Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is "Totally Absurd"

Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is

Matt Damon just spoke out on Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin to The Associated Press. The 37-year-old actor compares her possibility of being President to a ‘really bad Disney movie’. Ouch!

Damon shared, “I think there’s a really good chance Sarah Palin could become president, and I think that’s a really scary thing… I don’t know anything about her and in eight weeks, I don’t think I’m going to know anything about her. I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town and she’s the governor for Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand. I think the pick was made for political purposes… Do the actuary tables and there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that [John] McCain doesn’t survive his first term and it’ll be President Palin… It’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom, you know, ‘oh, I’m just a hockey mom’… and she’s facing down Vladimir Putin (of Russia)… It’s totally absurd… it’s a really terrifying possibility.”

Watch the video below of Matt Damon slamming Sarah Palin

Matt Damon: Sarah Palin is “Totally Absurd”

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 933 » Show All
Original jpf @ 09/10/2008 at 2:15 pm

So much ignorance it’s scary. A bunch of kids talking and saying squat but “celeb’s should leave the politics to pro’s.” You, and not Obama, McCain or Bush are the true downfall of America. You all sound like myna birds parroting each other and your parents. You haven’t read up on anything, watched anything, become familier with the issues and yet, you’ve decided that Obama’s the devil and McCain/Palin are the second coming. It’s sad and scary and unbelievable in this age of information. You are your future and God help us.

jpf

Matt is such an idiot! McCain/Palin all the way!

I love it @ 09/10/2008 at 2:16 pm

Hey, I like John McCain. I think he loves this country and wants to do a great job to reform it.

I can’t accept this woman. She’s too young. She comes across as “fluffy” even tho I’m sure she’s smart. She’s gonna deal with a lot of chauvinist men in these other countries. Palin is too young and too pretty to be taken seriously, that is, if McCain should unfortunately pass on. If McCain is elected, Palin becomes Prez. I can’t see that. I can’t see her as Prez.

If McCain wanted a woman, he should have selected someone more mature and not so hockey-mom-ish. I don’t like her speaking voice either. It’s a little squeaky.

Palin is a good woman for sure, but I think she was the wrong choice. A woman who carries herself like Senator Clinton would be better. I wasn’t crazy about Clinton either, but she has the appearance of a leader.

Matt Damon can say what he wants to say just like the rest of us. Ben Affleck is his good buddy and I’m sure they both are passionate about politics. Actors have a great voice and they are adding much to this debate.

This race is going to be close.

McCain and Palin gets my vote

“…cause she’ll have th nuclear codes” that cracks me up. That joke was delievered well. But it actually reminds me of the argument people used to make about women not being able to be president because they menstruate. It’s like “why can’t women be president”? oh cause they’ll nuke someone when they’re on their period. “why can’t creationist be president?” because they’ll nuke someone cause their so stupid. Disagreeing with someone’s religious or political beliefs is not an argument to help establish their stupidity or willingness to start a nuclear holocaust. It only establish’s your inability to logically argue.

I also loved how he said they choose her for “political reasons”! Why else would they chose her… it’s politics! They not going to choose her for metaphysical reasons!

But I still love Matt Damon I think he is one of the only decent people in that industry. I’m just always uneasy about using your movie promoting time to discuss your politcal beliefs.

Who gives a **** what he thinks or any other celebrity for that matter. They shouldn’t even be able to vote because no one lives less in the real world than they do. Do you think issues like the price of gas affects them???

Absolutely. And when she comes out of her hiding after being tutored 7th grade American History & Foreign Policy by Joe Liberman, all her comments will be scripted and rehearsed.

And let me ask all the Palin supporters: are you voting for her personality? Because to be a president one needs passion, knowledge and integrity – these Sarah does not possess. Use your logic and stop the ignorance.

Obama/Biden 08′

Re: If Obama had really been for “change” he would have chosen Hillary as a running mate not Joe Biden. When it came to making his first important decision he caved and chose a Washington insider. The pick of Palin has blown him out of the water. His “”change” is nothing but rhetoric. And he is a hypocrit to call Plain inexperienced.

The Clintons are powerful democrats and Obama snubbed them!!! There is no unity. Nothing but empty words and a candidate that used to be slick on the podium. Now, he stutters his way through every speech.

And what exactly does Matt Damon know about Barack Obama? What I know is although he and his wife have been a success in America, they are not proud of their country. I know he associates with racist Pastors – Jeremiah Wright and Michael Pfleger. In fact, they are mentors. I know he had a chance to endorse a candidate that would have removed the dirty politicians in Cook County but he didn’t because they have contributed to his political campaign. I know he has benefited from the Chicago machine. I know he’s associated with Bill Ayers. I know Barack Obama got a sweet deal on his house the same day Tony Rezko paid full price for the empty lot next door. I know he assisted Tony Rezko get milions of dollars of deals from the government. I know Al-Mansour, an advisor to Saudi prince and a racist, helped him get on the Harvard Law Review. These aren’t just tangential relationships. Emil Jones has said that he created this US Senator- how else did Barack Obama take credit for the legistation during his last year in the State Senate of Illinois. He’s whole life he’s been running for office. In fact, he’s been running for office the last 59 of 112 months. That’s what I know about Obama – That’s SCARY to me.

excuse you @ 09/10/2008 at 2:22 pm

TERI @ 09/10/2008 at 1:44 pm A direct quote from Barack Hussien Obama’s Book, “Audacity of Hope, “I will stand with the MUSLIMS should the political winds shift in an ugly direction”, He did NOT say Americans.!!!!!!!!!, Think long and hard before you cast your vote. Once a Muslim always a muslim. Obama doesn’t have much experience to be our President either.
__________________________________________________

You are a religious bigot . You’re probably a Jew. Or a hyporcrite “Christian”.

