Lance Armstrong: Live Strong & Cycle More

Lance Armstrong: Live Strong & Cycle More

Lance Armstrong is reportedly coming out of retirement next year to compete again and attempt to win the Tour de France again!

According to reports, the 36-year old will have no salary or bonuses for his racing. He will reportedly compete in five races with the Astana team, although his manager Mark Higgins has not responded to questions. The Astana spokesman has also denied that their team has any plans with Lance.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about the reported return of Lance Armstrong to cycling – YAY or NAY?

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
newport beach, 92660 @ 09/08/2008 at 9:06 pm

Pretty awesome.. I mean he is a really good cylclists

First! Nay!!!

who the Fuuuuuuuuu………ccccccckkkkkkk CARES :P

well good for him.
but no one really cares…

If he has no injuries go for it. But I agree with some of the folks here. No one really gives a hoot.

newport beach, 92660 @ 09/08/2008 at 9:06 pm

so you think he’s a pretty good cyclist? for myself, i want to know what drug or drugs he is using. and if you say he’s not using well, then i could offer you a shark infested swimming pool and you’d buy it. the number of athletes who have been caught is legendary.

Didn’t he test positive at one point in his career?

lance bass @ 09/08/2008 at 9:36 pm

He won’t win again. The French think he is a big fat cheater.

I hope it’s true. The denials by Johann Bruyneel and the Astana rep bother me. The whole world picked up the story, so Velonews had best have a good source. I hate all the news stories these days that say the source is anonymous because they’re not actually allowed to talk. That’s fine if you’re breaking Watergate or something, but otherwise, keep your word.
If the Lance story is true, it’s great for the Tour of California, and it might keep the Tour of Georgia alive. The biggest thing is that drug testing is really good right now, especially with the biological passport, and if Lance posts his internal Astana tests and can win the Tour, it might shut up all the haters who are “certain” that he cheated in the past. Or at least it would supply ammo for their friends to tell then to shut the heck up.

Elliott Ewart @ 09/08/2008 at 9:38 pm

I cycle…and he is going to be 37 going on 38…He will not be the same athlete as he was in his prime. I dont want to see him lose- rather remember him when he won.

Anonymous @ 09/08/2008 at 9:48 pm

LOL another brett farve.

Um okay. Good luck keeping up with the 18-29 year olds Mr. Armstrong.

I could care less

Good victoria @ 09/08/2008 at 10:03 pm

AGREE ELY…..I guess the women have quit coming through his turnstile bedroom door, so he HAS to do SOMETHING to peak interest in himself again…..His 15 minutes of ‘whatever’ has long been over and everyone is tired of him…..So, he has to try and try again…I could have seen this silliness coming…He was out of the news for too long. Maybe 3 months now? BORED !!!!

It’s called narcissistic personality disorder.

I know he’s a cancer survivor and all but something about him irks me or rubs me the wrong way.

Hey, Lance! Jordin Sparks thinks you’re a sl.ut.

He has been riding in smaller races this year. So I am not surprised.

NAY! We have had enough of him in France. The tour aims to be “clean” now, so he is out.

Don’t like him at all…

I am SO over him!! Retire already. Each American cyclist is accused of being on roids anyway. Enough. Know when to quit. Plus can I just add how friggin wierd it is that he and Owen Wilson SHARE the same women?!?!?! First Owen has long-term with Sheryl, then Lance is engaged to her. Then Owen is engaged to Kate H., then Lance is dating her.

GROSS!!!! JUST STOP ALREADY! They must all share the same type of equipment. LOL. But seriously…gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andamentothat @ 09/09/2008 at 1:53 pm

not a good idea..

With or without drugs? Will Floyd Landis be riding with him too?

sheryl crow @ 09/09/2008 at 2:51 pm

LANCE ARMSTRONG IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD IN SPORTS!!!
STEROIDS KING!