Nicole Kidman: Say No To Violence Against Women!

Nicole Kidman: Say No To Violence Against Women!

UNIFEM Goodwill Ambassador Nicole Kidman announces that more than five million people have signed a internet-based petition for the “Say No to Violence against Women” campaign on Tuesday at United Nations headquarters in New York.

“We thought that the more names we collected, the stronger our case to make ending violence against women a top priority for governments everywhere,” the 41-year-old Aussie actress said. “Well, the results are in. We’ve tallied the numbers from Bangkok and Tanzania, from Ecuador to Fiji, from Jordan to India. I am so delighted to announce that they have far, far, surpassed our goal.”

United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) is the women’s fund at the United Nations, promoting women’s human rights and gender equality in over 100 countries.

15+ pictures inside of Nicole Kidman saying no to violence against women…

nicole kidman violence against women 00
nicole kidman violence against women 11
nicole kidman violence against women 12
nicole kidman violence against women 13
nicole kidman violence against women 14
nicole kidman violence against women 15
nicole kidman violence against women 16

What a daring decision..no to violence against women. Not too many people are actually advocating it.

Mrs. brunette @ 11/25/2008 at 5:42 pm

Well, MOO, if you’d stop chewing your cud, you’d realize that there is more to this than just saying no. There is fund raising, on going programs, awareness campaigns, new programs in countries where women are considered not only second class citizens, but not worthy of any respect.
But, you just go back to chewing your cud since your brain has shut down.

great news.
the world is needing peace.

LOVE NICOLE!!!! she´s an amazing person!

Manipualative ho @ 11/25/2008 at 5:49 pm

Oh what a suprise ! that comes whene her “aussie film” is coming out PLZ…..PR anyone ?

fabulous, good work

WONDERFUL NEWS!

Why she didn’t that before or waiting after her pr tour movie is over? why at that moment of her promotion movie tour ….. attention ho, sorry but i find her fake i don’t buy her manipulations.

the UNIFEM is making so many things in this world for women , not only saying no against violence, maybe some haters here should do something better with their lifes and help them

Nicole is a wonderful person. Good job.

the real jc. @ 11/25/2008 at 6:01 pm

Good for her. She’s doing her part and looking fabulous while doing it. But do we really expect any less from this gorgeous woman?

is that a joke @ 11/25/2008 at 6:03 pm

So she is just showing a book of a signed internet petition ? everyone can do that, that’s what you’re calling “wonderful” “fabulous??? are you kidding me ??? i thought she was bringing “5 Million Dollars” since she is the highest paid actresse in hollywood 20 million dollar the movie, what a Joke-News

she is MY LIFE!

Sorry, is that a joke, but that is serious.
No rage, please.

I’ve signed a plenty of petitions this month, it’s just normal, it’s not something exceptional, but next time i will film myself with a cam and send it here…lol, the great thing will be if she had put a million $ especially coming from a millionair as her….

FOR: is that a joke

Nic is wonderful, fabulous, generous, fantastic, intelligent ……..

great JOB !

Oh please she is just a manipulative media ho who is just taking her PR photo,in a choosing moment, and by doing what ? presenting a signing book ?? oh what a hero!!! i lost my words, plz .

JHON LENON

“Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say, I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us
And the world will be as one”

Dani, she went presenting the book, no one called her, every fund memeber can do that, she contacted them went there and did all that just to present theme a book of a signed petitions and take pictures with it .

Nice cause, but she really should be advocating against Botox. She has way too much of it. Her face is so frozen it may never thaw out.

It is also to support those in the world torn countries, like Kosovo. This project has been going on for over a year. Great cause and it will help those who need it. The internet sinage is about 1 million. But they have on paper siggies from all over the world where people are not accessible to internet. They collected more than 5 million signatures. Their aim was 1 million and it far exceeded it.

You can see the creases/line in her face. Her face is same as her shoulder and arms, she can’t get whole body b.. She’s just pale. I have never seen her with zits and blemishes, so I think she takes care of it.

But I have to say she looks hot after having the baby. Same with Brit Brit Spears.

Because I thought Nicole visited third world countries and met with survivors of rape and stonings. Then she met with local politicians and lawmakers to change the laws against women.

Oh, right, because the shelters are secret and the women are in danger of being murdered by their husbands and families, there are no photos taken to be posted by Jared.I see one Nicole hater, one with a serious personality disorder who posts under several names.

The other thing that is noticeable about this hateful person is they no nothing UNIFEM or the UN.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 11/25/2008 at 7:35 pm

horrible frozen faced actress.

We all support the causes,every body does,who didn’t,but there is a difference between “supporting” (taking pics) and “giving money”.

You losers should know that she has been an advocate for this cause for years now.

