Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is "Totally Absurd"

Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is

Matt Damon just spoke out on Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin to The Associated Press. The 37-year-old actor compares her possibility of being President to a ‘really bad Disney movie’. Ouch!

Damon shared, “I think there’s a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that’s a really scary thing… I don’t know anything about her and in eight weeks, I don’t think I’m going to know anything about her. I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town and she’s the governor for Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand. I think the pick was made for political purposes… Do the actuary tables and there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that [John] McCain doesn’t survive his first term and it’ll be President Palin… It’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom, you know, ‘oh, I’m just a hockey mom’… and she’s facing down Vladimir Putin (of Russia)… It’s totally absurd… it’s a really terrifying possibility.”

Watch the video below of Matt Damon slamming Sarah Palin

Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is “Totally Absurd”

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 833 » Show All

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH MATT!! I am not a big fan of his but this put him over the top to me!! It is about time someone finally said what most of us have been thinking… I said it last week and I will say it again… McCain is a heartbeat away from another heart attack and I don’t want someone with such WARPED views as Palin running MY Country!!

THANKS SO MUCH MATT!!!

Obama/Biden 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Matt Matt Matt. I loved you BEFORE you opened your mouth.

Ugh, I hate celebrities and their politics.

Sugarsugar @ 09/10/2008 at 1:58 pm

Yet, I’m sure he thinks Obama, with all of his 143 days in the Senate is so very qualified to be President of the United States. I think we’re pretty scr***d either way, but people in the entertainment industry should keep their political views to themselves.

SexistDemocrats @ 09/10/2008 at 1:58 pm

i supported Hillary Clinton and I was thinking of voting Obama-Biden but all these sexist remarks from their supporters has turned me OFF completely and I’m voting McCain-Palin now. The shift was caused by all the sexist remarks towards a woman candidate and now a lot of women are being turned off.

If Obama had really been for “change” he would have chosen Hillary as a running mate not Joe Biden. When it came to making his first important decision he caved and chose a Washington insider. The pick of Palin has blown him out of the water. His “”change” is nothing but rhetoric. And he is a hypocrit to call Plain inexperienced.

btw Matt, not everything is life is compared to a movie. Get real.

stfu Matt!! @ 09/10/2008 at 2:02 pm

These celebrities need to shut up about politics already and let people make up their own minds. I honestly don’t care about the race, gender, age….whatever about any of the candidates, I’m listening to the issues before I make up my mind. It is unfortunate that all this racist, ageist, sexist crap is even in the media in the 1st place, because I think it is overshadowing the real focus, which is on what will improve the state of the country.

YOU BASHNG MATT BUT HE IS BETTER OFF THAN YOU DISGUISING PEOPLE BASHING HIM. AMERCANS HAVE BORROWED ALOT OF MONEY, CHINA OWNS PART OF AMERICA ALMOST 2 TRILLONS DOLLARS INVESTED IN YOUR COUNTRY TO BAIL YOU OUT AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS WHAT MATT IS SAYING AND HE IS RIGHT.YES DISAGREE WITH HIM BUT DON’T TELL HIM NOT TO COMMENT ABOUT PALIN HE IS A TAX PAYER TOO. PLEASE AMERICANS STOP YOUR STUPDITY NOW AND START TALKING ABOUT THE REAL ISSUES NOT PERSONALITIES AMERICAN IS GOING DOWN AND ALL YOU CARE IS WHAT MATT DAMON SAID,IF AMERICANS CONTINUE WITH THIS STUPDINESS THEN AMERICAN CAN KISS BEING A SUPER POWER,PEOPLE STOP INVESTING IN AMERICA AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR NEGOTIATIONS STATUS TO OTHER COUNTRIES. IF THAT IS WHAT AMERICA WANTS THEN GO AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT NONE ISSUES. IT IS SUCH A PITY IT USED TO BE SUCH A GREAT COUNTRY. IT IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, SAD

McCain_Palin'08 @ 09/10/2008 at 2:04 pm

McCain – Putin ’08!!

I have no idea what I’m doing but I am Russian and I know how to turn this country into communism!!!!!!!!!!!

Republicans are so annoying. When diddy said the same thing they whipped out their racist remarks and said ‘what does a black man know?’ now than an educated actor(who spends most of his free time learning about politics and working with the UN and charities

throughout the world) says the exact same thing, since you cant play the race card you say ‘what does an actor know?’

Do you all not realise that this is exactly what millions and millions of people think? Sarah Palin wont even give a freakin interview! How is anyone supposed to make an informed decision when she wont even talk.

I completley agree with everything he has said, not because he’s an actor but because it is one hundred percent the truth.

