Barack Obama Elected President

Barack Obama Elected President

Democrat Barack Obama was elected as the first black president of the United States of America on Tuesday night.

The 47-year-old senator from Illinois defeated Republican Sen. John McCain. Officials said voters came out in record numbers on Election Day — 130 to 140 million people.

The crowd is going wild in Grant Park in Chicago, where Obama will give his first public speech as president-elect.

Obama will be sworn in as the 44th President on January 20, 2009.

Posted to: Barack Obama

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 715 » Show All

tahniah,,stay true..stay a good husband n a good father.thats all i ask of you.greetings from malaysia.

zanessafan4eva17 @ 11/04/2008 at 11:36 pm

Oh my god we won we ******* won I’m so damn happy OBAMA WON
We have made history The first African American President We came back full circle .
WE WONNNNNNN

Morons think Obama will pull out the troops in 16 months. Like he will do that. Im hearing otherwise from West Point and Annapolis from new graduates who are getting new orders that they are staying for a long long time in Iraq and Afghanistan. No time table is set.
Obama will not pull them out and if he will he will breed more enemies and more Ben Ladin. Dont forget what happened in Somalia and Afghanistan(Soviets and U.S.) we abandoned them and we got Sept.11

The War Is Over

MArley aka mars @ 11/04/2008 at 11:38 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES IT WAS TIME FOR CHANGE NOW WE’VE GOT IT

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IM SO HAPPY!!!

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE YOU!!! ♥

I LOVE YOU MCCAIN.

nobama, he will ruin AMERICA.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 11/04/2008 at 11:39 pm

i’m so happy.. i’m damn near speechless.

i just came in for a sec. from outside and people are going crazy! it feels good to be a New Yorker… an American!

Godspeed America we will need it !

I pity the elegant White House now!!

What a wonderful moment. To see this in my lifetime. It is too hard to explain. McCain gave a beautiful speech. I liked him a great deal. I like him more now. He showed himself to be a gentleman.

POOR AMERICA!!!!!

POOR AMERICA!!!!!

POOR AMERICA!!!!!

ObAmA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANCE IS HAPPPPPY ^^

I am not Amercian but I have to say I am so happy!
To see all these barriors come crashing down in my lifetime is just the most amazing feeling in the world.
It’s not only a great day to be American it’s a great day to be human!
Believe that all is possible! Today the American people proved that moving forward and becoming better humans was the right way to be heading and I commend each and every one of you who voted for change!

THANK’S GOD MY FIST RACISME WOS IN HOUSTON TEXAS I CAN W” TO COME BACK A SEE THAT PERSON AM PRIDE TO BE AFRICAN
OBAMA PROVE CHANGE IS GOD TIME NOT HUMAIN

BLESS YOU AND THE ALL WORLD WE ARE ONE

AM A PRIDE CAMEROONIAN FROM CENTRAL AFRICA

so many things can happen. Impeachment anyone?????????

alexanderina @ 11/04/2008 at 11:41 pm

# 74 African Girl @ 11/04/2008 at 11:35 pm

You are cordially invited to my hometown CHICAGO for a Victory Celebration!

Bring your sleeping bags coz AG still lives in a hut!!

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA!!!!!

======================================
Hey AG, you are to funny, sorry can’t make it to Chicago, just have to watch President Elected Obama’s speech and celebration on TV

THIS IS AWESOME!! God bless Mr. Barack Obama – USA president!

groundcontrol @ 11/04/2008 at 11:27 pm

Let’s hope Obama has as successful a presidency as Bill Clinton did. We will all win if he does.

>>>>>>>>>

You are absolutely correct there and I must admit, I’m nervous at the thought of Democrats controlling all houses of power – white, congress and senate.

The governments the world over are going to pump up the economy with lots of investments. From what I’ve read, I understand this is necessary to ensure that the world economies don’t fall into a depression. This makes me nervous because I think that all politicians find difficulty switching off the taps when the time comes.

From the feedback, Obama appears to be someone who is good at building up a good team, listening to expert advice. I think his team will include Lawrence Summers. He has already made prominent Paul Volcker – the fed gov who fought stagflation. Bernanke is also a good guy – not so idealogical.

People now need to ensure that Obama will do the right thing when the taps need to be switched turned down or off – just as Clinton had done. Perhaps the next Congressional election? I understand half of congress is elected every 2 years?? (Haven’t done my research on this).

The world will end anytime soon. BE READY ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woot! congrats!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 715 » Show All