Nicole you should stop spending your millions in the surgeries and the botox, and give it to the cause.

the haters should stop bashing Nicole and do something to change the world. While you spend your time here on her, she’s there giving support and her voice to a cause she believes, which is very much appreciated since helps change the women in terrible conditions over the world [while it seems stupid by some, there are some countries where women are still considered a kind of possession rather than a human being].

Her fake lips are ridiclous, what was she thinking ?

Love her…..my respect for her doubled when she and Tom broke up. She kept her dignity and didn’t give in to his demands. I was proud of her as a woman.

tim- # 30..

nothing wrong with Nicole’s lips.

If you want ridiculous….take a look here!

I´m no davi or peace @ 11/25/2008 at 9:18 pm

but

dani @ 11/25/2008 at 6:38 pm To the same fanatic freak PEACE, Davi……she is your life ? wow man i feel bad for you and for your sad life then, you’re so pathetic, this person doesn’t even know you, she ignores your existence at all, and you’re saying she is you’re life, i bet if she cross you she’ll not even look at you , omg it’s so scary and pathetic, someone has to tell to the scary freaks of your kind to wake the f*ck up and to get a LIFE, you really need some help .

HEY WHO IS THE PATHETIC ONE HERE? THEY , THAT COME HERE TO SEE PICS OF SOMEONE THEY LIKE OR YOU! THAT READ ALL THE ******* COMMENTS OF THE FANS OF SOMEONE U DON´T LIKE, AND NOT ONLY THAT, U WRITE A COMMENT TO SAY HOW PATHETIC THEY ARE, REALLY?? AND TELL ME PLEASE , DID U SIGN FOR THE UNIFEM? I DON´T THINK SO, 4 PEOPLE LIKE U IS THAT THIS WORLD IS A BIG DISASTER AND FULL OF HATE

HOW SHALOW CAN U BE? @ 11/25/2008 at 9:25 pm

GOSH!

# 25 [☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 11/25/2008 at 7:35 pm horrible frozen faced actress.

that was a big campaign against violence and all u can see is that??? poor soul I feel sorry for people like u

Her face looks horribly plastique.

I´m no davi or peace @ 11/25/2008 at 9:18 pm

Well there are two Dani’s posting on the list. The reply to your post wasn’t me! I was the first Dani poster.

Do you think this event would have received this publicity if Nicole hadn’t been there? Her association with the cause has raised public awareness of women’s problems, and now there’s been a pledge of 19 million dollars from the government to support programs helping women throughout the world. I admire her for being involved.

Fake lips or grey hair; it doesn’t matter. She is championing a great cause. I think she has to give pressies every quarterly to raise awareness.

keltilass @ 11/26/2008 at 1:45 am

N.K. has been on this for a while. I signed that petition some time ago.

As a survivor, I applaud any attention she can give to this issue. I do believe the signatures can make an impact.. If it takes having a celebrity face tied to it… then, I thank her for it.

Good cause, whatever the motivation. As a PS, maybe she should speak out against violent bodyguards? Oh yeah, and the perils of botox and lip plumpers, too.

Paddy McPaddy @ 11/26/2008 at 5:10 am

This ***** needs a good smack in the face.

@ Dani “Get real you idiots saying she is doing this for the movie. This event was scheduled far in advance. The UN doesn’t just say, “Oh Nicole has a movie coming out tomorrow, so la di da lets have a little ceremony for her work on against violence on women.” I believe this has been scheduled for at least six months if I remember the original press release.
Why don’t you all hating on her go hate on Lindsay or Paris or Britney or hundreds of others in HOllywood that do nothing.”

Dani – please do your background check before you make silly comments – Nicole Kidman was here is Kosovo about 2 years ago – there was local media and very low key – Nicole met with women who were brutally rape and beaten and she did it behind closed doors – I can tell you after listening for hours to these women she was a total wreck!

The international media did not catch on but we all know in Kosovo -she is doing a great job and I am glad it is finally out there what she has been doing these couple years!

yeah she was there in Kosovo carrying a designer handbag worth hundreds of dollars….please she’s spent maybe 4 days involved = listening to people and the rest of the time she jets around on her private jet….yes what a crusader.

Thinking celebrities are the ones changing the world or doing the actual work is just insane. The heroes of the world are the people in your neighborhood who can barely support themselves and their families but who volunteer hour upon hours (unnoticed, no paparazzi there!) and give their (truly) hard earned money which is a HUGE proportional part of their income compared to anything a celeb gives.

you nk worshippers are really nuts.

Isn’t it convenient that this UNIFEM event happened to be at the same time Kidman is promoting her flop in NYC? Timing is everything for Kidman!

Instead of attending these conferences with her designer clothes, why doesn’t she actually go to these countries and get her hands dirty for a change. Parading through town waving at abused women isn’t exactly working for the cause! Wasn’t she promoting a movie at that time as well over in Europe – ya know just before Kidman’s hubby had to go to rehab?

Our modern Grace Kelly! Sweet, feminine, classy and simply beautiful and radiant! WOW! I love that she takes an interest in UN work, too.

