Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes -- FIRST PICTURES

Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes -- FIRST PICTURES

Here are the very first pictures of Robert Downey Jr. filming Sherlock Holmes on Friday, currently filming in Central London.

When asked what he could bring to a character portrayed countless times on film and television, RDJ has joked: “Clearly I’m going to do it better than it’s ever been done. The more I read about it the more overwhelmed I was by the weight of it and the amount of people who will be watching to see if it’s gotten right.”

Check out the pictures below–it looks like RDJ and his stunt double are conferring with each other on how to jump off the building they’re standing on. Also pictured: director Guy Ritchie.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Sherlock Holmes’ new look — HOT or NOT?

10+ pictures inside of RDJ as Sherlock Holmes…

robert downey jr sherlock holmes 01
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 02
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 03
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 04
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 05
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 06
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 07
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 08
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 09
robert downey jr sherlock holmes 10

John Parra/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Charlie Chaplin

For some reason, the word ‘cute’ suddenly just popped into my mind as soon as I saw this.

Try the late Jeremy Brett.

He looks more like Charlie Chaplin! A role he already played years ago!

He seems like Charles Chaplin. I wouldn’t watch any kind of movie of him. He was arrested long time in prison. This men is a real criminal!

I agree Charlie Chaplin. I adore Robert D. It is always great to see a come back story..But he is miscasted as Holmes. I think Sasha is a better fit. I hope who ever does it will be true to the character and not try to update it with a comedic turn.

Wha Guy looks soooo cute !!!!!!!!!!
He ‘s Handsome and so sexy !!!!

I think he looks kinda good as Sherlock. I love the Sherlock Holmes stories, and I can’t wait to see this movie.
Robert is amazingly talented, and I’m sure he will bring this movie to live.

postwatcher @ 10/10/2008 at 4:21 pm

Alan Rickman (plays Severus Snape) should have been cast as Holmes.

He has a beautiful voice. Would have been PERFECT. Guy Ritchie is a moron.

Were is Dr Watson???
mr jared, we want dr watson JUDE LAW!

spike1975 @ 10/10/2008 at 4:39 pm

I like robert downey but the look is all wrong.
Unless this is a sherlock holmes disguise its bad.
Sherlock has always been dressed as a gentleman, smart suit ect.
He does look like charlie though, loved that film. Got me watching the real chaplin movies.

Could they not have found a less Chaplin-esque topper for the guy?

“se”, you are an idiot, not to mention *******.

Looks a bit off. I know Holmes isn’t above disguising himself as whomever he wants, but… I’m not sure… seems off-kilter.

FVVVVVKIN’ SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FVVVVK MEEE ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FVVVKIN’ SEXYYYYYY!

FVVVK MEEE ROBERT!

Fruit Loop @ 10/10/2008 at 6:04 pm

I don’t think he looks sexy here at all.

postwatcher @ 10/10/2008 at 6:11 pm

Who the hell is that girl in the last picture supposed to be? Eliza Doolittle.

Maybe Guy is really making My Fair Lady Instead,

or possibly Mary Poppins and Downy Jr. is a chimney sweep.

Steve taylor @ 10/10/2008 at 6:12 pm

Obviously this is Holmes in disguise……

marieanne @ 10/10/2008 at 6:17 pm

Mr. Holmes’ attire was as sharp as his intellect.
Downey in costume is comical..

Robert is Always SExy

He looks like a thug, I am sorry. My idea of Sherlock is like the one from Masterpiece Theater (OK, he might be a little bit on top; but I expect SH to be prim and proper).

Holmes-his Physical appearance.
Holmes is tall and thin-he himself claims to be 6ft tall-but his friend Watson claims he is over 6ft.
He has black hair and grey eyes, thin lips and ‘a hawk-like’ nose.
Holmes has a strident voice.
Although Holmes has never excercised for the fun of it, he is always fit and ready for the action that takes place in the stories, and is ready to see off
his attackers with either boxing or Baritsu-a form of martial art. He is also proficient at single-stick and fencing.

This is the way he was described. They did not mention what he wears though. But I don’t think he would be a slouch.

Didn’t he already play Charlie Chaplin?

RDJ is an awesome actor, and I truly think Holmes fans should take a moment and be delighted that such a talented man is stepping into these shoes.
I’m going to judge the movie when I see it… Can’t tell much from the pictures, as some said this may be Holmes in disguise, or it may not be.

I can’t wait to watch this movie, either way.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All