Who is Barbara Walters's Most Fascinating?

Who is Barbara Walters's Most Fascinating?

Barbara Walters has released more names from her TV special, “Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2008”.

10 — Will Smith
9 — Tom Cruise
8 — Tina Fey
7 — Rush Limbaugh
6 — Miley Cyrus
5 — Michael Phelps
4 — Sarah Palin
3 — Frank Langella (Frost/Nixon)
2 — Thomas Beatie (Pregnant Man)

The #1 Most Fascinating Person will be announced on the program, which airs this Thursday, December 4 @ 10PM ET/PT on ABC.

Last year, Babs chose Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling.

WHO DO YOU THINK is Barbara Walters’s most fascinasting person???

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

barak hussein obama

probably the president elect…

Definitely Britney Spears!

Definitely Britney Spears!

It’s Obama, duh.

Angelina Jolie

i think it’s obvious, OBAMA!

marisa720 @ 12/01/2008 at 7:26 pm

The pregnant man was born a woman. So why is that fascinating? Most of her list is a very shallow list. Barbara Walters is more of a celebrity journalist than anything else. I’m not impressed.

cheryl cole is frigging hot @ 12/01/2008 at 7:29 pm

**** the pregnant man
wtf tom cruise, how the hell is he fascinating other than he’s an alien
i have no idea who is 3 or 7
i agree that angelina should be on her

IT’S DEFINITELY BRITNEY!

Tom Cruse? Plez. Are you sure that should not be Suri Cruise. Tom did nothing this year. Rush? Are you sure this is just a list of people Babbs wanted to talk to and would agree to talk to her.

Obama is the most fascinating.

this list is terrible. i love me some Big Willy but seriously? and Tom Cruise? WTF

definitely OBAMA!!!
and if its not OBAMA,
then its like Britney Spears or Hillary Clinton

mi_vid_loca @ 12/01/2008 at 7:43 pm

thought of Ms. Angelina JOLIE

Yawn. The number one is Obama. There is nothing she is going to tell about him that the public doesn’t know already.

GOOD VICTORIA @ 12/01/2008 at 7:45 pm

AGREE ” KAY ‘….Tom Cruise ???….what ???…and ” the pregnant man “?….WHY ???….PLEASE TELL ME WHY ????, AND, Who is NUMBER # 3, anyway ?….Will Smith ?…OH, Well, it keeps getting worse…..Poor ole Barbara has oddest idea of who is ” great ‘ and ‘ exciting “….It tells me alot about HER life….MICHAEL PHELPS?….He just BECAME popular because of the olympics….It’s not like he has been around for awhile and really done some good things….

just saying... @ 12/01/2008 at 7:45 pm

Brad Pitt or Barack Obama

She forgot her medication again….

Ok, I get..Tina, Michael, Miley (yuck), Sarah and maybe Rush ( the big contract)..NO take him off…

The others on the list, where has Barbara been over the year?Tom Cruise… Will Smith (maybe him because of his blockbuster this summer), but shouldn’t she have chosen Robert Downey Jr.. He has made a full turn around in his career. From Drugs to fame.. Great story. But I don’t get Tom, Will, Frank ( I like him as an actor.. But their are millions of people who do no even know who he is)..

Barbara needs to take a break from her list. She and the ladies on the view spent a great deal of time on politic this year. They did not focus much on entainment. Did not know really what was going one.. Thus this Sucky list..

Oh puh-leez–Rush Limbaugh? Gag. Tom Cruise? What has he done this year to be fascinating. If any one from the Cruise fam should be on here–it should be Suri. And Frank Langella based on one movie this year?
This woman is so out of touch.

She just interviewed Obama last week on 20/20, she is not going to interview him again – 2 weeks later.

anonymous @ 12/01/2008 at 7:51 pm

Miley Cyrus? Are you shitting me? coughBULLSHITcough

I think about 3 names

Obama
Angelina Jolie
Britney Spears

I agree Barack Obama or Britney Spears (maybe she should save her for next year). But pleeeease … Tom Cruise. What’s up w/ that?? I can think of many more fascinating people than that. Who’s paying here?

jet' aime a:) @ 12/01/2008 at 7:55 pm

the milerz?
you got to be shitting me -.-

Something tells me it will not be Rosie :)

Barbara Walters drives me insane. I usually put her and larry king in the worst interviewer catagory. She always seems so oldskool, and way behind the times….I really just can not stand to watch her…plase retire.

