Daniel Craig Covers Parade Magazine

Daniel Craig Covers Parade Magazine

James Bond star Daniel Craig takes the latest cover of Parade magazine, out Friday. Here’s what the Quantum of Solace actor had to say:

On who would be the better James Bond —- Barack Obama or John McCain: “Obama would be the better Bond because — if he’s true to his word — he’d be willing to quite literally look the enemy in the eye and go toe-to-toe with them. McCain, because of his long service and experience, would probably be a better M (Bond’s boss, played by Dame Judi Dench). There is, come to think of it, a kind of Judi Dench quality to McCain.”

On how playing the world’s most famous spy has changed his life: “I was at a stage of my career in which things were going pretty well. I was making plenty of money, relatively speaking—enough to live on. But when this opportunity came along, I knew it would turn everything upside-down. I’m 40 now. It really helped me put things in perspective. It wasn’t about the money. It was about changing things up and seeing what would happen. At some point, life starts to pass you by and becomes about avoidance. I want to stay clear from that situation, because I don’t like that.”

On becoming a sex symbol: “If people want to think of me that way, that’s great. But the truth is, I don’t have a connection with that image.”

On donning a Speedo for the Bond films: “I was being objectified, but actually that’s not a bad thing to feel. (laughs) I knew exactly what was going on when I did that shot. There’s a conscious decision to everything I do. For me to say, ‘Oh, God! I didn’t realize that would happen!’ sounds incredibly naïve. I look at that picture, and my only thought now is that I certainly don’t look like that anymore. For Quantum of Solace, I made a decision that I wanted to get bigger and get muscles, because Bond is older and has probably been training.”

On moving past the sex symbol status: “As I keep saying, I’m 40 now, and in five years’ time or even less, sex symbol might be a really kind of weird term to attach to myself. How about sexy father figure?”

On connecting with his many tough-guy antecedents in Hollywood: “The obvious choice for me would be Bogart. Not only because of that ease he had with his unique take on masculinity, but also—and this is much more important—because he got to sleep with Lauren Bacall.”

To read the full cover story, visit Parade.com. Check out the video interview here.

Quantum of Solace is due out November 14.

daniel craig parade magazine 01
daniel craig parade magazine 02
daniel craig parade magazine 03

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 714 » Show All

i see sats did her own wardrobe and make up again. did she sleep in that dress, it looks saggy and creased.

that woman astonishes me

look at charlize theron..THAT is how to dress, simple and elegant…

daily mail @ 10/24/2008 at 12:28 pm

Why does Daniel Craig always pose with a cheesy pout. He is a nice looking man but when he does this he looks like a cheap wannabe catalogue model or worse yet a male Victoria Beckham.
- m, uk, 24/10/2008 1:21

loved that comment from the daily mail article…

teresa @ 10/23/2008 at 5:12 pm

look i’m an american who’ll be voting in the election. who i support is no one’s buisness but my own. whether you like it or not every person, even daniel craig, is entitled to his/her own opinion. it’s called freedom of speech. it’s an important part of a democracy. if you’re unclear of the concepts of freedom of speech and democracy then google them ok??

tigerlilly @ 10/24/2008 at 1:28 pm

To #54
There was two pics of Daniel, one with Satsuki and one with Sam earlier on in the day but for some reason they have been taken down.

tigerlilly @ 10/24/2008 at 1:33 pm

Re-#56
Sorry i ment #47 not #54

to mary/#56 @ 10/24/2008 at 1:54 pm

Well technically is Obama even American? Isn’t that up for debate now?
_____________________________________________________
As for the Daily Mail pics, I think his PR office wanted them taken off, too much publicity on him rather than Sam maybe or they are trying to thin out pics of Dan and Satsuki in the press.

I’ve noticed things on both of them get taken off papers and threads very quickly..I guess his PR is ever watchful.

