Reese Witherspoon Covers Parade Magazine

Reese Witherspoon Covers Parade Magazine

Reese Witherspoon speaks candidly in this Sunday’s issue of Parade about her divorce with Ryan Phillippe, feeling unsure about marriage with Jake Gyllenhaal and the biggest detriment in her life — tabloid fame. Here’s a sampling:

On her divorce with actor Ryan Phillippe: “There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce. Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don’t have time for hate or negativity in my life. There’s no room for it. When you make wrong choices, you have to take responsibility for them: ‘What part of this do I own?’ I struggle to figure out what made me make those choices. All I can hope for is that I’ve learned something from it and won’t make the same choices again.”

On the biggest problem in her life: “The biggest detriment of my life is tabloid fame. It removes me from people. When I first meet someone, it is so hard for me to overcome everything they’ve read about me. It’s not fair. It’s difficult, because I’m the kind of person who just wants to hug people.”

On giving her kids a good value system: ““I’m teaching the children what we were taught growing up—a real set of rules, discipline, and love. Children thrive with a sense of structure, and they’re frightened without it. The ways you behave, how you speak to other people—those things don’t leave you… The other day my son said to me, ‘Mama, why do I have to take off my hat in the house?’ I was like, ‘Because it’s respectful. That’s why you take off your hat.’ And he goes, ‘And I always have to take off my hat in church, too!’ It really bothered him. But those values sustain a life. Respect. Faith. Empathy. Compassion.”

On what life would be if she wasn’t an actress: “I loved Stanford, and I wish I had gone back and finished. Today, if I were not an actor, I’d probably be a social anthropologist or a psychologist. I have an endless curiosity about people. But then I think, ‘I’ve been very lucky. I don’t regret the path I went on in life’.

For the full cover story, visit Parade.com. Reese photo gallery here and bonus quotes here.

• Heidi Montag congratulates Lauren Conrad on her wedding - US Weekly
  • August Alsina collapses during a performance- TMZ
  • Sharon Osbourne blasts U2 for their free album- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

She looks pretty! And I really admire her openness about her divorce. It must be hard to talk so candidly about it. Plus I love how she’s teaching her kids values. She seems like a great mom!

I LOVE HER!!!

I just love her. She is the greatest. She seems so real unlike most actresses in Hollywood

what the **** again? what does this ugly ***** wants again?

she is the ugliest woman if not person in planet hollywood

Cute. A great cover shot

I love Reese! She’s a phenomenal actress and a great mom.

I love Reese but this is just an awful photoshoot. Something just looks weird.

Wow!!! That is why I lover her.

Can’t stand that phony woman.

YUCK!

Good mother? Yeah, right. @ 11/20/2008 at 4:38 pm

Stupid Reese Witherspoon and her PR bullsh*t stories.

LOL

Now this is a classy lady. She comes across as a strong woman with a good head on her shoulders.

“I’m the kind of person who just wants to hug people.”

LOL

LOL

LOL

Reese, you shameless b*tch, stop selling cr*p like that.

PHOTOSHOPPED!!!

she is soooo photoshopped at the cover that I thought “kind of looks like Reese”… AND “IT IS” HER!!!

she looks like a breath of fresh air.

So much better than some celebrities with tons of hideous makeup on…..for example…like Christina Aguliar (sp??)

she’s so cute and smart too :-)

Stupid Reese @ 11/20/2008 at 5:45 pm

Reese Witherspoon is an overrared actress, lousy mother and pompous, fake-nice person.

All this shameless self promoting and BS she makes about herself makes her look silly.

Adoring Fan @ 11/20/2008 at 5:48 pm

I love and adore Reee. She is such a special lady. I feel sorry for people who can’t she her goodness. She is soo awesome.

Reese is awesome.

she looks AMAZING in this set of pics, despite what some people may be thinking i think she is aging beautifully (not that she is even aging that much at all yet, since she is only what like 32 or something?!) haha but omg i can’t wait to see Four Christmases when it comes out, ive been seeing so many trailers and ads and posters around for it, and i kinda agree that it looks alittle stupid but i think it will be a fun holiday movie, and Reese hasn’t done any films like that so im curious to see it and she is great in every movie she does and i admire the variety of roles she takes on in movies. anyway can’t wait to get this issue of Parade w/ my newspaper on this Sunday and yeahh she is simply amazingg<33 the cover looks quite airbrushed though, to the point that it doesn’t even much look like the Reese we all know so well!!! but whatever, the rest of the pics are great, i love that she looks amazing whether she is in a dress (that red one is gorgeous) or simply in jeans and a shirt like in the other pics!!! i loved seeing her present and on the red carpet of the CMA Awards, that black dress was gorgeous!! Nashville is her hometown after all, good to see her come home and not forget her roots!!Also, i love her hair short, and she looks to be at a very healthy weight these days, not too skinny or too large, but perfectly fit with some curves, i like her that way, i mean she looked amazing after her divorce from Ryan a couple of years ago, but she was also a little too skinny i think.

think reese will get married again soon? I can’t tell from all the mixed messages:

DId Miss Family Values talk about the fact she is living with her man in front of the kids? Next thing you know she’ll be pregnant and she still will be talking about family values, and sleeping with Jake Gyllenhaal. I think she is a big phoney and I think Jake should runnnnnn!

