Beyonce - "Cadillac Records" Movie Stills

Beyonce -

Check out these new movie stills of Beyonce donning a retro blond wig for her new movie, Cadillac Records.

Exploring the 1950s musical era, the film chronicles the life of the influential Chicago-based record-company executive Leonard Chess (Adrien Brody), and the singers who recorded for Chess Records. Beyonce, 27, who also serves as executive producer, stars as the legendary blues singer Etta James.

Pictured below: Emmanuelle Chriqui and Gabrielle Union. Check out more stills at BlackFilm.com.

Cadillac Records opens in theaters everywhere on Friday, December 5.

10+ movie stills inside from Cadillac Records

• Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

I can’t believe she’s playing Etta James. What a disappointment.

she is beautiful, even with this wig on . lol

BEEEEY!
she looks fantastic!

Wow, a singer playing a singer. That’s a stretch. Sorry B, Jennifer Hudson already made the Oscars even more of a joke than it already is by awarding a singer for singing in a movie. Lightening doesn’t strike twice.

Oh, I can’t wait! This movie is opening in over 800 theaters too! This is going to be huge! What a stellar cast! I’m so excited!

I am just not sold on Beyonce’s acting skills. She was upstaged by someone without a SAG card(Jennifer Hudson) Beyonce keeps getting cast in movies, but, she just never delivers the goods for me. I dont know I guess when I go see a movie I want to believe the character instead of thinking wow, Beyonce really doesnt act very well. My guess is Gabrielle Union will have to try to make this movie worth while.

Beyonce is amazing!

Beyonce has really transformed into Etta! I was screaming when Etta and Beyonce took the stage together at Fashion Rocks! It was unbelievable! I’m really looking forward to see this.

HELLOO, I WANT TO MET AND TALK IN PRIVATE WITH A BARBADIAN/BAJAN OR AMERICAN GIRL!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

LOVE,

MARSHA

That wig looks awful.

There’s another movie about that record company coming out too.

I’m going to have to see this one! Looks like a good one!

Im a big fan of B, I’ve bought all her. she is very talented. she can work the stage, sing, and dance at the same time. I’m sorry but she just isnt a good actress. I mean have you seen her in pink panter? she just stands around, and smiles while delivering her line…… it’s not good at all… I hope she does better in this movie… she sure is more experienced now.. hopefully it will show throught, But i still think she should stick to singing. she does that the best.!

#5 and 7, your’re both right. I wanted to kill myself a half hour into “Dreamgirls”. Beyonce was like cardboard cut-out (and Jennifer Hudson was only slightly better. How she won the Oscar I have no idea) When she sings, although not my cup of tea, she’s okay. But the acting thing? Not working.

Beyonce looks great!!! I’m interested in seeing this movie.

Chriquifan01 @ 10/20/2008 at 8:08 pm

I am looking forward to seeing Emmanuelle in this movie. She is underrated and deserves more prominent roles

mmm, this wig reminds of me her in the “Dream Girls”, a great movie too!!~

rachelsun @ 10/21/2008 at 1:53 am

These comments are BS! I was on the set of Dreamgirls and J. Hud was great take after take. She deserved that Oscar.
Beyonce have to wait and see, not as impressed but white girls w/ a lot less talent have won Oscars.

ughhh can she be more of a man?
beyonce please just disappear.
im sick of seeing you EVERYWHERE!!!!!
youre a POG!!

brit...shit @ 10/21/2008 at 4:16 am

she looks great,she sings okay,and she acts ‘poorly’ stick to what u are good at and that’s not acting

She should not be portraying Etta James. Her voice isnt as rough or thick as Etta James and she is like a size 4. Etta James was near a size 12! Nothing against Beyonce as a person, but her acting skills are terrible.

I can’t believe she’s been cast as Etta James either. Etta was such a dark woman in so many ways – there was something always quite rough and ready and dark about her. I can’t imagine Beyonce inhabiting her spirit. properly.

I hope she doesn’t do her own singing. Her voice is NOTHING like Etta James’. Not even back then when she first started.

Not to mention Etta SANG. Riff-free. Beyonce can’t sing a single phrase without squeezing melisma out of every note.

Hello she gets these roles because she pays her way in. It’s not fair put oh well, people will go see it just to laugh.

B looks terrible with that wig and she lacks in the acting department. Gabrielle looks gorgeous as usual. She is a much better actress than talentless B.

i heard that etta isn’t pleased about beyonce playing her.

Etta deserves better.

I see someone isn’t over Jennifer Hudson stealing the spot light, I hope it happens again and someone with REAL talent steals this movie from her lame ass.

shannypooh @ 11/04/2008 at 6:34 pm

It seems to me that alot of people is hating on B. I think she plays her part well and I want really comment on the acting, at least she trys, cuss I no that I can’t act worth a dam.

Stop hating on B. You hater are jealous of her because she is a pretty black women with money and the man you all want. dffdfdf, ika, nor, you guy are the worst haters because if I didn’t like a person I sure would not be taking about them or posting comments on a website that have to do with that person. Grow up and stop hating!

Bitchboi, ella, and D,

You guys are haters too. Bitchboi she sings better then you because she is the one with the record deal and making the money and sitting around posting comments on a website. D you must be a big girl because, yes she is playing (size 4 and all) playing Ette. And for you Ella maybe you should have done just that.

STOP HATING!

KEKE palmer granted @ 12/09/2008 at 6:19 pm

Beyonce keeps getting roles because she has financially invested in a film. NO self respecting director would cast this no talent hill billy in anything but Texas playing in the role ” me and my nephew, my (suster) my mama and daddy going to the (recod stoe” ) to buy Single ladies. now thats how stupid this so called oscar nominee talked on national TV while on 106 and park, and to think this so called important drug lord married her, can’t you see why they wanted to keep it a secret. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwowwwwwwwwwwwwww, who would have thought that Beyonce is so illerate, just making MILLIONS from the poor public who is trying to educate their child not to be so dumb. they took this video off the air after it aired and everyone heard her.

tHE CRITIC @ 12/29/2008 at 3:22 pm

i WENT TO SEE THIS MOVIE ONLY BECAUSE i AM A bEYONCE FAN. I SAW HER ON OPRAH AND TYRA SAYING HOW SHE HAD TO STUDY DRUG ADDICTS AND GO TO A REALLY DARK PLACE TO BRING OUT THE ”ETTA” IN HER. WELL, I WAS HALF ASLEEP BY THE TIME SHE FINALLY APPEARED IN THE MOVIE (WAY PAST THE HALF-WAY POINT). MOST OF HER ACTING MUST HAVE WOUND UP ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR B/C ALTHOUGH I DO THINK SHE DID A GOOD JOB THE BRIEF TIME THAT SHE WAS IN THE MOVIE, YOU CAN’T REALLY SAY THIS PERFORMANCE IS OSCAR-WORTHY B/C BY THE TIME SHE REALLY GOT STARTED, IT WAS OVER. ANY ONE OFF THE STREET COULD HAVE DONE WHAT SHE DID. OR AT LEAST WHAT WAS PUT IN THE MOVIE. SORRY B, YOU’RE GOING TO NEED A MOVIE WHERE YOU ARE THE CENTER OF IT ALL TO GET YOUR OSCAR. THIS ONE GOES TO JEFFREY WRIGHT, WHO IN MY OPINION CARRIED THE MOVIE – OR COLUMBUS SHORT – WHO TOOK ME TOTALLY BY SURPRISE. THAT BOY DID WORK.

B rocks! tha hottst celeb.