ElledaJean Irwin @ 12/01/2008 at 8:00 pm

Probably someone Twilight related. Stephanie Meyer? Her books did outsell Harry Potter.

LOL @ bella, you got that right!

I agree w/ 25 Tom Cruise is was interesting 20 years ago, not now…

Obama or Sarah Palin maybe? But I don’t think it is Angie or Brad or Meyer or Spears.

I agree with most of you with WTF is Will, Cruise, Miley and Beatie doing on the list. For what?

Meyer Outselling Harry in what universe do you live in? please..

its OBAMA. i found out last week. what a shocker?

IT MUST BE MERYL STREEP !!!

If it isn’t Obama, it will be Angelina then.

Please stop with the pregnant woman. It is so uninteresting. Woman have been getting pregnant since the beginning of primate life.

Ewww…her list seriously wants to make me gag/vomit….just because some of these people were in the news lately does NOT make them fascinating…i won’t even go into detail cause it’s a waste of my time seriously

ugghh…one more look at those names and i WILL seriously gag/vomit

what the hell? Miley?? why??????

gosh, no you did not! SARAH PALIN? why’s that crazy woman fascinating? total BS BULL OF SH*T !!!!!!!!!

There’s two possible names: Obama or Spears. If she wants to do it in the obvious and conservative way she will choose Obama, but if she wants to make some buzz around she will choose Britney… But, why is not Beyoncé in that list? she can be instead of the pregnat man, what is fascinated thing about him?

Obama and if he had lost Hilary Clinton.

Based on the other 9, who cares about #1?

Who ever picks these lists needs to realize these are the same people she interviews every year. What about the Jonas Brothers, the cast of High School Musical, the cast of Twilight. I can think of alot of people who had a huge year. The only person I would keep on this list is Michael Phelps. Babs you are so old!

alypeezyybaby @ 12/01/2008 at 8:51 pm

maybe stephenie meyer? haha nah most likely britney, I would think

pr person @ 12/01/2008 at 8:51 pm

“Based on the other 9, who cares about #1?”

How true… how true!!

stephanie meyer or robbert pattinson(hot)

BRITNEY JEAN SPEARS

barack or britney

Miley?

Is she serious? Maybe if it was 10 most messed up kids of 2008 then Miley would definitely be #1.

WHAT THE **** IS SOOO FASCINATING ABOUT THIS PREGNANT MAN.

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKERS, THE “MAN” IS ACTUALLY A WOMAN!!!! WHAOOOOHHH!!

OMG, A PREGNANT WOMAN!!!!

*ROLLS EYES*

Miley desrves to be on there she has done A LOT this year and she has gone through a lot of crap and is STILL disney’s # 1. You can hate her all you want but don’t lie to yourself. Anw what I don’t understand is the pregnant man, no offense but “he” still has a ******! Also I think #1 is gonnna be Obama NOT Britney I mean what has she done this year? She didn’t even make a proper comeback, sorry but lipsynching on a show that is supposed to be live does not count as a comeback!

Just an idea of some of the longshots?? Hugh Jackman, Madonna , David Beckam, Jonas Brothers, Beyonce, Anderson Cooper, Heidi Klum, Ellen Degeneres, Oprah, Tiger Woods (is facinating to me), and even Tyra Banks had a pretty good year too.

Then there all the people we lost such this year, Heath Ledger, Michael Crichton, Charlton Heston, Tim Russert, and Paul Newman just to name a few.

a total fan @ 12/01/2008 at 9:16 pm

Jolie

I don’t care for barbara’s list….she definitely doesn’t impress me, but I think her #1 is Obama

Judging by that ridiculously asssssinine list ….it must be bozo the clown.

wOw Miley Cyrus……..she has done a lot this year……….

f.u.c.k YOU haters

PROOF POSITIVE that Barbara has crossed the dementia line.

TAYLOR SWIFT!! thats what i say!

Love TOM CRUISE

I will puke if its Obama Ben Ladin……promising change when he has the same ole crooks of Clinton….

I don’t know why Angelina Jolie didn’t make the list….she’s a humanitarian, wonderful mother and actress and also UN Ambassador. Why is Tom ” has been” Cruise on the list? All he does is preach his scientology and buy ugly clothes for Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise who have the same mentality.