BabiiVfanforeva @ 11/20/2008 at 6:56 pm

shes one beautiful lady with a good head on her shoulders..now thats a good role model..reese is so pretty ..naturally too and shows she doesnt need so much make up to look good..goregeous :D..and she has wonderful talnet :)

So apparently, Parade magazine uses the Sears Portrait Studio.

Not the best pics, but she’s still pretty. She must be pretty intelligent if she got into Stanford.

It seems she handled her divorce better that others who love to make a mess out of it

PHONYSPOON @ 11/20/2008 at 7:50 pm

Reese Witherspoon is still pertending to date Jake?

LOL

Reese and her “relationship” are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

PHONYSPOON @ 11/20/2008 at 7:52 pm

Reese Witherspoon is still PRETENDING to date Jake?

LOL

Reese and her “relationship” are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

rEESE LOOKS LIKe SHIT @ 11/20/2008 at 7:54 pm

Reese looks terrible, that face is dog ugly.

Four Christmases is boring and dull just like her!

phony cow @ 11/20/2008 at 7:59 pm

WHAT A PHONY !!!

Can’t believe that Reese said all that BS.

She is a shameless liar.

she looks old in this pictures.

African Girl @ 11/20/2008 at 8:16 pm

Talk about CLASSY and MATURE. Now THIS is how you handle a divorce.

Bravo RW, Bravo!!!

Love her, classy and cute, can’t wait to see the movie!

Thanks God! She doesn´t want to get married yet.

So, run, Jake, run while you can!

I will say this, Reese has gotten better with time! She’s grown to be cute. Love her chin lenght bob! You go gurl!

fug as usual. she needs chin reduction surgery stat!

Hello Photoshop !

realitychecksofu @ 11/21/2008 at 12:04 am

Reese is a good mother who puts her kids first and is grown up enuf to ignore the comments of those who judge her and call her fake and phony she is a smart and educated woman who could mop the floor with you ignorant, insecure bafoons if she chose to. But she has way to much class to bother wit u haters. But i dont. So to all of you who insist she is fake and phony why dont you look in the mirror and get a good look at someone who is fake and phony and i am sure all the airbrushing in the world couldnt take the ugly off of the face looking back at you. And lucky for people like you she is a real parent who tells her kids that you have the right to freedom of speech even if it is pathetic and based on untruths.And the real truth is You say these these things because you know on your best day you could never even get close to being as good or real as her. They say dont hate the player hate the game but in your cases it should be dont hate the people that are sec

Open your eyes @ 11/21/2008 at 12:11 am

Reese is a bad mother and one of the biggest phoneys there is in HW. She uses her children for photo opps with her beard, and then turns around and “complains” about the bad paps. Reese is like Britney, she couldn’t live without those paps and has them on speed-dial. It is well-known that paps won’t go after the children and magazines like US won’t print photos of a star’s kids unless the star is okay with it. Bonnie Fuller wrote an article about this awhile back. So if we’re seeing her kids, she’s allowing it.

And if Jake weren’t a beard, she’d be an even worse mother. She’s not ready for marriage or to settle down, but meanwhile she wants everyone to think she’s already got him living with her and treating her kids like his own??? Nobody who just got divorced would do this to their children, they need time to adjust to their parents splitting.

#23 & #40 – Well said. I totally agree with you on this. I have said all along that Reese is pathetic. What? She portrays to be a good Mom and setting good examples? Then why is her boyfriend living in her house with her children? Yeah right Reese, your a great role model!

Jake Gyllenhaal is lover of Reese Witherspoon for long time. She was married when he was lover of her and he made exercise with Ryan Phillippe. They had the same trainer too!
In Golden Globes she used the same dress of Kirsten Dunst used in anothe Golden Globe too.

The family of Jake Gyllenhaal prafvtice nepotism. The most part of film he had made was with her sister. his father or the men of her sister.
The family of him knew about Jake Gyllenhaal was lover of her and put Reese Witherspoon in the same film Rendition with the men of his sister too!

It is the motive that a little time before the film would be make, she abandon her men…a little month after that she was quikly with Jake Gyllenhaal.

