Taylor Swift: Joe Jonas Dumped Me Over 27-Second Phone Call

Taylor Swift: Joe Jonas Dumped Me Over 27-Second Phone Call

Taylor Swift confirms she was dumped by Joe Jonas over the phone in a record 27-second call in October.

Ellen DeGeneres says on her talk show (airing Nov. 11), “He broke up with you on the phone? That’s not right.”

Taylor responds; “It’s all right – I’m cool. You know what, it’s like, when I find that person that is right for me, he’ll be wonderful When I look at that person, I’m not even going to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone in 27 seconds when I was 18.”

Ellen was shocked by Taylor‘s honesty, saying, “No, you did not. Aw, snap!”

Taylor continued, “I’m sorry. I had to. [The split] was, like, a record, I think, for how quick. I looked at the call log – it was like 27 seconds. That’s got to be a record.”

When Ellen asks Taylor if she’d date Joe‘s brothers, Kevin or Nick, she said, “Oh my gosh! Probably not!”

Taylor also took to her MySpace Celebrity page to dispel pregnancy hearsay: “I read a very creative rumor this morning saying I’m pregnant, which is the most IMPOSSIBLE thing on the planet. Take my word for it. Impossible.”

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 914 » Show All
SavvyJonas @ 11/06/2008 at 7:26 pm

OMJ SHE’S MAKING EVERYONE HATE JOE!!
i love himm <33

I do love taylor very much.. And I’m not Jonas brother fan..
But I don’t think that she sholud tell the world ’bout her breakup details..
it’s completely not cool!

It shows that she’s still in love with him, still hopes that he’ll get back

Get over it, stop discussing ’bout your personal life and move on!!
Show your dignity!!

what to say in 27 seconds? @ 11/06/2008 at 8:22 pm

Someone asked “What can you say in just 27 seconds?” Well, let’s see, you can say what needs to be said and nothing more or less.

There’s no sense to drag a break-up out and having whining and begging and what can I do to save our relationship discussions, when there’s nothing that will make it work. He told her what was what, he manned up to it, rather than cheating with another girl, texting her, or not bothering to tell her anything like some guys who don’t return calls.

TEAM JONAS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

the jerk's not the boy @ 11/06/2008 at 8:39 pm

No, Taylor’s NOT awesome. If either of them is being a jerk, it is Taylor. She’s showing her true colors.

She got more well known by dating Joe Jonas. Now she’s trying to milk the breakup for more coverage. Bleck, I think I might vomit.

WOW look at all the publicity this is getting for her new album!!!
Most of these magazines, talk shows and gossip colums would not have taken much notice except for this story that goes with it.
I am sure Joe had a good reason to break up with her but I doubt he will ever tell the media.

!!!!!!!!!!! @ 11/06/2008 at 8:47 pm

oohhhhh yeaaa!!! go taylor!!! hate you joe.

How can anyone hear only 1 side and think that from that they can reasonably and intelligently take a side? I don’t get it. But I’m thinking that maybe,just maybe if Joe really did that he had his reasons,you guys ever stop to think maybe in her personal life Taylor is not a very nice girl or maybe she was treating him bad,it could be anything,we just don’t know so leave Joe the hell alone. He can’t ignore this and wait for it go away,I hope he defends himself and tells you all that she was a miserable ***** and was rude to his family,you’ll feel like asses then!!!!!

China, your comment made me laugh.

Before I pick sides, I want to hear Joe’s point of view.
She’s hurt, so she’s just venting in a way a teenager would act
Joe’s a teenage boy and does what a typical teenager boy would do

Ugh, celebrities dating celebrities…like we need anymore of that =]

not_a_hater @ 11/06/2008 at 9:45 pm

List of Joe’s ex:
Mandy 2004-05
Kayla 2005
Aj 2006
unknown 2007
Taylor swift 2008
(Fill in the blank) 2008-09?

i wonder whose next?

Well. Taylor made Joe sound like a jerk and Miley made Nick sound like a jerk… so… I seriously don’t know what to think anymore. I really want to believe that the Jonas Brothers are still kind and respectful guys, but I’m not so sure anymore. I think all the fame is starting to effect them in a negative way. Hopefully Joe will comment on everything soon.

