Nastia Liukin: Peep My Wheaties Box!

Nastia Liukin: Peep My Wheaties Box!

America’s newest sweetheart, Nastia Liukin, is featured on the latest special-edition Wheaties box. The 18-year-old Olympics champ follows in the footsteps of fellow all-around gymnast champions Mary Lou Retton and Carly Patterson by joining the Breakfast of Champions family.

“Every young athlete aspires to one day see their face on the cover of the Wheaties box,” Nastia said. “It’s been a huge inspiration to see great gymnastics champions on the box, like Mary Lou and Carly, plus the ‘Magnificent Seven’ from 1996. It’s a privilege and an honor for me to be on the box, and I’m very excited to be part of the Wheaties tradition.”

Nastia credits hard work and determination for her success. “I tell young athletes all the time that if you want to become a champion, you need to stay focused, train hard, and pay attention to what you eat,” she says.

Also pictured: Decathlon gold-medalist Bryan Clay.

nastia liukin wheaties box 01
nastia liukin wheaties box 02
nastia liukin wheaties box 03
nastia liukin wheaties box 04

Posted to: Nastia Liukin

Getty

nastialover @ 09/04/2008 at 9:41 am

i love nastia! she’s so sweet!

Did she pay you to say that? They called her the “ice queen” for a reason. I felt that she was sort of a brat! She has disgusting sportsmanship.

she has a right to be a bit of a “brat”. she’s at the top of her sport…I think that comes w/the territory. She’s worked hard and its payed off.

zac, i agree with u.

no one is taking away her accomplishments….and i acknowledge her hard work but being humble is superior to winning gold medals.

congrats to her but that part of her personality is lacking.

I’m so glad Bryan Clay got the box too! I watched the profile they did on him during the Games and he seems to be so deserving. He’s all hard work, talent and family without the ego. Amazing young man!

Bryan Clay is ***** who cares about that girl wit da big forehead

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/04/2008 at 10:41 am

Happy for BOTH of them. They did US proud!!

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/04/2008 at 10:41 am

Happy for BOTH of them. They did US proud!!

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/04/2008 at 10:43 am

Zac. What in heaven’s name are you talking about? ‘Ice Princess’? And you know this because???

i agree with zac
no one is going to take away her title and she does seem like a brat.
i think people call her “ice queen” b/c when she performs, literally she looks like she wants to kill someone

lips,tits and smack that ass. @ 09/04/2008 at 11:11 am

People still eat that ****?

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/04/2008 at 11:15 am

Joss: Have you ever jumped on a four inch wide balance beam? You need all the concentration in the world to make sure you don’t fall off the bloody thing. Concentration so you don’t fall on a triple twist in the middle of a floor exercise and you’re calling it ‘ice’. Do you expect her to smile and wave while she’s doing some of the most difficult twist and jumps? I don’t beleive some of you people.

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/04/2008 at 11:15 am

chriseler 1 @ 09/04/2008 at 12:36 pm

That bryan Clay is cute and a great champion.

Uh, shouldn’t that be “Pimp My Wheaties Box”!?

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe all the mean spirited comments on this!! Have you ever seen Nastia interviewed? She seems like the sweetest person on earth. So what if she doesn’t smile during competition? It’s called concentration. Why can’t you just be happy for Nastia and what she’s accomplished, instead of making negative assumptions based off of nothing? That’s really pathetic, Zac, Jean and Joss. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

People who only say mean things because they are jealous and do nothing but sit their fat a$$es behind a computer all day reading blogs and making nasty comments. I Nastia did an awesome job representing the US in the Olympics. I am proud of her!!

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/04/2008 at 3:41 pm

Erin/Z: I could NOT agree with you more! She and Bryan deserve all the best for their achievements. Some people need to think before they open up their ‘ignorant’ mouths!!

Won’t make me buy it. Nasty or Nastia, which is it? Sorry, Team Shawn all the way.

marshmallory @ 09/05/2008 at 3:35 pm

homegirl needs some bangs. that five-head is killer.

Congratulations to Nastia. ( I never understood why they call it “artistic gymnastics.” After watching her at the olympics I see why. It wal like ballet. She’s also sweet. there’s a beautiful story in Sport Illustrated about her journey to the Olympics and her friendship with Shawn Johnson. How people discouraged her from doing all around due to her ankle surgery. They thought she was too old and should just concentrate on beam and bars. Most people didn’t think she’d even make it to Beijing. How she was nice to Shawn eventhough she lost her national title to her and the world championship. How she invited Shawn t her gym in Texas to train when her gym was flooded. That’s why you should never listen to the naysayers and the haters cause all they’re good for is NOTHING.

Where can you buy the box, because i couldn’t find it in a & p and do they still sell it? i really want to get a box so can someone please answer my question!!

Yeaaa…
pretty sure Shawn deserved the wheaties box and she would have made it look better