Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is "Totally Absurd"

Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is

Matt Damon just spoke out on Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin to The Associated Press. The 37-year-old actor compares her possibility of being President to a ‘really bad Disney movie’. Ouch!

Damon shared, “I think there’s a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that’s a really scary thing… I don’t know anything about her and in eight weeks, I don’t think I’m going to know anything about her. I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town and she’s the governor for Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand. I think the pick was made for political purposes… Do the actuary tables and there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that [John] McCain doesn’t survive his first term and it’ll be President Palin… It’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom, you know, ‘oh, I’m just a hockey mom’… and she’s facing down Vladimir Putin (of Russia)… It’s totally absurd… it’s a really terrifying possibility.”

Watch the video below of Matt Damon slamming Sarah Palin

Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is “Totally Absurd”
Posted to: Matt Damon, Sarah Palin

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 733 » Show All
BETSY SMITH @ 09/10/2008 at 12:52 pm

Why not have Sarah Palin for President.. Since every speech has her
been compared to Obama..Even her first speech she was comparing
herself to Obama… Why not switch and have Sarah Palin be President
and McCain be Vice President..!!!

Amen Matt!!!!!!!

Matt Damon just said everything that I have been thinking!!!

These actors really need to stay out of politics. It only turns people off. Look what happened to Kerry in 2004.

Make movies Matt. Leave politics to the professionals.

matt damon is just a bad actor. are u gonna listen to someone who thinks himself is really hot?

chriseler 1 @ 09/10/2008 at 12:56 pm

This Palin woman is scary not only because of her bragging on other world powers but mostly because of what she would do to women’s right to choose. We won this right after a difficult struggle and this woman could take it back with a stroke of her hand….Scary indeed.

Why doesn’t she understand that just the way she has a right to choose having a special needs baby a poor, teenage girl has a right to choose the future of her body and life…

“Damon shared, “I think there’s a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that’s a really scary thing… I don’t know anything about her…”

So he doesn’t know anything about her, but he is scared. yeah, that makes sense. stupid

BETSY SMITH @ 09/10/2008 at 12:58 pm

Where has Matt been … on vacation at home in Miami.. Everyone knows everything there is about Sarah Palin.. Why does she think
that she is running for President.. She should be comparing herself
to Mr. Biden

Matt Damon needs to shut his ***** and concerntrating on making mad movie. I used like him but not anymore.

I totally agree!!!! Didn’t this country learn over the last 8 years what happens when you elect someone who’s “folksy”, “just a regular American”, “someone you want to have a beer with”, etc etc. I want a President who’s busted ass all their life to improve the world, and who’s got a great education, and who’s obviously extremely thoughtful and smart and even-tempered. Not some TV sports anchor who’s been in public service for like a second and a half. Argh stupid ass country.

And for those who think actors shouldn’t talk about politics, why the hell not? The rest of us spout off our opinions (at least those of us who pay attention and care about the state of the country/world). Why shouldn’t they?

Lauren, based on your comment, except for the education part, Obama is not the man for you. Awwwww.

I would agree with kit that Matt should stick to movies.
He says he doesn’t know anything about her and in eight weeks he doesn’t think he’s going to know anything about her. ??? Is he stupid or what? He can’t read? He doesn’t have access to the internet? He doesn’t have TV?
No wonder he said, “President Putin!” That tells me about Matt. He is not up to date. Vladimir Putin is now prime minister of Russia.

Make movies, Matt!

I’m so sick of actors talking politics. Shut up Matt.

I don’t care what your political position is, but shut the f**k up! What makes you so qualified that your opinion matters more than any other? Because you made a few movies? You played a genius in a movie, but you’re not, d**khead! I am so sick of these celebs spouting off on politics, whether it’s the lefty nuts or the righty nuts. I say quarantine Hollywood and burn the place down.

He’s absolutely right. She has not been in a position to deal with what she’ll face in the White House. Ever. Not to mention she’s an underhanded person who went out of her way to do things like get her former brother-in-law fired because she didn’t like him. You really want someone like that in office JUST BECAUSE she’s woman? Really? I’m a woman, and I don’t want that. It’s making me sick that other women are apparently going to vote for this person, even though she clearly is not experienced and clearly has had some questionable dealings, just because she’s a woman. That’s disgusting, that is not what you base a vote for the President of the US on.

Guess I will never see another Matt Damon movie again. I wish hollywood would close their mouths about politics – Noone cares who they are voting for. He sounds so stupid. Palin has more experience than obama and biden together. That is a fact. Look at all the good Barbara Striesand did for Al Gore and John Kerry. The more these hollywood crazies open their mouths – the better it is for Republicans.

gh bfghfv @ 09/10/2008 at 1:07 pm

Putin is no longer the president of Russia. LMAO.

But i do agree with him.

Orchid,
He doesn’t want to know anything about her. The fact that she’s a Republican is all he knows and needs to know. He’s proud to be uninformed. He’s proud to be DUMB. Can you imagine being married to a conehead like that?

Matt should stick to movies and shut his mouth when it comes to politics. I HATE celebrities talking about politics it makes me dislike them and not want to support them anymore.

BTW, Anyone with integrity will BOYCOTT MATT DAMON!

One chance @ 09/10/2008 at 1:09 pm

I agreed w/ Matt. I understand where his coming from and I feel exactly the same about her.
PLEASE VOTE PEOPLE! VOTE FOR CHANGE, VOTE VOTE VOTE

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 09/10/2008 at 1:09 pm

kit @ 09/10/2008 at 12:53 pm Stick to making movies, you dips**t. I will never again see anything this loser is in. What does he know about politics? I presume he thinks Obama, who is actually running for president, has enought political experience? Matt, go back to your hollywood mansion, and think this one over.
***

lmbao.. kit, stick to… ummm… blogging! hahaha

..what do you know about politics..?

lmbaoo can you even vote?

you’re probably a canadian. haha

ITA, Matt! We know next to nothing about her, but people are willing to put her a heart attack away from the White House. That’s very scary, especially as she seems to know absolutely nothing outside of her life in Alaska. Very scary, indeed.

gh bfghfv @ 09/10/2008 at 1:10 pm

Actually i just saw the video and he said “Vladimir Putin”, NOT “President Putin”, you wrote it wrong Jared.

Sorry Matt.