KittyDuran @ 10/24/2008 at 1:55 pm

At least until the premiere red carpet photos – I’m going to say that Dan and Sats have made the decision or someone has told them to “cool down” the publicity of their relationship. Only because, and you only have to look at websites like JJs and have even another celeb ask about the status, it seems to be a major issue everywhere.

Then again, they could look all lovey dovey on the red carpet…. ;)

to mary/#56 @ 10/24/2008 at 1:59 pm

I think they got fed up of the marriage questions and decided to back off slightly, who knows?

That statement about “marriage not happening anytime soon” was a clear indicator that something has changed, wether they are married and he wanted to throw a red herring into the works or he wanted to make a statement to the press to back off..maybe it was upsetting her as she knows they aren’t getting married and everyone was asking her.

Or that they plan to very soon and wanted to again throw the media off the scent.

KittyDuran @ 10/24/2008 at 2:06 pm

To #60… I think you covered all the bases… :D

Actually, I’m getting pretty excited I want to see how Sats looks, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what Gemma and Olga will be wearing (they’re easier on everybody’s eyes).

;)

why does everyone think they will be lovey dovey on the qos red carpet and not so much the others although on FOAF they looked happy.

maybe they will get excited too like the rest of us would and that will kick in

what a wonderful life these people lead

KittyDuran @ 10/24/2008 at 2:16 pm

To #62…

Hey! It’s a livin’…. ;)

has old sats been hitting the sun bed again? she needs to watch out, her skin is already like leather!

sam t wood is older than her but looks years younger

Curiously, Craig sounded unsure whether he would return for a fourth film as James Bond. “I can’t see doing it beyond another movie. If they ask me back to do another movie I would be thrilled.” However, in other interviews, Craig has implied he is on a four-film contract (it is likely his contract is for three films, with the option of a fourth, as was Pierce Brosnan’s).

Craig also spoke about his decision to turn down the title role in Marvel’s comic book adaptation, Thor. “They spoke about it, but I thought ‘I can’t play Bond and Thor.’ It’s like some stupid f***ing power trip. Blond hair and a big hammer… it would have been too much of a statement… [Bond] is as physical as I want to get in movies at the moment.”

Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster also reiterated his desire to leave the franchise after this film: “They offered me the next one, but I am switching genres.”

(oooh, I wanted to see him as THOR..

:D)

Hey, they should rename this site, Just Kitty/Tiger (and sometimes Lou!)

;)

The reason why those other pics of Daniel were taken off was because the night was about Sam and he didnt want to deter from that..as it was, Guy Ritchie took the brunt of the publicity.

WOW! A marked difference in the Satsuki pic and the STW pics with Dan.

The chemistry/pose should be the other way around!

Hello Poll @ 10/24/2008 at 3:22 pm

One good thing, at least Satsuki can’t be in the Most Elegant Poll again until next year..although I can see her making Most Attractive Woman of the Week with one of her premiere looks.

Could she possibly win BOTH yearly titles???

I like satsuki’s outfit
it could be seperates instead of a dress – blue ruched top, black belt, stone coloured linen pencil skirt
however it does not fit her well and the skirt needs ironing
her black shoes and tights are too heavy for the outfit she needs bare legs maybe brown blockheeled sandals and a small clutch not a big black bag and get rid of the black nailpolish
i’ll give her a 60% for this outfit as she’s almost there

KittyDuran @ 10/24/2008 at 4:02 pm

clara… 60/40 – I’d have to agree!

she could have done something to her hair as well, it look raggedy as usual and some decent make up…

10/90

but 100% for having him on her arm..the best accessory..

and one other major thing, never be photographed with booze in your hand if you are a lady..doesn’t look good

You do realize that Daniel can claim back all that cash he’s dishing out on her outfits as entertainment expenses dont you?

Maybe he is appalled at her appearance and being seen with her FINALLY. She is a drunk *****

Olga talks about Daniel and Daniel talks about staying out of the limelight as much as possible but just turns up with Satsuki when necessary at things

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 714 » Show All