Suri
Cruise

Our U.S. troops should be no.1

WTF!! This list is a joke! What did the psycho midget (TC) do that was so facinating this year?! Babs got an interview with him about his Nazi movie and she decides to include him? She’s gone senile. It’s obvious that Mr. and/or Mrs. Obama will be #1 and she’ll just show more clips from her interview last week.

i would say obama was the obvious choice too if she didn’t just do an interview with him so i’d half to say britney spears

I can’t believe someone would actually think Suri Cruise should be on the list. Medication time.

what a crappy list. rush limbaugh? i’m not sure being a bigot qualifies you as fascinating. tom cruise? he hasn’t been interesting since he got done jumping on oprah’s couch. will smith? yeah um i like him, but he’s hardly fascinating. sarah palin? being an idiot that got picked as a token candidate doesn’t make you fascinating, the only interesting thing about her is the fact that people aren’t completely outraged that she came as close as she did to getting elected to national office. the “pregnant man?” aside from the fact that having female parts and getting pregnant isn’t amazing, he’s just become a media *****.
barbara walters becomes more irrelevant every day and this list is just further proof. who should be number one? i’d go with michelle obama i guess, her husband is too obvious a choice & she seems like the more interesting of the pair. stephen colbert would be a good choice too, his brief presidential campaign was pretty fascinating.

Barack Obama’s my guess, too.

obama, clearly

Okay. Will Smith & Tom Cruise are just lame. I think the list should be… 10. sara palin 9. tina fay 8. taylor swift 7. miley cyrus. 6. hugh hefner 5. ? 4. ? 3.patrick demsey 2. britney spears 1. nicole richie

This is Barbara Walters. If you watch “The View,” which I do, it’s most likely going to be Barack Obama.

MARY-KATE OLSEN

George Clooney or Angelina

cougar4shia @ 12/01/2008 at 10:41 pm

WTF Miley Cyrus..please lord let her extended 15 minutes of fame be over soon. She is as annoying as TC. I think Babs got confused and this list is the worlds most annoying people of 2008.

Tom must have paid bought Walters a house or something to get on the list.. cut him and put in Robert Downey JR. Keep Tina, Micheal and Will and then add Stephanie Meyer, Brad and Angelina (joint interview..they count as one Brangelina), Don Cheadle, Hilary Clinton, Sarah Palin(if you must), and then whatever number one she wants…Obama

**** OBAMA.

Maybe he will get it and explain to everyone what a terrorist he really is.

Hey Blonde, over here! @ 12/01/2008 at 11:02 pm

TOM CRUISE?!? Why? What exactly has he done in the last year that’s interesting? I’m not a fan of Miley, but she is way more interesting. I think britney should be on the list- she has had a hell of a year and comeback.

Sour grapes, jenn # 73? Get over it, already.

obama or britney spears

Barack Obama, there is really no other possibility. The “PREGNANT MAN” gets on my nerves, I do not want to see HIM/HER/IT!! HE was a WOMAN. Otherwise pretty stupid list. I’d go with Tina Fey, maybe. The rest of them, forget it. “Fascinating?” Tom Cruise? Miley Cyrus? I don’t think so.

Obama and his wife, Michelle perhaps?

forget Britney Spears! I don’t think Barbara will dare have her on the program. Too risky to have a unstable person on.

it had better be Robert Downey jr

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 12/02/2008 at 12:51 am

… go tom.

#1 – obama.

haters are going crazy jealous @ 12/02/2008 at 12:53 am

Obama is a loser

TC is a winner

President Bush should be no.1 also Bill O’Riley…

I agree with Smith,Cruise,Rush and Palin. The rest are a joke.
Rather see the Queen of England than Obama.

My first thought was Britney, but then I realized they will want an in depth ( not conservitorshop controlled ) interview from her that will get ratings on it’s own, so yeah, my obvious choice is definitely Obama!

I don’t think a president elect will sit down with her at this time. That is why Obama would not work.
Oprah, Sarah Palin, or Angelina Jolie.

Barack Obama Duh!

britney

or obama

Aside from Will Smith, Babs is so out of touch with this list. Has been weirdo Tom Cruise for God sake? What has he down for this year that’s been fascinating?

come on….it’s so obvious that of course it would have to be Obama whether or not you voted for him or not. He’s our future President for goodness sakes and made history this election so of course it’s Obama. No contest. That being said…that rest of that list is comical. Most of the actors on that list haven’t had any work to qualify them as most fascinating this year. The only people other than Obama that I agree with being on that list would be Sarah Palin, Tina Fey, Michael Phelps, and possibly Miley Cyrus (even though I don’t like her at all she’s a huge tween star and really took off this year).

oh and to add i think that even though he passed away i think that heath ledger should be on that list. his portroyal of the joker in the dark knight was the only performance so far this year by an actor worthy of being considered fascinating

# 9 marisa720 @ 12/01/2008 at 7:26 pm

————————————-

Totally agree.

