Johnny Depp is The Mad Hatter

Johnny Depp is The Mad Hatter

Johnny Depp and Disney announced at the Walt Disney Studios Showcase in Hollywood, that he will play the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland.

Depp and Burton first teamed up for the 1990’s film Edward Scissorhands. This latest version of Alice In Wonderland will be in 3D, using a mix of live action and performance capture CGI.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star will also play the sidekick Tonto in the upcoming movie version of The Lone Ranger.

Depp also agreed to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Johnny Depp in these new roles?

Photos: Frazer Harrison/Getty
Posted to: Johnny Depp

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

i think its awesome! I love Johnny!!

GREAT! i love him. he’s amazing

JOHNNY DEPP MARRY ME.

file under uninspired @ 09/25/2008 at 8:54 am

personally…… I am totally sick of Tim Burton’s ****** remakes. This will be crap and over acted as usual….using the same cast as with every other movie………this is sounding more like a repeat of the last movie, which was a repeat of the movie before, and which copied the movie before that…..etc…

Some media reported he has an accou nt on a site to find love. It seems it’s called ‘Ri ch kis s Co m’ it is said it brings rich women and young men together. After checking it,I saw a lot of charming girls and rich men in the club.

well, go ahead !!!!! I love you :) Good luck :D
Johnny Depp is made for Disney :P

I saw parts of one Pirates of the caribbean movie and thought it was sooooo boring. I really don’t get how that franchise is so successful. I kinda figured he’d end up in the new Burton and hopefully it’s an interesting movie. I wonder if Burton’s wife will end up in this movie as well??

fourth Pirates of the Caribbean??? They must make it a serial … LOL

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 09/25/2008 at 9:00 am

;it’s nō different from all the other shīt he’s been doing.

..pirates needs to be 86′d ~ it’s kinda garbage.

I never really liked the pirates of the caribbean,but im kinda excited about alice in wonderland!

Great! He’s a fine actor and person and has a marvellous voice. Not to speak of his eyes…………..mmm

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/25/2008 at 9:10 am

Fourth Pirates? I hope they bring back the entire cast, ’cause I’ll miss Orlando. Love Tim Burton and Johnny movies. They are soooo strange, but fun. I JUST LOVE JOHNNY! He can do ANYTHING!!!

andamentothat @ 09/25/2008 at 9:13 am

I think he is getting pigeon holed into too many Disney movies and characters.. The 4th pirates is a bit much but should still be fun. Depp as Mad hatter could be another endearing role.

richard peterson @ 09/25/2008 at 9:45 am

my favourite actor

creativegirl @ 09/25/2008 at 9:46 am

Whooo Hooo! Pirates 4! I can’t wait. I love those movies and would love a 4th one.

But everyone has to come back – Keira and Orlando – or it won’t be the same.

I think that Tim Burton could do a good job at a retelling of Alice in Wonderland and that its the type of story that is just ripe to be made into a 3D version. Johnny kicks ass at whatever he does and he will make a splendid Mad Hatter. So I have high hopes for this movie.

I love the new 3D format of movies, so I think it would be great to see it. And whatever it takes to keep these classic fairytale stories moving forward for new generations to enjoy, I’m all for it.

GOD! please not another Pirates of the Caribbean!! whyy? when didn´t anything to deserve it!

btw, this guy is awesome! :) love him in finding neverland

Peace.

There’s gonna be a fourth?! Man… they should’ve stopped at three… But either way it’s Johnny Depp so I’ll go see it :D

Johnny Depp is VERY HOT :D

I can’t stand overrated Depp!!! I’m sick to death of him, the man can only master one character and that’s creepy English guy.

I thought the 3rd Pirates was the last one?? Not sure how I feel about it. The first movie was awesome, but neither of the other two lived up to it.

Anyway, I love him, and I’m so excited to see him as the Mad Hatter! He’ll be amazing!

Can’t wait for the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean!!

-@Teresa “the man can only master one character and that’s creepy English guy”

Oh, really? Just a few masterful roles having nothing to do with ‘creepy English guy’.

Edward Scissorhands
Gilbert Grape
Ed Wood
William Blake
Donnie Brasco
Raoul Duke
George Jung

I love Johnny Depp he is so hot.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All