Nicole Kidman is a Big Screen Wonder

Nicole Kidman is a Big Screen Wonder

Nicole Kidman is set to star and produce in a new action-adventure titled The Eighth Wonder.

The story revolves around an archeological discovery that leads to a race around the world. Simon Kinberg and Laurence Mark will be producing.

Even though Nic was named the most overpaid celebrity in Hollywood, Just Jared still thinks she’s worth seeing on the big screen!

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Nicole Kidman being called the most overpaid celebrity?

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

I think that is ridiculous
Botox queen.

Celine dion @ 09/17/2008 at 9:38 am

You cannot erase a talent like Kidman’s. She also opts for daring movie projects and independent movies, therefore she doesn’t make the big summer blockbuster bucks everyone’s hoping for.

I’m glad she’s still offered roles… and remember that a great actress like Katherine Hepburn was once dubbed as “box office poison”.

ANOTHER FLOP JUST LIKE AUSTRALIA HER NEXT MOVIE.
SHE NEED TO TAKE A LONG LONG BREAK FROM MOVIES.
ALL HER MOVIES HAVE NOT BEEN DOING SO WELL ESPECIALLY IF SHE’S THE LEADING CHARACTER.
AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY MONEY AND TIME ON ANY OF HER FLOPPY MOVIES.

overpaid and undertalented @ 09/17/2008 at 9:44 am

AGREE! Nikkers is over paid for her so called talent and dwindling box office draw. she should quit the botox and learn how to act. failing that go home to hubby and baby and take a goddam break. she banged on about wanting a baby (ignoring the first two) for 10 years, now she has a real one, she is back on set in oz and now the uk in a matter of weeks. desperate. unhappy, untalented. botoxed to the brink. bet you’re sorry you asked hey jared? ;-)

I think some movie execs are behind that “list”. Of course they don’t want to pay more than they have to.

Nicole is just as good of an actor as any of the other “movie stars”.

I have never thought she is talented. She was merely pushed by her influencial ex-husuband who felt sorry for dumping her. After that period is over, she reveals herself nothing. I have never seen hear ‘acting.’

andamentothat @ 09/17/2008 at 10:00 am

Not sure if she is really worth the $ (especially in these hard times ) to watch her on the big screen.

Hugh jackwoman @ 09/17/2008 at 10:09 am

妮可就賠錢貨阿
離我家小曼遠點

I agree. I think she’s a really good actress… She’s very talented. I can’t wait to see Australia and I sure hope they make a 2nd Golden Compass. I loved her in that movie

I think she’s a very talented actress..
she’s always been an actress than a celebrity. That’s why she chose so many daring/indie movie than blockbuster/summer hit movies

If her movies flop, it’s not only her fault. There were also other casts, directors, etc. But people always blame everything on her.
That’s completely ridicoulus and nonsense…

Also, if she got millions of dollars, it’s not her mistake right? I mean it’s the studio’s decision, she just asked you know… And who will refuse????

She has more money than she could ever spend in a life time,so why not take time off and be with her child. Is it greed or what? I just don’t understand people like her. I have to think long and hard before I spend money on any of these so called stars. What a game!!!!!!!
Mary

I like her and think she is very talented. The most over paid actor to me is her EX Tom Cruise and the most over paid actress would be Jennifer Aniston.

agree with you kym!

Nicole looks really pretty in the photo above.

I so agree with you jared!!!! @ 09/17/2008 at 10:39 am

she’s worth seeing on the big screen!

gypsy marie @ 09/17/2008 at 10:42 am

I think she is a terrible actor. I don’t see the appeal at all!

tengo tantas cosas que decir de todo esto que no se como empesar .nicole es una exelente actris con una gran belleza lo unico que pienso que perjudico su carrera fue el botox por que es buena actris eso si nadie duda. pero me da mucho sentimiento que una gran actris como es nicole pensara mas en verse joven que en la actuacion .nicole tiene un vicio que es muy dificil de curar y necesita ayuda no es una broma nicole no a tenido un familiar cercano .esposo ,madre padre, hermano ,amigo que de verdad se preocupe por ella y le diga cosas sinceramente importantes en la vida que no son necesariamente meterse botox para verse no se como por que deverian eliminar el botox es destructivo .ella es un gran ser humano se le nota cuando la miras pero es muy ignaorante y muy sana ella piensa que todo el mundo es su amigo pero nicole esta envuelta en mucho envidia y celos de todas clase desde profecionales hasta sentimentales.nicole era una de las mas perfecta belleza buen cutis,buen cuerpo , altura , buena actris, poseia todo pero la envidia de los demas la esta destruyendo .haora que tiene su hija deveria dedicarse a ella y irse de ese mundo de holiwood donde pasa todo esto y fue la que logro quien es nicole hoy en dia muy insegura de ella misma .y si quiere triunfar por ultima ves en holiwood que renencie al botox nunca lo necesito nicole era y es hermosa sin esa muy destructiva sustancia el botox.

Nicole Kidman is one of the best, so I also agree with u this time just jared

for god’ s sake please nicole stop acting and being botox queen

Forber’s list was attacked by many people for its mistakes. The can’t calculate the excact result of the box office with how much actors are paid in movies.
The list is totally faked, and it was another way to attack Nicole. After the botox this is a new boring way.

Can anyone explain me if she was so overpaid why Fox will produce another big blockbuster with her as a protagonisti? It’s a paradox.

Personally I think every actor is over paid, and I think every single dollar earned by Lindsay Lohan or Megan Fox is a scandal.
Maybe Nicole is overpaid but she deserved every dollar she earned for the movie she did.

Wow! That’s funny! Two years ago people said Nicole was the greatest actress in the world, and now that she’s overpaid, she’s terrible..

People are very strange..

Nicole IS A GREAT ACTRESS because first of all she’s an artist. Who cares how much her movies did at box office?
Many great movies flopped in movie’s history.

I think she is incredibly talented and incredibly underrated. I’ve never understood why she doesn’t make better movie choices. She has been excellent in almost everything she’s done, beginning with Dead Calm, way back when.

She was completely stifled when she was married to Tom Cruise and blossomed after they divorced – her movies just don’t make a whole lot of money, which is not a reflection of her talent, btw. It’s all about marketing and story appeal. I think she is “tainted” because of her former marriage, which is really sad. Same thing is happening to Katie Holmes, who is FAR less talented than Nicole.

nicole is great, and she deserves all the possible resperct in the world

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/17/2008 at 11:00 am

LOOOOOVE NICKY!!! SHE’S AN AMAZING ACTRESS AND I DON’T GIVE A TOSS WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT HER. I’D PAY TO HER ANYTIME!!

The movies she makes that appeal to the commercial-driven audience with bad taste do better (i.e., Bewitched). Its the cerebral stories/films (a la, Margot at the Wedding, The Human Stain (EXCELLENT, btw), The Hours, The Invasion) that don’t do so well. Not surprising, not everyone wants to or is capable of using their brain when they’re at the theater

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All