Rosie ODonald?

It’s obviously has to be President-Elect Barack Obama

If the pregnant man is nr 2. then I think she will find her “talking” dog the most fascinating this year. Or Speidi.

it’s OBAMA of course!!! no suprise there!!!!

I second all the objections to Tom Snooze, but even more than that: Frank Langella? Seriously? A 70-year-old actor (granted, a very good one) recreating a role he did on stage two or three years ago for relentlessly bland Ron Howard in a film that is getting, at best, very mixed reviews? Naaah, there can’t be any corporate synergy happening there.

Angelina Jolie :D

I say Tom Cruise might be in the top ten MOST OVERRATED people, but most fascinating? No way. I wonder how much he had to pay to buy this publicity, or did he have some kind of blackmail he is holding over Barbara Walters? I mean seriously, the only thing he has done in the past year is fame-***** his daughter out every day. Yuck, he makes my stomach turn…and I am the same age as him and remember when he *was* fascinating.

Obama,
Britney or
Angelina

What about Obama? Stephenie Meyer?

@ElledaJean Irwin:

You’re freaking hilarious!!! Outsell Harry Potter…yeah right! That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard. JK Rowling sold more of ONE book than Stephenie Meyer sold of her WHOLE series.

I think the most fascinating person is definitely Barack Obama…I mean who else?!

Stephenie Meyer is only fascinating to 12 year old girls…the rest of us could care less.

It’s DEFINITELY Obama!!

gabrielle @ 12/02/2008 at 4:12 pm

Stephenie Meyer is only fascinating to 12 year old girls…Puh-lease!!

miley?!
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

damon girl @ 12/02/2008 at 4:38 pm

definitely barrack obama.if 60 minutes could get an interview with him then barbara walters would.

miley cyrus does not deserve to make that list.
FACINATING!?!? TRY ANNNOYING!!!

OK, Why is Tom Cruise on this list. He is not interesting, just annoying and grating.. Tom and his robo-shopping wife are just pathetic. They throw their daughter to the paps for PR . And now Tom is using the older kids, too. Shame on Tom for being a bad example. Shame on Katie for using Nicole and Tom’s kids for her own attention issues. Go shopping again Katie, you have the time and the money. That is all your really good at.

Once again Tom’s money has bought him an undeserving place on Barbara Walters list. Tom is so fake and phony. So transparent every time he does anything, it’s for PR. The same goes for his fashionless tasteless, excuse for a wife Katie. She is the worst. Katie is in love with Tom’s fat wallet. He deserves her.They need to go away for a very long time and take their child with them. Leave the older kids with their Mom, Nicole. She won’t pimp them out to the paps everyday for PR.

AnYIDEApOSH @ 12/02/2008 at 9:25 pm

NUMBER 1
BARACK OBAMA

AnYIDEApOSH @ 12/02/2008 at 9:27 pm

BARACK OBAMA

To all of you who said it’s Britney? GET A FU.CK.IN LIFE ALREADY!

Its me …. Like tonight I cleaned Offices for not much $

I have to agree with Elle I keep thinking Stephanie Myer or the cast of Twilight has a giant possibility. People have been fascinated all year by this movie and books.

Nicole Kidman

definitely OBAMA. Will Smith should’ve been in the top 5!

I think it is her because she is so full of herself. Dated and out of touch

kingsbeliever @ 12/04/2008 at 12:23 pm

Sarah Palin is much more fascinating than her impersonator Tina Fey. Babs is losing her perspective more and more each year.

How about Jennifer Hudson?

President-Elect Obama

Why is it that Barbara had a personal interview with all except Sara Palin. Is it because she has bad mouthed her so bad she was embarrased. What a coward Barbara has become. I have lost all respect for her. At one time I admired her. And last night she bad mouthed her again. And what was Joy doing on the show. What poor taste. She really is a big mouth know it all. I wish they woould get her off the view. And by the way if I was Sara Palin I would want nothing to do with Barbara Walters. She needs to retire.