Gerard Butler Goes Golfing

Gerard Butler Goes Golfing

Gerard Butler tees off with a friend during a round of golf at a course in Los Feliz, Calif., on Thursday afternoon.

It was recently announced that Jamie Foxx will be joining the 38-year-old Scottish stuf in the upcoming psychological cop thriller, Law Abiding Citizen. Foxx has signed on to play a man who is devastated when he learns that one of his wife and daughter’s murderers will be set free. He sets out to seek revenge on the killers and those who made the deal, including a successful assistant district attorney played by Gerry.

gerard butler golf 01

• Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

First, I meant

Catherine Zeta Jones is rumoured o be in that movie too.

Spicylily THAILAND @ 10/10/2008 at 11:01 pm

Love him..
When I saw him with Angie in Lara Croft, I still didn’t know him but remembered that he was hot and great in the role.

Now I’m collecting his movies like….
- 300
- Dear Franky
- The Phantom id the Opera
- The Game of thier Lives
- PS I Love You

If you’re his fan , then I strongly recomend ‘ Dear Franky’ .

He looks like he needs longer clubs. Too tall for those. Otherwise, looking good.

POSTWATCHER @ 10/11/2008 at 12:36 am

Wow, Gerry is acting like a grown up and golfing! Who knew?

hastobesaid @ 10/11/2008 at 4:56 am

Gerard Butler – I’m not gay, I’m not straight, I’m just me!

Gerard Butler has played many heroic characters throughout his career. Dracula. Attila. The Phantom Of The Opera. And very soon, Beowulf. Yet being a real-life hero, he realises, isn’t so easy.
Gerard Butler’s life story is by no means a fairy-tale.
“When I was 16 I had terrible panic attacks about dying. At 24, I thought dying might be a relief.”
Apparently, Gerard Butler’s pearl-white smile hides some dark truths.
Abandoned by his father from birth, Gerard Butler endured a rocky childhood that eventually manifested itself into a rebellious period during which the young Glaswegian dabbled with alcohol and drugs.
Gerard now admits he feels happier in himself. He says: “During some of the most miserable periods of my life, people thought I was very happy. And now that I’m actually happier, I don’t have to show it. I’m more comfortable with myself.”
Almost to demonstrate that, Gerard Butler has gone where many of his peer actors would never venture by giving candid and open interviews.
“My fans now know about my struggles,” he insists, referring to his failed attempts to quit smoking (he is alleged to smoke 60 cigarettes a day!) and his inability to sustain a relationship.
One aspect of himself that he is not yet fully able comprehend is his sexuality. “I talk about my sexuality,” he says, “But it’s always glossed over. People seem to shy away from the issue. Whenever it is discussed, its distended and exaggerated. Gerard Butler is gay. No I’m not. I don’t know myself what I am so it can be bewildering to see that being plugged. I have been in relationships with women. And men. That doesn’t make me gay. That doesn’t make me straight. Its hard enough to go through these things in my mind without being scrutinised about it so there are times when you want to close the door and say my sexuality is my own personal business”
For now, Gerard can enjoy a small level of anonymity. During the release of Tomb Raider 2, Gerard even managed to sneak into a preview screening at the Lowes Theater on 34th Street. “I was late, so I had to find a seat at the side, couldn’t see.” However, he did get to see the fans reactions. “I really enjoyed it!” he admits.
Most likely that anonymity will dissipate with the release of Schumacher’s highly-anticipated- ‘The Phantom Of The Opera’ but Gerard remains confident he can take it in his stride.
“At the end of the day, I’ll deal with it as it comes. I have enjoyed living an almost Earnest-like lifestyle- being able to attend movie premieres one minute and walking around London without being smothered the next. But everything has to change… eventually”
For the meantime, Gerard Butler has a lot to look forward to. Asked how he feels about the implications of his role in The Phantom Of The Opera, Gerard replies “Frightening and exciting.” A paradox just like Gerard himself.

Joanna Gilby @ 10/11/2008 at 5:05 am

Hey, looking good Gerry! I thought that golf was a crap sport but now that he’s doing it, I’m very intresting. I can’t wait for Law Abizing Citizen, sorry about the spelling, I hope it’s very good and shoots his proudction in a new high. It’s a shock that Jamie Foxx is in it, Gerry’s is without doubt there in Hollywood. Good for you, sexy guy!

To hastobesaid. The quote you posted was never said by Gerard. It’s a quote that has been discredited for years. Try to find something new.

Damn, those paparrazzi are everywhere! How distracting to be trying to golf and those jerks stalk people ON the golf course. They are like rats or roaches or something. You gotta know. Golf was invented in Scotland and is very popular there. Look it up.

Go Gerard! Be yourself, honey. Who ever that is.

Gerry Is Still Looking Hott!
I Would Love To Play Golf With Him.

Ha, I love his hat. It’s so very him =)

secret admirer @ 10/11/2008 at 10:06 am

Well, i’d play around with him :)

NYOB. Looks like he’s playing with the standard size clubs. I don’t think they’re his.
Has anyone seen the video of him on the course? Boy, are those paps bitter after his supposed run in with their colleague, several nights ago. Now, he’s going to be a target because he ‘supposedly’ beat one of their own. Poor Gerr.

LOVE the hat. I want one..As long as the man is included as an accessory. ;) He is HOT.

Don’t know what went down with the paparazzi, but one thing I noticed in your photos is that it looks like Butler doesn’t have a mark on his right hand. If he hit anyone as many times as is alleged his knuckles should be swollen and red.

Maybe the photographer just got to close to all those bracelets Butler’s wearing and got his lip caught on one LOL

gillianfey @ 10/11/2008 at 11:38 am

Always look forward to gb at jj. Always look forward to gb at the movies. too. He’s the top.

hastobesaid @ 10/11/2008 at 4:56 am

Gerard Butler – I’m not gay, I’m not straight, I’m just me!

______________________________________________________

bisexual maybe….

Hi, Jared – Thanx once again for always keeping your stories and pix on GB so positive. It’s refreshing! It will be interesting to see how the latest incident (run-in) with the paparazzo plays out. On the one hand, it’s oftentimes fascinating to view pix of celebs in impromptu settings, but on the other, there is much to be said (and established) about invasion of their space or privacy. The truth will out eventually – I hope! Having seen GB in countless recorded interviews and unscripted, on-the-street settings, it’s hard to believe that he wasn’t provoked beyond the norm in this most recent incident.

Crowwoman @ 10/11/2008 at 4:23 pm

Yup. Saint Gerard can do no wrong.

He has very nice thinghs, but that’s about the only thing that is still attractive about him these days. He used to be hot though. Something seemed to happen to his looks after the making of “300″. He’s not been goodlooking after that.

LOL, I meant to say thighs, of course!! Typo. ;)

macordovil @ 10/11/2008 at 7:16 pm

Why does Gerry always have to look like old times?
He’s different now, but he’s still Gerry!!! And I love him, He’s lovely, so manly, so sexy, charismatic, talented and gorgeous, too. He has a special beauty… in a macho way… Some people don’t understand that… Gerry is Gerry… then, now and forever..
Ma