Open your eyes

you said:
Nobody who just got divorced would do this to their children, they need time to adjust to their parents aplitting”.

This plan isn’t in head of this dirty women….
She would belong the families whose practice nepotism whose are a plague in Hollywood. She would use her children to them take part and perhaps work in Hollywood too!

It is very strange all these prize that she bacame too and how she became good places in film.
I think that she §practice& §pro&stitutio$n and %sleeped§ with lot of leathers of Hollywood !

It is impressive what a computer trick make with a face of a person and how the computer change the face too!

The actors and actresses has their own Magazines and they paid to that TV make propaganda of them too.

It is impressive that people without prestige and moral would be show without shame for our society!

se when did they let you out of the looney bin?

Beauty comes from the inside too. And this thread just proves how ugly some of you are and how beautiful she IS!

PR is called part of her job.

Me and Kristen

If you think that to have success in their lives it is necessary to %sle&ep% with lot of man it is your problem.
When we are competent in our work we haven’t to have $s&ex§ with nobody.

In the past it was only necessary the name of some actor or actress for thge people become wish to to to the cinema!
Shirley Temple as mall child saved the film company that she had been worked od financial dificulties!

In the past the public wasn’t degenerate like you (Me and Kristen). They went to the cinema to watch a sweet small girl sing and dance not to watch violence, sex or give importance for mediocre and stupidy people!

se when did i say that she had to sleep with people to get where she is? All I said was that it is part of her job and that while some people only attribute beauty to physical beauty, I attribute beauty to what is inside someone heart and soul.

Press junkets are part of every actors job, not just hers EVERY actor.

your comments are very difficult to read but from what I can understand you honestly sound very uneducated and bigoted (and I don’t mean your spelling errors).

guess what se

i am not a degenerate and i do enjoy many different types of movies.

stop generalizing people just because they like reese and you obviously don’t. now i know why ‘me’ asked when you got out? may be she’s right and the truth hurt.

realitychecksofu is definitely Reese herself.

hahhaha…whomever photoshopped that pic needs to be fired! that does not look like reese!

Kristen you comments are so logical and down to earth…. Love you :-)

I have read many of your posts and find you very interesting and thoughtful.

Love you and all the logical people posting here. It is a refreshing change from all the negativity.

Sorry i mean YOUR comments… :)))
I must stop with this writing…. i start begin obsessive :)))

I just want to strangle….er…I mean hug…..people. Yeah, write that down. And like I almost became a nuclear physicist…..er…I mean social anthopologist…… Yeah write that down. And I do believe in LOVE. I do I do I do.. Believe me I just love everybody. That’s how I got to be the highest paid actress in Hollyweird. I did NOT sleep with anybody to get ahead. “Gave head”???? No, I said “get ahead.” Now repeat after me: love love love love.

Jakey better read the writing on the wall. She seems to have made it clear she has no intention of marrying him. Maybe he doesn’t want marriage or kids. Wonder why? If he does, he’s probably wasting his time on her. Wake up Jakey and smell the coffee. She ain’t goin’ to marry you.

Jakey these women are just no damn good. You need to get back to your male pals. Like Newton, or whatever his name was. You and he were pretty tight there for a while. Or maybe Chris will marry you. Is a gay marriage legal in Massachusetts. Then you and yours could cook up a storm together. What bliss.

STUPID REESE @ 11/23/2008 at 12:00 pm

Interview – Reese Witherspoon is beyond stupid! What a phony!

Jake,

please find another beard, this ugly b*tch is making you look bad!

So guys, what you think…. who is right WOMAN for Jake ???

“right woman”???? Maybe we should find the “right man.” LOL. Then nobody would expect him to get married.

I bet Jake and Reese will get marry soon!

This kind of people – like Reese – says one thing but does another thing completely different.

I ´d prefer Reese was saying the truth cause Jake is too young for a wedding with woman mother of two.

Anon

what is wrong with a woman with two kids?

Kristen

Ryan Phillippe is responsable for his 2 kids and the laws by justice say that .
Jake Gyllenhaal will always be a babysitter of 2 children not his father.
In the future when these child will get married Jake Gyllenhaal can be by formal cerimony with the children because he isn’t the father and he don’t represent their parents!

Look at these men. How is an ignorant and stupidy! He can’t the real world and he will more stupidy in a house for a little sex with a celullite women and to work as babby sitter!
He will go soon to the home for old people!

FYI se

IF Reese and Jake get married he WILL BE their step-father and a step-father does represent his step chidlren. YOU idiot.

sorry but I didn’t get the memo that you were perfect. Must be in my pile of bullsh*t mail.

You know when I first started reading your posts I thought you were a little off. Now I know you just plain ****** CRAZY!