Taylor Swift is ugly and Joe was smart to break- up with her. If she was a mature 18 year old she would move on and stop the bashing of Joe. She bashes him on Ellen and on her blog…girl act your age not your shoe size. Most mature people just move on .

Obviously he saw the relationship was not going anywhere and broke it off..yea sucks he did it over the phone…but hello he was touring at the time and he is a guy…guys do stupid stuff like that.

Gabriellelovesjoejonas @ 11/06/2008 at 10:31 pm

ahhh that is the funniest thing i’ve ever heard!!!
who cares if that was cowardly? I don’t!
Joe Jonas is the biggest babe ever and i don’t like taylor swift that much so that makes me crack up!!!!

i love you joe jonas!!!!

Kriscott 4ever @ 11/06/2008 at 10:34 pm

OK
WOW.
This is the 3rd time, I’ve seen her talk about the breakup, expressing herself really well all over the place.
Looks like someone’s enjoying herself.
I can understand, she’s upset since Joe is her first boyfriend[ i think], just broke up with her, and such…
But like she’s really taking this WAY 2 far by getting all JONAS LOVERS to hate him…seriously that’s really low.
INSTEAD SHE should just move on.

Everyone knows they broke up, they dated..- we don’t need more details!
Tay, girl, you gotta stop blaming him for the fault..cuz he’s not bad guy here! AND YOU KNEW IT, THE MINUTE YOU STARTED DATED HIM FOR LIKE…WHAT…4 MONTHS?

HE had his reasons and limitations..and you just need to see that. And you need to understand – not only did he like you of course, but he just didn’t feel it could go more longer with an empty space btw. you guys. Long term relationships don’t last..even on tours- movie sets- doing their own thing… same with opposites don’t attract.
Sure this is not what you were hoping for..but not all love stories are a happy ending.

PLUS if she wants her love life to private, then the breakup should too.
Give in or give out- wtf! keep your privacy.
Respect not only yours..but his too!

KK
The video with the dolls telling everyone to stay away from him
Interviews w’ ellen/ other people
WOW.
Next thing you know, she’s going to get votes on who hates the jonas brothers =/
I wonder what he says about this. it must suck to learn your EX spreading the news. I feel bad for him NOW, not her. Such a *****..like miley. Please don’t be like her.!!!! TAY your better than that…act more mature please!!!!
Cuz all she’s doing here is whining how he broke up with her, in 27 secs.At least it wasn’t like” it’s over ***** – hang up” that’s like 10 secs approx.

So like NILEY breakup news.
OH- just cuz 2 jonas brothers are alike with breakups, doesn’t mean 1 is. One of them is taken ( KEV) and two isn’t now ( nick and joe)
PLus explain the guys, not seeing the girls their dating..how else to breakup with them..if they can’t handle not seeing her.
THEY can’t just wait to see her again..that’s hard..considering there going different directions into opposite places..WORKING!

NOT all guys are jerks. Girls can be jerks too, for not understanding, and starts bitching at the relationship..thinking she’s the only one who had feelings, about the breakup. Then start telling everyone.
Maybe it wasn’t hard for him 2..that’s y the phone is the best way?
duh????
He would have respect for her..by doing it a less painful way.
In person is way worse..trust me!!!!
THE JONAS BROS. would NEVER disrespect any body.
ALL you fans should know that..!!! ANd fame is not the reason..
they haven’t changed.
Just cuz they have bad timing with girls..and relationships..doesn’t mean there different.

TAY.
this is y you don’t get guys that often.
and you wonder..y they don’t date you.

write a song.
it will help, since we know your capable of witting about anything.
act mature. take it easily, play it fair.
And just..
NO MORE POSTS

PLEASE!!!

I hate choosing sides.
but better yet
i still love them both

(L)
xoxox

wtf???!! apa sih?? joe jonas sok keren, ******* disney band! ahaha
its ok taylor, **** the jonas brothers. first it was miley, now taylor. so fucked up

man. ellen was right 25 sec? how could anyone sink that low… poor taylor.. he broje her heart. whats his deal? dont get me wrong i love him as a person and singer but that was beyond low…all the way to the bottom of the ocean… but then again she could aim so much higher. i never imagined them together thooo

So she is all keeping it quiet when they are going out, but once he breaks up with her she tells everyone how Joe is such a jerk and blah! Does she even care she is making people think the jonas brothers are jerks?! He just got back from Europe and they are extremely busy all the time!! Maybe he couldn’t find time to talk to her! And their is a resaon why he broke up with her! Not just to break her heart. There are 2 people in a relationship. Joe didn’t just feel like being a jerk out of the blue im sure.

