Reese Witherspoon Covers Parade Magazine

Reese Witherspoon Covers Parade Magazine

Reese Witherspoon speaks candidly in this Sunday’s issue of Parade about her divorce with Ryan Phillippe, feeling unsure about marriage with Jake Gyllenhaal and the biggest detriment in her life — tabloid fame. Here’s a sampling:

On her divorce with actor Ryan Phillippe: “There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce. Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don’t have time for hate or negativity in my life. There’s no room for it. When you make wrong choices, you have to take responsibility for them: ‘What part of this do I own?’ I struggle to figure out what made me make those choices. All I can hope for is that I’ve learned something from it and won’t make the same choices again.”

On the biggest problem in her life: “The biggest detriment of my life is tabloid fame. It removes me from people. When I first meet someone, it is so hard for me to overcome everything they’ve read about me. It’s not fair. It’s difficult, because I’m the kind of person who just wants to hug people.”

On giving her kids a good value system: ““I’m teaching the children what we were taught growing up—a real set of rules, discipline, and love. Children thrive with a sense of structure, and they’re frightened without it. The ways you behave, how you speak to other people—those things don’t leave you… The other day my son said to me, ‘Mama, why do I have to take off my hat in the house?’ I was like, ‘Because it’s respectful. That’s why you take off your hat.’ And he goes, ‘And I always have to take off my hat in church, too!’ It really bothered him. But those values sustain a life. Respect. Faith. Empathy. Compassion.”

On what life would be if she wasn’t an actress: “I loved Stanford, and I wish I had gone back and finished. Today, if I were not an actor, I’d probably be a social anthropologist or a psychologist. I have an endless curiosity about people. But then I think, ‘I’ve been very lucky. I don’t regret the path I went on in life’.

For the full cover story, visit Parade.com. Reese photo gallery here and bonus quotes here.

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

Not the best pics, but she’s still pretty. She must be pretty intelligent if she got into Stanford.

It seems she handled her divorce better that others who love to make a mess out of it

PHONYSPOON @ 11/20/2008 at 7:50 pm

Reese Witherspoon is still pertending to date Jake?

LOL

Reese and her “relationship” are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

PHONYSPOON @ 11/20/2008 at 7:52 pm

Reese Witherspoon is still PRETENDING to date Jake?

LOL

Reese and her “relationship” are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

rEESE LOOKS LIKe SHIT @ 11/20/2008 at 7:54 pm

Reese looks terrible, that face is dog ugly.

Four Christmases is boring and dull just like her!

phony cow @ 11/20/2008 at 7:59 pm

WHAT A PHONY !!!

Can’t believe that Reese said all that BS.

She is a shameless liar.

she looks old in this pictures.

African Girl @ 11/20/2008 at 8:16 pm

Talk about CLASSY and MATURE. Now THIS is how you handle a divorce.

Bravo RW, Bravo!!!

Love her, classy and cute, can’t wait to see the movie!

Thanks God! She doesn´t want to get married yet.

So, run, Jake, run while you can!

I will say this, Reese has gotten better with time! She’s grown to be cute. Love her chin lenght bob! You go gurl!

fug as usual. she needs chin reduction surgery stat!

Hello Photoshop !

realitychecksofu @ 11/21/2008 at 12:04 am

Reese is a good mother who puts her kids first and is grown up enuf to ignore the comments of those who judge her and call her fake and phony she is a smart and educated woman who could mop the floor with you ignorant, insecure bafoons if she chose to. But she has way to much class to bother wit u haters. But i dont. So to all of you who insist she is fake and phony why dont you look in the mirror and get a good look at someone who is fake and phony and i am sure all the airbrushing in the world couldnt take the ugly off of the face looking back at you. And lucky for people like you she is a real parent who tells her kids that you have the right to freedom of speech even if it is pathetic and based on untruths.And the real truth is You say these these things because you know on your best day you could never even get close to being as good or real as her. They say dont hate the player hate the game but in your cases it should be dont hate the people that are sec

Open your eyes @ 11/21/2008 at 12:11 am

Reese is a bad mother and one of the biggest phoneys there is in HW. She uses her children for photo opps with her beard, and then turns around and “complains” about the bad paps. Reese is like Britney, she couldn’t live without those paps and has them on speed-dial. It is well-known that paps won’t go after the children and magazines like US won’t print photos of a star’s kids unless the star is okay with it. Bonnie Fuller wrote an article about this awhile back. So if we’re seeing her kids, she’s allowing it.

And if Jake weren’t a beard, she’d be an even worse mother. She’s not ready for marriage or to settle down, but meanwhile she wants everyone to think she’s already got him living with her and treating her kids like his own??? Nobody who just got divorced would do this to their children, they need time to adjust to their parents splitting.

#23 & #40 – Well said. I totally agree with you on this. I have said all along that Reese is pathetic. What? She portrays to be a good Mom and setting good examples? Then why is her boyfriend living in her house with her children? Yeah right Reese, your a great role model!

Jake Gyllenhaal is lover of Reese Witherspoon for long time. She was married when he was lover of her and he made exercise with Ryan Phillippe. They had the same trainer too!
In Golden Globes she used the same dress of Kirsten Dunst used in anothe Golden Globe too.

The family of Jake Gyllenhaal prafvtice nepotism. The most part of film he had made was with her sister. his father or the men of her sister.
The family of him knew about Jake Gyllenhaal was lover of her and put Reese Witherspoon in the same film Rendition with the men of his sister too!

It is the motive that a little time before the film would be make, she abandon her men…a little month after that she was quikly with Jake Gyllenhaal.

Open your eyes

you said:
Nobody who just got divorced would do this to their children, they need time to adjust to their parents aplitting”.

This plan isn’t in head of this dirty women….
She would belong the families whose practice nepotism whose are a plague in Hollywood. She would use her children to them take part and perhaps work in Hollywood too!

It is very strange all these prize that she bacame too and how she became good places in film.
I think that she §practice& §pro&stitutio$n and %sleeped§ with lot of leathers of Hollywood !

It is impressive what a computer trick make with a face of a person and how the computer change the face too!

The actors and actresses has their own Magazines and they paid to that TV make propaganda of them too.

It is impressive that people without prestige and moral would be show without shame for our society!

se when did they let you out of the looney bin?

Beauty comes from the inside too. And this thread just proves how ugly some of you are and how beautiful she IS!

PR is called part of her job.

Me and Kristen

If you think that to have success in their lives it is necessary to %sle&ep% with lot of man it is your problem.
When we are competent in our work we haven’t to have $s&ex§ with nobody.

In the past it was only necessary the name of some actor or actress for thge people become wish to to to the cinema!
Shirley Temple as mall child saved the film company that she had been worked od financial dificulties!

In the past the public wasn’t degenerate like you (Me and Kristen). They went to the cinema to watch a sweet small girl sing and dance not to watch violence, sex or give importance for mediocre and stupidy people!

se when did i say that she had to sleep with people to get where she is? All I said was that it is part of her job and that while some people only attribute beauty to physical beauty, I attribute beauty to what is inside someone heart and soul.

Press junkets are part of every actors job, not just hers EVERY actor.

your comments are very difficult to read but from what I can understand you honestly sound very uneducated and bigoted (and I don’t mean your spelling errors).

guess what se

i am not a degenerate and i do enjoy many different types of movies.

stop generalizing people just because they like reese and you obviously don’t. now i know why ‘me’ asked when you got out? may be she’s right and the truth hurt.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All