Daniel Craig Covers Parade Magazine

Daniel Craig Covers Parade Magazine

James Bond star Daniel Craig takes the latest cover of Parade magazine, out Friday. Here’s what the Quantum of Solace actor had to say:

On who would be the better James Bond —- Barack Obama or John McCain: “Obama would be the better Bond because — if he’s true to his word — he’d be willing to quite literally look the enemy in the eye and go toe-to-toe with them. McCain, because of his long service and experience, would probably be a better M (Bond’s boss, played by Dame Judi Dench). There is, come to think of it, a kind of Judi Dench quality to McCain.”

On how playing the world’s most famous spy has changed his life: “I was at a stage of my career in which things were going pretty well. I was making plenty of money, relatively speaking—enough to live on. But when this opportunity came along, I knew it would turn everything upside-down. I’m 40 now. It really helped me put things in perspective. It wasn’t about the money. It was about changing things up and seeing what would happen. At some point, life starts to pass you by and becomes about avoidance. I want to stay clear from that situation, because I don’t like that.”

On becoming a sex symbol: “If people want to think of me that way, that’s great. But the truth is, I don’t have a connection with that image.”

On donning a Speedo for the Bond films: “I was being objectified, but actually that’s not a bad thing to feel. (laughs) I knew exactly what was going on when I did that shot. There’s a conscious decision to everything I do. For me to say, ‘Oh, God! I didn’t realize that would happen!’ sounds incredibly naïve. I look at that picture, and my only thought now is that I certainly don’t look like that anymore. For Quantum of Solace, I made a decision that I wanted to get bigger and get muscles, because Bond is older and has probably been training.”

On moving past the sex symbol status: “As I keep saying, I’m 40 now, and in five years’ time or even less, sex symbol might be a really kind of weird term to attach to myself. How about sexy father figure?”

On connecting with his many tough-guy antecedents in Hollywood: “The obvious choice for me would be Bogart. Not only because of that ease he had with his unique take on masculinity, but also—and this is much more important—because he got to sleep with Lauren Bacall.”

To read the full cover story, visit Parade.com. Check out the video interview here.

Quantum of Solace is due out November 14.

daniel craig parade magazine 01
daniel craig parade magazine 02
daniel craig parade magazine 03

ABC

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1014 » Show All
KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 11:36 am

Yep! Just a few days to go…. :D

I think instead of having a style contest, we’ll just rate Sats (and maybe Dan too- tho’ I’m sure he’ll look incredible… ;) ) based on clara’s method… percentage wise: 10/90, 20/80, etc.

to kitty duran/tigerlilly @ 10/27/2008 at 12:54 pm

I have no doubt that she will look the best we have ever seen her.

;)

to #146 – #150

Sats was at the oasis gig with him, as was Ballie Walsh and a few other people i didn’t recognise.
I saw it on tv last night, they were all laughing when the band were talking to dan.

tigerlilly @ 10/27/2008 at 1:53 pm

#53
To be honest we all knew she would have been there. He did say in an interview i read recently he’s very happy with her and likes to spend as much time with her as possible..awww..isn’t love sweet!!

tigerlilly @ 10/27/2008 at 1:54 pm

Oops i ment #153

to kitty duran/tigerlilly/KF @ 10/27/2008 at 2:18 pm

Will Ms Monneypenny sex it up.

Any pics or video of them at the Oasis concert?

Lucky sats @ 10/27/2008 at 2:46 pm

She certainly elads an eviable life.

Her diary: Meet Royalty, wear gorgeous gowns, travel world first class and sleep with Daniel.

My diary: Beat the 9-5, work like a fool, pay bills and not sleep with Daniel.

Some girls have all the luck don’t they? lol..

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 2:55 pm

My diary: Beat the 9-5, work like a fool, pay bills and not sleep with Daniel.

——————————————————————————————
You’re luckier than me – I have to add a hour to the work day…
8-5 baby!!!

;)

So where are we going wrong?

:O

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 3:45 pm

Well, I have one college credit in Drama – maybe I need to get into the entertainment business, or head to LA and try my luck with an up and coming actor…

Or find the fountain of youth and go back to being 30 again!

;)

tigerlilly @ 10/27/2008 at 3:53 pm

When you find it Kitty let me know!! ;)

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 4:10 pm

Tiger, you don’t need any help… it’s not that far for you to go back…
I got to cover a lot of ground – like 20 years!!!

;)

Craig relishes pressure and just go his head down…(to work harder that is)..

:D

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 7:31 pm

Any pics or video of them at the Oasis concert?
———————————————————————————–
There’s video on youtube of the concert but no shots of the crowd. :(

Oasis gig @ 10/27/2008 at 8:30 pm

on d2d there is a link but you can not play the download unless you are in the UK and the link wont post on here

25 mins in you can see Dan/Sats/Ballie and a few other friends.

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 8:59 pm

To 165…
Yeah, crazy me, went to the BBC site and download the real player – anyone can get the audio – but when I tried to play the video it lets me know that you can only receive it if you live in the UK (but they’re working on an international version.

Rats! :(

Oasis gig @ 10/27/2008 at 9:07 pm

I wonder what she was wearing and what Dan was..tight jeans and t shirt…yummy!!! (Him of course)

:D

just watched it
dan, with satsuki, ballie walsh and dan’s daughter ella
satsuki is wearing a black vest top, no make up and hair down, she is drinking a beer and laughing naturally – a huge horse faced laugh
they look like they’re having a good time

what did Dan and Ella look like? im surprised Ella was there and now on film…

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 9:35 pm

I’m kinda shocked he took Ella knowing that the concert was being broadcast and fans had camera phones – but she is 16 (?) and has probably been to a few concerts herself with friends – why not with Dad and balcony seats to boot! Since I’ve never seen her I wouldn’t know if that was her in the video anyways.

BTW, my Dad was a cop in a college town and got to police some big acts – he’s seen more big acts than I have… ;)

Oasis gig @ 10/27/2008 at 9:37 pm

it seems that Sats gets on with Ella very well so that makes Sats even more “well in there”..i cant see them splitting up ever.

maybe ella has decided herself that she doesnt mind getting the paps attention now, i mean at 16 any press protection is now off as she is legal age really. i mean why fight it to the point of not going out to enjoy yourself.

to kittyd – ella is lovely

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 9:47 pm

Hey clara are YOU getting all excitied about QOS Premiere yet??
—————————————————————————————-
and remember, we promised to be honest in our assessment of Sats and her overall appearance. We’ll critique Dan as well – tho’ how can he go wrong in a tux? ;)

It’s about 2 days and 13 or 16 hours to go to the world premiere (I don’t know when it will start in London… 4pm or 7pm local time?).

:D

KittyDuran @ 10/27/2008 at 9:58 pm

To 172… well, Sats has been around Ella for how long now? Probably 3 full years? More than enough time to become close to her. Hopefully, she is a good influence – and I’m sure Dan wouldn’t have it any other way.

To 173… thanks for the info. Of course, she’s Dan’s daughter how can she not be lovely, since he’s lovely… :)

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1014 » Show All