Kriscott 43ver **** @ 11/06/2008 at 11:49 pm

BTW-
it was 25 secs not 27
just to clear that up jared :)

OH did you see how she was bragging on Ellen, the way she doesn’t role, with guys breaking her heart like that. And THEN ellen comes out with JT , then she’s like..Im better now !!!

Such a miley..im not even joking!!! Also the fact she had HER bf in her music video.- lovestory?
hmmmm? werid huh ;)

ACT MATURE TAY. PLAY IT FAIR NOT HARD!!!!

WTF >.>
Seriously..she’s becoming more annoying and really bitchy, just losing fans like that.
YOUR NICE. NOT MEAN. SO DON’T EVEN TRY.
Plus she’s gonna regret this ever happened one day, and realize what they used to have together, was sacred.
MOST girls, would hate, keep their love life personal and move on, or probally might remember the supposedly good times
period.

TAY it was your first love.
get over it.
Sure the phone breakup was harsh.but other girls dealt with worse than you, and you shouldn’t be so mean to stoop so low, of getting back at him, with letting everyone know what happened, make him loose his fans [ the people that loves him] START TO HATE him.
And what other way could he break up with her? think logic people.
he couldn’t see her ..or probally couldn’t email her. They haven’t been on FB – other sites for quite some time, except Myspace, but that’s only for MUSIC- career purposes only = all been said, he was BUSY

Besides, the only person that hates him, right now is her..so don’t even try getting alot of people to feel sorry for you, when it might have been hard for him to end it off, on the phone + not seeing you , while working. OF course it wasn’t easy for you, to hear it,..but was it Diffcult to not see him either?

exactly ;)

PLUS what kind of person would you be, telling everyone how it ended..when you didn’t want the relationship to be public in the first place. And of course, JOE didn’t want it to be out in the open either..since HER+ HIM both told the same stories, while being interviewed. AND not only think about her feelings, she should imagine how Joe’s feeling right now, figuring this all out =/

Everything else that’ ive written b4..clarifies my reasons, why this is just plain Stupid & wrong & upsetting.

PS. not everyone wanted them together. All the haters ganged up on taylor for being with joe, and basically jinxed there relationship.
see how nicely that went? :S

Now im not even sure, if i should like taylor for how she acted.
But im styll loving jbros no matter what (L)

jerkjerkjerk @ 11/07/2008 at 12:18 am

what a jerk. i c him differently now. i still love him

omg this is hard 2 pick a side cuz i LOVVVEEE the Jonas Brothers but i LOOOOVE Taylor :( omg ummmm well i think it was wrong of joe to like dump her over the phone but i also think taylor is still holding on to him….omg this is 2 hard!!!

if he is away..27 seconds?its like “hey babe..i wanna say something.i wanna break up with you.bye”

either a coward to continue the conversation..or he is a plain ass.

zacheartvanessa @ 11/07/2008 at 1:22 am

umm… i do get the fact that how crushing it feels when somebody brokes up with you especially over the phone. that’s the main reason why i don’t start those ‘dating’ things in this age,cuz it’s always just about the way you look and then you broke up cuz you get bored. it’s stupid and immature. BUT, you can honestly see how bitter Taylor is, and it’s kinda low from her TOO to like take the whole thing up and give up those details and all… Cuz she totally knows how it’s gonna be. the magazines are gonna make this a huge deal and make up those weird rumors like about joe leaving her cuz hes gay or Taylor beeing in love with Joe’s dad. Still, I do think it was low from Joe too, as much as i do love him as a singer. I bet there’s a better reason than just him getting bored to Taylor….

ZANESSA-4EVA @ 11/07/2008 at 3:06 am

She REALLY REALLY needs to get over him. I can see why he wanted to break up with her!!

That break-up was sooo LAST MONTH!
So who cares? They already broke up, meeeeen.
As long as they both moved on, i’m cool.

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 914 » Show All