic Game!
and Roger Federer lost at quarter finals… Rafael Nadal played the final vs. Fernando Gonzalez, from Chile!
Please, read more!
Please watch tv!
Please listen to radio!
Please search on internet!

Scooby Doo @ 08/19/2008 at 10:32 am

Oh Yeah! Vamos Rafa!!!!!

who cares which one is uglier than the other??? it’s not a beauty contest…they’re sportsmen and should be judged by that…

hes so ugly .. he looks like a monkey
GO ROGER FERERER <33

Rafael i love you. I watch wimbledon and i was so happy when he won. Spanish men are so sexy. :D xx

my my my…what a man

MILANIST_GIRL @ 08/20/2008 at 3:20 am

My God what am I reading here! Nadal, ugly? I think most of the people who wrote those comments are either jealous men or have seen Nadal only a couple of times verrrry far from the tv. Now look at these pics:
If he’s not handsome then who is? And for those who say girls like only his body, they are not pics of his body or muscles at all. He is very handsome and everybody knows that. They have even written articles abt him being a great player and good-looking too. You may like him or not but please be objective.
I don’t like Federer but I’m not saying he isn’t handsome coz objectively he is, though I’m not attracted too him at all
Of course the way they play remains the most imp thing abt them

that made my day, thanks jared!

Hot and Beautiful

What was it that Joe Dallesandro used to say when asked if he thought that Mick Jagger looked good? “I wouldn’t kick him out of bed for eating crackers.” I’m certain that both Nadal and Phelps can be more selective than most of the people who want to comment on their looks.

Rafa looks great and If I were him I wouldn’t give a flying toaster about all the guys who think he looks ugly. Plenty of women drool over him and he’s on top of the world now. Plus he’s a truly nice guy and excellent role model. Vamos Rafa!!!

He may not be dreadfully ugly, but rafael nadal is certainly not good-looking. Actually looks very rat-like. Also, the fact that he routinely picks his ass on court (it’s true, pay attention next time) doesn’t help. But of course, now everybody thinks he’s gorgeous, because, once again, the masses have been spoon-fed.

gorgeoussssssss.
he’s like perfect. hahah.

and he’s an amazing tennis player.

Hello! o/\o

Realmente,essas fotos ficaram espetaculares,Nadalito é muito,muito sexy.Essa mão no cabelo deu todo o charme.

Parabéns,as fotos ficaram maravilhosas. :)

Abraço.