Obama you should be worrying about!!! McCain will prolly live longer than Obama.

trish waldman @ 09/10/2008 at 2:04 pm

Every time Damon or Afflect (Damflect) open there mouthes I want to yell “SHUT THE F*** UP!!!! These two hollywood ass kissers parade around like they know what is best for America, why they go over to third world countries and have their pictures taken with poor kids so they can tell us how giving they are. Hey Matt! Palin has far more experience then Obama! What an idiot. I hope his three daughters don’t use Matt as a role model.

Why would we care what Matt Damon thinks about politics? I didn’t pay much attention to him before, but I surely won’t now. These guys place far too much value on themselves and their opinions.

Make up your minds for yourselves, people – don’t listen to Hollywood!!!!

I really hate it when celebrities get involved in politics!!

Sarah Palin is nothing more than a tiny part of a bigger machine.

She’s against abortions = had a child with down syndrome.
Against sex before marriage = her own CHILD is now pregnant.
And Alaska? Do I even have to go there?
She’s a crazy christian just like Bush.

Im glad I live in europe.

Matt Damon is just saying what millions have been thinking.

A vote for McCain is not really a vote for him to be president, its a vote for Palin.

And that really is a scary thought

46 Model @ 09/10/2008 at 1:19 pm

HES FOLLOWING POLITICS …
——-
He obviously is not, and isn’t planning to! He said so himself – that he doesn’t know anything about her and he thinks he isn’t going to know anything about her in eight weeks. Then why is he judging her? Because she is a woman.
Doesn’t he know, and don’t you know, that women are as good as, and often better than, men?

Check your spelling before you press ‘submit!”

Who cares if he is an actor. That has nothing to do with it. He is a smart man and he has every single right to make his opinion public. Your all making it sound like he just made some idiot comment. Did you fools even WATCH the video? He is incredibly educated and elequent in how he speaks. He know’s what he’s talking about. He’s not just another idiot actor trying to get some press. He makes some very valid points, and if all the Republicans can to to rebutle is spout hate for him, that says a hell of alot more you all then it does about Matt Damon, Obama or any actor with an opinion

Sarah_Palin'08 @ 09/10/2008 at 2:10 pm

I voted for Alaska’s independence from the rest of the America because you people suckkkk!!!!!!!!!!! I hate America, I love Russia. Alaska will gain its independence from the crappy states of America once I become the VP!!!!!!!! Mark my words!!!

Putin – McCain ’08!!!!!!!!!!

F@$&ing a@@hole! I would prefer to take my chances with Palin facing down Putin than do-nonthing pretty boy Obama. Go back to your meaningless Hollywood Damon along with all the other worthless traitor scum that make up your lot.

94 polly @ 09/10/2008 at 1:46 pm TERI @ 09/10/2008 at 1:44 pm

A direct quote from Barack Hussien Obama’s Book, “Audacity of Hope, “I will stand with the MUSLIMS should the political winds shift in an ugly direction”, He did NOT say Americans.!!!!!!!!!, Think long and hard before you cast your vote. Once a Muslim always a muslim. Obama doesn’t have much experience to be our President either.

AMEN!
——-
What? He said that? It’s in writing? I can hardly believe it. Why hasn’t anyone asked him to expand on that statement?

matt damon, you think women cant take on Putin I beg to differ lol

What qualitfies him to say anything????????

HE’S AN AMERICAN AND CAN SAY WHATEVER THE HELLLL HE WANTS! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? WERE SOME OF YOU RAISED IN COUNTIRES WHERE OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT FOR YOU AND SPOKE FOR YOU????????????? SINCE WHEN MUST YOU AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SOMEONE SAYS? SINCE WHEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE, THEY ARE CONSIDERED BAD? THE PROBLEM WITH AMERICANS IS THAT YOU ARE LACKING IN EDUCATION. INSTEAD OF HUFFING AND PUFFING AND SWEATNG LIKE PIGS WHILE WADLING DOWN THE STREET LOOKING FOR A JUNK FOOD STORE TO STUFF YOUR FACE, HUFF AND PUFF YOUR WAY DOWN YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY OR LOCAL ACCREDITED UNVERSITY AND STUFF YOUR FACE WITH EDUCATION INSTEAD. LEARN WHAT THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS DOING OVERSEAS IN YOUR NAME

McCain-Palin08 @ 09/10/2008 at 2:15 pm

McCain_Palin’08 @ 09/10/2008 at 1:48 pm

Sarah Putin – John McCain ‘08!!!!!!!!!!

Let the communism reign!!!!!!!!!
********************************************************************************
Barack Hussein Obama- Biden ’08
Let the Extremist Islam reign!!!!!

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 833 » Show All