By the way “Hussein” means beautiful, & handsome in arabic. Very fitting. He should use that middle name more often because it would annoy all the close minded pwople in this country. Maybe when he’s President he will embrace the name his parents gave him. It would be a statement to the world saying. look, you can have a name like I do and be President of the United States. Cool.

Matt.Damon.Rules.

Original jpf @ 09/10/2008 at 2:24 pm

Orchid @ 09/10/2008 at 2:13 pm

No, he didn’t and the poster is one more reason why America should be very afraid. You find it for yourself Orchid and it’s quite easy to do.
Don’t leave here giving validation to that persons choosing to not only remain misenformed, but misenforming you also. Do your homework and educate yourself. Don’t let me or anyone choose what you should believe. Don’t allow soundbites, misquotes, edited 2nd hand information to form your thoughts. You’re smarter than that I hope.

jpf

elizabeth @ 09/10/2008 at 2:24 pm

OK people need to calm the **** down. Matt Damon is an American citizen, he has as much right to speak what he feels about this election as anyone else. So I’m a college student at a rally, should I just stay “to what I know”? Hell no.
I just can’t stand people who see celebrities as a completely seperate entity than anyone else. They are PEOPLE, who live in this country and are going to be affected by this election. If Matt wants to go out and say what he feels about Sarah Palin, then power to him. It’s not like he’s running for office. He has FREEDOM OF SPEECH. GET OVER IT PEOPLE!

who cares? @ 09/10/2008 at 2:25 pm

Actors like Matt Damon are puppets. All actors know how to do it what they’re told. Wear what we tell you to where, stand where we tell you to stand, say what we tell you to say…that’s it. These ideas aren’t Matt’s. They are the ideas of whomever it is who pulls his strings.
People don’t listen to celebrities, decide for yourselves!!

Right, because Obama has so much more experience. His entire year working as a senator really puts his credentials up there with McCain and Biden. And by the way Matt, most cities in the U.S. are small. I wonder if he is saying this because he honestly believes it or he is just sexist. Why can’t she be president?? Clinton was governor of Arkansas, Bush was governor of Texas. Neither of them had federal government experience. Besides, a president’s cabinet is what really matters. Both Clinton and Bush had extremely powerful cabinets. And Matt, I think you are “totally absurd.” You are just another rich celebrity who thinks he knows everything.

I just lost so much respect for Matt Daman. He condems a woman for basically rising against the odds. What I find terrifying is that a lot of people will consider Matt Damon the expert he thinks Sarah Palin should be and listen to what he’s blabbing about because he pretends for a living. ******.

whats more terrifying would be having obama as president…since he has just as much experience

To those who quote Matt saying that he does not know much about Palin. His comments are logical in a way that Sarah has not proved herself as a politician through extensive experience. Certainly people can learn about her even in one day, but that does not mean the information is reliable. Talk is cheap, she has to show the results of her past work.

And another thing Matt, Putin is NOT the president of Russia. He is the Prime Minister. These are two separate distinctions in Russia and no the terms are not interchangeable. Get it right Mr. Bourne Identity. Where is your head at?? In your Hollywood mansion??

120 andrew @ 09/10/2008 at 2:10 pm

…he has every single right to make his opinion public.
Of course!

Your all making it sound like he just made some idiot comment.
How can an educated guy judge a person he admits he knows nothing about?

You’re not Your

What the **** – he ought to discuss stupid actors like himself – this ought to be a Hollywood run-off

HE’S SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad and Angie Fan @ 09/10/2008 at 2:34 pm

Matt bad move. Wear a tee shirt with Barack Hussaine Obamas name on it
Just because some of us watch your movies doesnt mean we think you are smart enough to tell us who to vote for.
What do you know? Seriously Putin is not Russias president for one and even with Brack Hussaine Obamas 50 lawyers trailing around Sarah Palins hometown to see if they can find anything to smear her good name a little or alot more really
all that has done is send more votes Palins way. Family issues have nothing to do with being a VP.

Sit down Matt and read your script before you lose more fans.

McCain Palin 08

Matt Damon is making comments about political issues, but he is not familiar with the fact, that Putin IS NOT PRESIDENT of Russia. Dmitry Miedwiediew is president. Putin is prime minister.

Um….there is a thing in this country called “Freedom Of Speech”. What he said may not perfect, but it is still HIS RIGHT! Yes, he is an actor. That is his occupation. He is also a US citizen. People who say he needs to shut up might want to consider moving to a place where there is no such thing as free speech. Then talk to me!

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 933 » Show All