Tom Cruise - 'Valkyrie' Poster - FIRST LOOK

Tom Cruise - 'Valkyrie' Poster - FIRST LOOK

Tom Cruise‘s new movie Valkyrie just released its first poster to the public.

The film had undergone a number of reshoots and date changes and is not being pushed to be released on Dec. 26. The movie involves an assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler in the final months of World War II.

The film is directed by Bryan Singer. Eddie Izzard, Carice van Houten and David Bamber also co-star in the movie.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the new Valkyrie poster – YAY or NAY?

tom cruise valkyrie first poster 01

Yay. I love it .It’s so unconventional, but I think it works well.

The Mummy @ 09/25/2008 at 1:23 pm

It looks really cool

One can only hope the movie is a hell of a lot better than the poster.

The movie might do better if they don’t put Tom’s name on the poster. They need to just put “Tiny Tom” at the top of the poster. Everyone would know who they’re talking about.

Maria (Shorty) @ 09/25/2008 at 1:33 pm

I DON’T GIVE A TOSS. POSTER IS BORING AND SO WILL ‘TINY TOM’.

tiny tommy @ 09/25/2008 at 1:38 pm

Boring poster. Tom is supposed to be a Nazi in this movie and he does not try to speak with a german accent. It is just tom cruise being tom cruise. This should be straight to dvd.

tiny tommy @ 09/25/2008 at 1:38 pm

CARICE VAN HOUTEN !!! CARICE VAN HOUTEN !!! CARICE VAN HOUTEN !!!

yay this film really looks so cool so ı can ‘ t wait for it

hes finally taller than someone other than suri.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 09/25/2008 at 1:58 pm

..great poster.

Tom Cruise is a fine actor. People should seperate the ugly attacks on him and his family’s religion (who cares??) and his abilities. Go Tom!

Love It, I can’t wait to see the movie!!!!

Eddie Izzard, Carice van Houten and David Bamber also co-star in the movie.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Jared, you should also mention Kenneth Branagh and Bill Nighy are in the film. I can’t wait to see this. The story sounds really interesting and it has a great cast.

The poster’s nice, BUT I won’t see anything associated with Tom Cruise.

Forget Valkyrie @ 09/25/2008 at 2:08 pm

Who cares. I wouldn’t go see a Cruise movie if it was the only movie in theaters. The guy is a shill for a dangerous cult. I’m not giving him or the company he “owns” (15% of) one red cent.

And please don’t give me this crap about freedom of religion. Cruise can pray to a purple frog named Esther for all I care. It has nothing to do with the practice of the religion and everything to do with the human rights abuses, stealing of money, operating as a “church” when they are in fact a corporation, disconnection, fair game and black pr. None of those things have anything to do with what Cruise believes and everything to do with hurting others and damaging society.

I love it. The best poster I’ve seen this year!

sheila C. @ 09/25/2008 at 2:10 pm

So sad all you losers from Free Katie feel that you have to actually post at any site that mentions Tom just to spread your hate. These are the same people all over his IMDB boards spreading the same garbage. Why don’t you get a new hobby honestly?Dances with Elephants what a loser!!!!!

sheila C. @ 09/25/2008 at 2:13 pm

Notice only 20 losers protested Katie at All MY Sons because no one else cares.NO ONE CARES FREE KATIANS GIVE IT UP!!!

I’m confused. Is this poster for the movie “Hitler’s Eleven”?

The Mummy @ 09/25/2008 at 2:15 pm

That’s pretty impractical, #15 and #16.

You’re not going to avoid an Oscar winning movie because the key grip is a Scientologist.

Urmmm it’s ok. I guess that’s the plan of a building in the background. The assassination attempt was pretty lame in actuality. They tried to blow up Hitler during a meeting by sliding a briefcase bomb under this massively thick table. At least they tried…too bad they couldn’t come up with a better idea.

AWESOME!!! @ 09/25/2008 at 2:18 pm

This movie looks great and has been getting fantastic buzz in early screenings. Thankfully, the studio bumped it up to December! Potential Oscar nominee!?!

Ugh..anything Tom Cruise..I’m
allergic to.
Tom as a Nazi? ugh…

It is very cool. Tom looks extremely sexy here. Fortunately, he is not so “free-spirited”. otherwise, Katie should be really careful.

LOL…#3 and 4 !!!

Right on #16 !!!

The board is full of scien-toads again. And the stalker is back.

tiny tommy @ 09/25/2008 at 1:38 pm

___________________________________________________

please get it right! Claus von Stauffenberg, the man who tom portrays, was not a member of the nazi party although he did agree with some of it’s nationalistic ideas. Contrary to what many may believe not all in the wehrmact were members of the nazi party. and quite honestly, considering the importance of the subject i really don’t care if tom speaks with a german accent or not.

Laurasthought @ 09/25/2008 at 2:37 pm

I can’t stop myself, I must comment to #25.
Um, it’s a “sexy” look only because it isn’t a real picture of Cruise.
Funny how hes the “tallest” one on the poster, too. Or am I just seeing too much into it? Nazi seems a perfect role for Tom, but I’ll never know, because I will never watch it. I wont be missing anything special.