I can’t wait to see Australia, the movie. I hear it’s a modern Gone with the Wind and a really powerful love story..just the old-fashioned great epic that we romantic girls LOVE!!!

classy and pretty. red heels dont match though. however, what a perfect time to be promoting this. her film’s coming out next week. i’ll still be watching it anwyays

PLEASE do not compare Kidman to Grace Kelly!

VERY much like Grace Kelly!

THE most beautiful woman in the world! She’s glowing..my god, she’s pretty. All the envy here just proves that she’s outstandingly gorgeous. Other women can’t stand her..haha. I’d like to see the fugly pics of the b**s who trash her here. That would be a laugh.

How could U N i f e m use kidman to speak againts violence when she stood and watched that brute of a bodyguared of hers beat up a older man violence is violence weather it is a man or woman

Nicole is very elegant here. I like the dress! It’s a good thing trying to help women who are abused. Hopefully she raises awareness.

Taco @ 11/26/2008 at 8:33 am

She has gone to various countries visiting the women and talking with them to get their stories. Some of what UN ambassadors do is not publicized and much of it is. One of the reasons they choose high profile actors, musicians etc to lead the cause is for awareness. Ms. Kidman has been involved in women’s issues for a long time in Australia and Hollywood. This isn’t her first stab at it Taco.
Just because you don’t like her doesn’t mean she isn’t doing her job and doing good.
And she is reminiscent of Grace Kelly. And if you know anything about Grace Kelly you would realize had she been alive today she would be using botox, plastic surgery and anything else to stay good looking. Yes she was beloved as the Princess of Monaco, but she also had vainer aspects to her. Read her bios and other research done on her. She certainly didn’t do well raising her kids did she?

Yes, I wonder how many of her fans on here watched that lovely video of David Garris, Kidman’s bodyguard, physically attacking a man while he was falsely imprisoned in his own car!

Oh please Danielle, Kidman hasn’t had any time to go over to other countries in over two years. Where she has been located all this time has been duly noted by her buddies the paps, and UNIFEM does want the work documented and photographed, so please provide me the evidence that says she has been visting countries all of this time.

TACO + GARRIS @ 11/26/2008 at 10:20 am

Over 30 anti- Kidman posts in one week. Kidamn was overseas, READ NEWSPAPERS!

Givie it a rest. We’re glad her bodyguard beat the sheet out of you!

A beaten pap is good for society. Ask Prince William.

Don’t chase pregant women!

KIdman in KOSOVO LINK @ 11/26/2008 at 10:25 am

Kidman also visted the Sudan and Idonesian shelters.

Eat dirt Taco!

What a great cause.

Now I think about it, she doesn’t look too bad when she doesn’t smile. When she DOES smile, those lips start to scare me!

I absolutely love Nicole and am soooo happy she has a great life with Keith and her kids. That being said, not so crazy about Nicole’s use of botox. She is looking abit plastic these days. Nicole is a natural beauty and does not need it.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
LOVE!! LOVE!!! LOVE NICOLE!!!!

Eww she looks like Michael Jackson. It looks like it hurts to make that face. Ugh she is so overrated, overpaid and overexposed. Wish she’d go away already.

And funny how she makes this appearance right when her film is coming out. The only time I ever see her making a un appearance is for a film. Last year she made an appearance when that huge crappy flop the Invasion came out too. She’s so hollywood and fake. Give me real actresses like Kate WInslet or Cate Blanchett anyday not this stiff, overrated ambitious chick who we only know because she was married to Tom Cruise in the first place.

————————————–

[——————————————–
lmao. Really? No maybe we just don’t find freakishly overbotoxed, tight faces attractive. Beautiful woman in the world? Not even the most beautiful woman in hollywood. Charlize Theron alone trumps Nicole’s plastic looking ass.

Charlize is totally ordinary. That’s why you like her. Ugly women don’t like Nic since she is too beautiful and unique. That’s envy rearing its ugly head. By the way she’s absolutely GORGEOUS in the movie Australia. You could only dream of looking like her, or being in a GREAT film like Australia.

i signed that petition (the Bangkok listing)!! I think its great shes trying take advantage of her fame for a good cause – she doesnt really seem like the type to famewhore so one can only assume she genuinely cares. I wish people would stop bashing her so superficially – her looks and whatnot – not all celebrities are fame-mongering nutjobs like Speidi.

i’m an advocate for violence against men.

good idea. me too. i think the violence is too one-sided. I believe in equality.

She’s an idiot. Does she really think someone about to beat their wife is going to say Oh Yeah Nicole Kidman thinks I should say no to violence, I’ll just take her out to dinner instead, She totally over estimates her importance. I think al the botox is eating into her brain. And her lips get bigger every time I see her. Hope they explode soon.

nicole lover @ 03/28/2009 at 12:15 pm

nicole is most beautiful woman in the world
nicole is best actress