Heidi Klum is a Blue Indian Goodess

Heidi Klum is a Blue Indian Goodess

Heidi Klum goes all out with her costume during her annual Halloween party at 1 Oak in New York City on Friday.

The 35-year-old Project Runway host explained her costume to reporters, saying, “It was actually my assistant’s idea. My husband [Seal] and I were in India last year, so she said, ‘Why don’t you do an Indian goddess? Like a scary Indian goddess?’ And I said ‘OK!’ So then she Googled around and she found Kali and showed me a picture, and I loved it. I loved it because she’s so mean and killed all these different people and [had] fingers hanging off [her] and little shrunken heads everywhere.”

Heidi also talked about her kids’ costumes: “Leni is a bumblebee and the boys [Henry and Johan] are Spiderman. But they’re always Spiderman, so I don’t think for them there’s a difference between Halloween or any other day. They always dress up.”

35+ pictures inside of blue Indian goddess Heidi Klum

heidi klum blue indian goddess halloween 34
heidi klum blue indian goddess halloween 35

Credit: Dario Alequin, WENN; Photos: INFdaily, Joe Corrigan/Getty
Posted to: Heidi Klum, Seal

Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I always love your halloween costumes, they’re great!

That’s the most amazing halloween costume ever!! very scary

Such a cool costume!

Wow, that’s the best halloween costume I’ve ever seen!

Soyoung Kim @ 11/03/2008 at 11:10 am

whoaaa crazy costume. It’s impressive.
She scares me a little bit though. Haha I like the normal Heidi a lot better.

She’s the queen of Halloween!

i think this is not good!!
why making fun of indian goddess???

This is a great costume. But Heidi has not done her research before talking to the press. Kali killed unjust, oppressive kings not just anybody. She in fact is considered one of the first feminist goddess ideas as she fought over injustices done to women.

ashleytfan @ 11/03/2008 at 12:14 pm

thats the COOLEST costume i have ever seen !

Finally a girl who doesnt wear ****** costumes for Halloween. Props to Heidi!

The saner sex @ 11/03/2008 at 12:50 pm

Holy crap. If I wore that I’d go to the club with the biggest grand prize for best costume because I would be guaranteed to win it.

IhateKLum @ 11/03/2008 at 1:48 pm

Klum is a ******. Why not roam naked on the streets with her ugly hubby instead of making fun of a religion?

Is that Christian Siriano (from Project Runway) dressed as Cruella De Ville?

LolaSvelt @ 11/03/2008 at 2:33 pm

It’s good to see someone who actually gets the whole concept of Halloween, other than dressing like a slút like those Hills girls.

great costume but how the heck did she even get through the door without breaking off those arms?

it's a recession @ 11/03/2008 at 4:15 pm

maybe its just me but not 1 good halloween costume
everybody looked stupid

indophile @ 11/03/2008 at 4:38 pm

Truly tacky, not the costume, but the insensitivity. Kali is a woman’s facet, the extreme strength for women when they need to fight the injustices of the world. Women Indian goddesses are Shakti or power, to be revered. An insult to Kali is a dumb, airheaded, anything-for-publicity-without-research insult to womanhood. Tacky, not the costume, but the ignorance.

i think this is very wrong and disrespectful to dress up like the Hindu goddess Kali. What does she think of herself? She is no goddess and can’t dress up like one and make fun of the goddess. If someone dresses up like Jesus i would be offended and so would she. I think she is totally wrong for doing this. She should respect the Hindu culture instead of dressing up like her. Ignorant. I hate her. Shame on her.

she’s an idiot! she obviously didn’t do any research or had any interest in this Hindu goddess by her incorrect description of this god! insulting n a complete mockery! …heres an idea if ur actually going to bother going to india, at least take an actual interest in their culture n religion!

JEEZ woman!!! u dont DIS Kali!! its like insulting jesus, allah, buddha, etc..wow!! shame on you!!

I am a Hindu and I am not offended by her costume at all. I think its by far the best ‘Kali’ costume I have ever seen, the details are amazing, except the high heels. However, Kali is never ‘mean’ and didnot kill a ‘bunch of people’ for nothing. Everything the Goddess wears, every pose she makes has very significant meaning. Heidi ‘Clue less’ Klum.

hahahahahahahahaha i love it!

she always goes way out for her costumes

Be a little sensitive to other cultures & religions. I don’t think this is cool at all !

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All