#20…totally agree. first thing i thought of were the ocean’s 11 franchise posters.

Go carice van Houten! GO the Netherlands!

Go carice van Houten! GO the Netherlands!

pingy_ponga @ 09/25/2008 at 2:57 pm

It looks abit like th Oceans posters

Boring!!!Nowhere on the poster do I see Thomas Kretschmann,the most beautiful German I’ve ever seen and probably the only one who will be worth watching.

Poster is pretty good. Actually make Tom look manly.
Perhaps the December release is about Oscar time.

I won’t see it, but I’m sure someone will.

Poster is pretty good. Actually make Tom look manly.
Perhaps the December release is about Oscar time.

I won’t see it, but I’m sure someone will.

LOVE IT! Will watch this movie definitely.

Love it love it love it!!!!

So what is the point behind all the Cruise haters..are you trying to persuade others to join you cult of hating him?

Have any of the hateful comments diminished Scientology or people joining them?

to Forget Valkyrie @ 09/25/2008 at 5:54 pm

re your post: 09/25/2008 at 2:08 pm

you don’t have to go see any film you don’t want to. but you know i do care. not about tom per se and he can be a spokesperson for any religion/cult he chooses to be. what interests me and is more important than any one actor is the subject matter. as for your “red cent” believe me he doesn’t need it. that man has more than enough money to keep him and his wife/children happy for the rest of their lives. from what i understand; that man doen’t even have to work any longer despite what happened recently in the stock market.

as for religion; are you aware the largest religious corporation in the world is the roman catholic church. it too has a very long history of human right abuses etc. etc. care to protest against them?? and as for that xenu guy, yes i looked at the web site, well you know it’s no stranger than main stream christianity.

let’s see we have the main stream christians who believe that a virgin girl was made pregnant by a god. she then gave birth to god’s son who in turn grew up to become a pest to the romans. he died on the cross and three days after he was buried magically rose from the dead. then, and this is the good part, he flew up into heaven.

oh yeah, in between birth and death he um walked on water, turned vinegar in to wine, caused someone dead to come back to life etc etc. so i ask you, how is that any stranger than the belief in this xenu guy??

Despite the fact it looks like a good movie, Tom has ruined his career.

What is this? This looks more than Ocean’s Eleven or some Tarantino Ganster Flick than a WW II / Nazi Movie…

FAIL!!!

I just googled free katie, thanks for letting me know about that board, it is so cool, I never knew so many people didn’t like Tom Cruise I thought it was just my friends and I.

Oh yeah and I want be watching any of his movies anytime soon.

Carice, CARICE, CARICE :D Carice = dutch pride! :D

i just googled free katie as well. it was interesting but has no one considered that katie may not want to be rescued. she may be completely happy in her marriage to tom. (although why escapes me).
also, i wonder why no has gone after john travolta as well. i mean, isnt he a member of this scientology.

Nay. It is trying way too hard.

madame duran @ 09/25/2008 at 9:38 pm

#21:

Can’t you read? #15 and #16 was referring to a Scientologist ACTOR, not a key grip. Moviemaking is a team effort but it’s generally the actors (and in some cases the directors, writers and producers) that get the public recognition. When was the last time a movie deal or a successful film promotion was hinging on the performance of a key grip? Hmmm…I’d say NEVER. Tom Cruise’s face is used to sell a film; it’s also his face that is known to be connected to Scientology. That is why HE has become the target. Many of those who have researched Scientology have decided they no longer want to fund an anti-social, anti-spiritual, anti-free speech, non-scientific, unethical organization by financially supporting its main poster boy. And no, that decision isn’t impractical. It’s called “following one’s conscience”. How long has it been since you last exercised yours?

In the same way that Lions for Lambs tanked at the box office, I hope a similar outcome awaits for Valkyrie. I doubt very much that I’ll be avoiding any Oscar winning films because TOM CRUISE WON’T BE APPEARING IN ANY OF THEM!!

**gently puts the bong pipe back in The Mummy’s mouth before retiring for the night**

GOOD VICTORIA @ 09/25/2008 at 10:32 pm

FOR ” TO FORGET VALKYRIE”, NUMBER # 40…..very interesting post, and some of which I agree on….I’m a Roman Catholic myself, and as you said, the church has had it’s share of abuse, and is still paying for it…….BUT, I’m glad that the present Priests and Bishops ( at least in our area in the southeast ), have put in strict laws and regulations to hopefully STOP this from happening again, and by talking to children of all ages about this horrible and despictable crime to a person, especially our children……So far, the results have been great!!!!….Our Catholic schools have never been as crowded as they are now, to the point of building more classrooms………..As you pointed out, in EVERY religion, including ” XENU “, there will always be problems and abuse of power and money………….( sorry, I have gotten carried away )….Tom’s movie is one that should be watched and is important, as one poster said earlier on……I think he will do fine representing a controversial figure that most people really do not know enough about!

