Nicole Kidman Receives Elle Hollywood Tribute

Nicole Kidman Receives Elle Hollywood Tribute

Nicole Kidman looks green glamorous in Prada at ELLE Magazine’s 15th Annual “Women in Hollywood” Tribute held at The Four Seasons on Monday in Los Angeles.

The 41-year-old Aussie actress is the November 2008 cover girl for Elle. Here are some fantastic highlights from her interview:

On becoming a mother later in life: “At 41, it’s a more painful love. I look at that little girl, and I’m, like, Oh, no, what’s going to happen? It’s almost like my heart is stretching; I’m feeling all these muscles stretch with emotion. It’s a beautiful love but there’s a lot of fear and pain for her life, and for Bella’s and Connor’s life. I like to believe that nothing was stopping Sunday from coming into the world.”

On her screen life compared to real life: “My screen life was far more exciting and beautiful than my real life. I went through this long period of being alone. I was very, very damaged, and I did not want to jump into a relationship, because I would have nothing to give, just shreds of what I was.”

Shirley MacLaine on Nicole: “She has this heavenly quality. I find her so otherworldly beautiful, otherworldly intelligent, otherworldly resilient, I call her My Alien. And only an alien could lose all that baby weight in two weeks.”

Naomi Watts on Nicole’s personality: “She’s not a wallflower, but she can be very shy. By nature she’s someone who isn’t instantly the most comfortable person in the room, but she fights that.”

Ben Chaplin (her Birthday Girl costar) on Nicole’s humor: “She likes naughty-boy humor. She’s very happy with that. I remember the director saying, ‘If Nicole’s flagging, you just need to sauce her up a bit.”

To read up on all the other featured “Women in Hollywood” including Anne Hathaway, Sigourney Weaver, Salma Hayek, Isla Fisher, Jane Fonda, Halle Berry and Catherine Hardwicke, visit Elle.com.

15+ pictures inside of Nicole Kidman‘s Hollywood Tribute by Elle

nicole kidman elle tribute 13
nicole kidman elle tribute 14
nicole kidman elle tribute 15

Photos: Jeff Vespa/WireImage, Michael Buckner/Frederick M. Brown/Getty
Posted to: Nicole Kidman, Sigourney Weaver

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

she is so beautiful! can’t wait 2 see Sunday grow up!

uncle fester @ 10/06/2008 at 11:19 pm

Fabulous as usual ! Love those shoes!

LOVE NICOLE MORE THAN EVER

She looks beautiful!

She is such a classic beauty. She should NOT have inflated her lips. The bottom one looks damaged.

She looks so hot here

NICOLE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!! @ 10/06/2008 at 11:31 pm

OMG I LOVE HER SO!!!

She sucks. What is she being honored for? Biggest forehead and lips in Hollyweird? She has no talent.

Even though I’ve never cared for Nicole, she’s looking great here.

Sexy, hot and gorgeous!

I hate her. She doesn’t care about her kids with Tom. ridiculous!

She sparkles!

Beautiful gal especially at 41.

I would love to see Sunday Rose….if she resembles her mom.

hopefully the clearly visable wrinkles on her face will stop all the critics from saying she doesn’t have any. she looks great in green – probably one of the best colors her for sure.

she’s not breastfeeding, no? Her breasts “says” no no..

she is so beautiful,and she is so talanted!!!

NICOLE YOUR ROOTS ARE SHOWING @ 10/07/2008 at 12:25 am

OMG!!! SHE HAS SO MUCH GRAY HAIR. CHECK OUT HER ROOTS.

NICOLE YOUR ROOTS ARE SHOWING @ 10/07/2008 at 12:25 am

OMG!!! SHE HAS SO MUCH GRAY HAIR. CHECK OUT HER ROOTS.

Wow! Nicole looks beautiful. Green is really a great color on her.

happy @ 10/07/2008 at 12:16 am

……
Then it’s time for another shot of botox.
Therapeutic effect of botox last less than 6 months, I’m sure Nicole Kidman had already arrange her next visit in preparation for her movie promotion on Nov or Dec.?

Lovely, as always. Elle recognizes style.

Looks like she did her own make-up, not as flawless, but more beautiful because she looks like herself.

BONUS: No tree trunks, such a nice change on this particular site :)

Yeah Baby! @ 10/07/2008 at 12:42 am

A sleek redhead in a green dress, that’s what I’m talk’in bout!

root moron @ 10/07/2008 at 12:50 am

So what if you can detect she has some gray hair in her part. It’s only visible from a magnified photo, at over 6 feet in heels, no one is hovering over her head.

Hair grays naturally in your late 30′s and again, so what? It happens to everyone and most women dye their hair.

In the movie business even the men dye their hair.

Again, you did discover the polio vaccine, you simply obsessed over a magnified photo.

GET A LIFE!

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!! @ 10/07/2008 at 12:58 am

vick @ 10/07/2008 at 12:24 am she’s not breastfeeding, no? Her breasts “says” no no..

HOW ON EARTH DO U KNOW SHE´S NOT ONLY FOR LOOKING A FEW PHOTOS? LAME