#40…. Interesting that you “looked at” the web site yet all you happen to bring up is “that xenu guy”…… Also, interesting that you brought up the Roman Catholic’s history of human rights issues…. yet completely avoided Scientology’s (which if you had actually done any reading or researching on that site, you would have discovered MANY, MANY, MANY).

So Crazy doesn’t need my money? Really?! Whew! Thats a relief….. Then I won’t stress about it, when I pay to go see a nice Christmas movie instead of this garbage.

Free Katian @ 09/26/2008 at 1:23 am

Thanks for the dissertation on the Catholic church, #40. I notice you mysteriously left off any mention of the abuses that occur in Scientology. Perhaps you should boycott movies made by Catholics. As for me, I’M CONCERNED ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY’S ABUSES AND I WILL BOYCOTT CRUISE BECAUSE HE’S THEIR BIGGEST SHILL.

Scientology has their own investigative branch called the OSA. What church needs a branch who’s only job it is to watch their parishners and harass their critics? Scientology also has their own concentration camps call RPF. Do you know of another “church” that run’s something like that? In real churches, you make DONATIONS. In Scientology, you are forced to pay huge sums of money to attend course. If you don’t pay, you can’t walk in the door. Do you know of any other religion that prohibits people from walking in the door without writing a check? With most religions, you can walk into a library, pick up their scriptures and read them for free. You can’t do that with Scientology. You must PAY upfront for their scripture.

I love when ignorant people spout off ridiculous arguments. Even if Catholicism is the worst thing out there, does that make the abuses in Scientology right? Of course not.

Tom Cruise might not need my money personally, but his movies do in order for him to be on top in his business. If he’s no longer on top, he’ll no longer have the power to make movies. It’s my choice to make sure that happens.

Many people are aware of what Cruise does for Scientology including the 10 million bucks he donated to them last year. Many people don’t like that he supports a criminal cult. Hence, we show it by not attending his films.

Lions for Lambs tanked. Valkyrie just may too. Atleast if I have anything to say about it!

sheila c is an idiot @ 09/26/2008 at 1:32 am

———————————————————————————-

#19

You, my dear, are an idiot. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, there were more like 40 protesters at the All My Sons protest. Secondly, anyone with a shred of intelligence would know that Free Katie has nothing whatsoever to do with those protests. They’re run by Anonymous who has thousands upon thousands of members worldwide who protest on a constant basis all over the world. 40 may have been in New York for that protest, but there are thousands of others across the US and in all other parts of the world.

Anonymous has the right to protest anything they choose including the cult of scientology. Our rights to free speech and protest are protected by the consititution. Don’t like it? Too bad. We stand up against the human rights abuses perpetrated by the cult of scientology. What do you stand for? I believe in standing up against something that is so wrong and so harmful that they are responsible for thousands of deaths and suicides. I believe in standing up against the abuse of children that the cult perpetrates. I believe in standing up for those who died and can’t speak for themselves.

By the way, Free Katie is a pretty amazing site. There are many, many intelligent people posting over there. It’s a fun place, but confusing it with Anonymous and their site at Enturbulation.com is just completely and totally absurd.

Cant wait for this movie

AWEEESOMMEEE

Dear Academy,

Give this man the award already.

Peace out,
piper

the incredible edward! @ 09/26/2008 at 9:20 am

When I saw the poster I nearly burst out laughing… not good especially taking in consideration the subject matter. (Then I read the “Hitler’s Eleven” comment and LMAO!).

JJ, Kenneth Branagh, Tom effing Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Tom Hollander, Stephen Fry are in the cast and you only mention the nobodies… GEEE!

A correction: Christ turned WATER into wine, not vinegar… get your facts straight!

This looks so bad I can’t wait to see it!

#40…He didn’t “fly” to Heaven. Idiot.

I’m too busy giving a standing ovation to #49, 50, and 51, to care about the pathetic scientologist trolls.

Is the movie named ‘Tom Cruise’?? What the hell is his name standing out like that for?? You’d think they would minimize that fact…he is a shiteous actor. This movie will tank.

Funny how in 6 minutes in the middle of the night comes this string:

“Cant wait for this movie”
“YAY”
“AWEEESOMMEEE” and then
“Dear Academy, Give this man the award already….”

Nothing for two hours before or six after.

Somebody’s rooting for you Tom. I hope he/she has a bunch of friends also willing to see this flick cause it looks like an impending train wreck. Chief sign of that is the Christmas release against stiff competition. Not exactly family fare.

BTW — although I wouldn’t put my money down on this if your own studio you own doesn’t have faith in it, I’m actually rooting for you.

Poster Does not work. Sorry but next time or if Tom does see this comment. I will do a poster free for the movie. There is so much subject material that could have been used. See art @ http://www.studio5026.com

It’s actually not a bad poster, and this movie looks pretty interesting, but what a terrible release date! Obviously they’re trying to get some oscar buzz, but who the hell is going to see such a heavy and depressing movie at that time of year – interesting or not.

caricefan @ 01/15/2009 at 5:34 pm

I love Carice van Houten! Really good actress and she’s Dutch!

He looks very attractive in this poster! Not something I usually say…I don’t care about the height thing – I think it’s because he looks like he has put on a bit of weight. It suits him.